ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #1
ricanbandit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 30i

Z4MR new to Michigan

Just moved here from DC. Any good roads to hit? Good shops? Potholes to miss

Will be driving it up next weekend from DC, the uhaul trip up was beautiful can't wait to drive it in my M
      06-15-2014, 08:47 PM   #2
DEG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 MR

Welcome to Michigan!! What part of Michigan did you move to? Well, since our "great leaders" in Lansing decided to go on summer break without deciding how to fund road construction... nothing major is going to get done. What a bunch of idiots. Anyway, the interstates are "better" but the rest of the roads can range from great to down right treacherous. I'm over on the east side of the state about 60 miles north of Detroit...Davison, Mi. I don't DD my car, but when i do there are certain stretches of road that I avoid. Because of the harsh winter, the potholes are now in the middle of the road as opposed to just the edges. Most are filled in now, but now you have to drive over some pretty rough patches. Hope this helps... Maybe we can meet up this summer.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 05:53 AM   #3
ricanbandit
Captain
Rep

Definitely. I just moved to Livonia for a job. So far so good, mine is a daily driver for now until I get an accident the wifey had sorted out. I have seen the potholes, some are downright scary Thanks for the reply
      06-17-2014, 08:48 PM   #4
DEG
First Lieutenant
Rep

You were asking about recommended shops...I've heard good reviews about Nikolas Motorsport in Sylvan Lake. After you get settled, shoot me a PM, I would love to hear your Stromung's.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #5
ricanbandit
Captain
Rep

I was at the Lingenfelter cars and coffee last Saturday. Thinking about heading up there again this next Saturday. Interested in meeting up?
      07-06-2014, 06:06 PM   #6
DEG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Just sat down and was able to read your post. Been out of town on vacation from 6/21-6/29 (Cruise to Alaska). Turned around on 7/3 and went up to Ludington for the 4th weekend. If I would have been in town, I would like to have met at the cars and coffee. If it ever occurs in the future and you plan on going, let me know and we can meet. How did the Inspection II go?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #7
ricanbandit
Captain
Rep

Actually went well, only three of the Vanos shims had to be replaced. The dealership was clean, service advisor very friendly and my beast is enjoy all of the fluid swap out and new brakes . Would definitely meet up, nice to know another Z owner. Actually met another Z4MR owner he had a blue Interlagos 2007. First Z I have seen here in MI(besides mine of course) let mt e know when you have some time to meet up for some cars and coffee.
      07-14-2014, 07:25 PM   #8
DEG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Glad they did a good job on your Inspection II. I should be available for any of the upcoming weekends for the next cars and coffee. Let me know when and where and I will do the best that I can to get there.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 06:13 PM   #9
Bossdog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR Imola Red

Hello, My name is Chris, I live in Brighton, MI. I just acquired my first BMW, a 2006 Z4M Roadster. I've just had it a few weeks. I had the vehicle inspected by BMW of Merrillville IN, near where I purchased it. It got clean marks all around. It has 38K miles and there has not been a valve adjustment yet. any suggestions on the best place to have that done?
I'm a car guy but I know little about the Z4 or BMW's in general. Any tips are appreciated.

Oh, yah, one other thing, I don't have the pin code for the bluetooth link. I pulled a bunch of carpet out of the trunk looking for it on forum advice but I did not find it. Monday I was going to start calling dealers to see which one would look it up for me gratis, I hear some dealers want to charge you $50 or $75
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 09:04 PM   #10
MeisterS
Rennfahrer
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi E36 M3 & E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossdog View Post
Hello, My name is Chris, I live in Brighton, MI. I just acquired my first BMW, a 2006 Z4M Roadster. I've just had it a few weeks. I had the vehicle inspected by BMW of Merrillville IN, near where I purchased it. It got clean marks all around. It has 38K miles and there has not been a valve adjustment yet. any suggestions on the best place to have that done?
I'm a car guy but I know little about the Z4 or BMW's in general. Any tips are appreciated.

Oh, yah, one other thing, I don't have the pin code for the bluetooth link. I pulled a bunch of carpet out of the trunk looking for it on forum advice but I did not find it. Monday I was going to start calling dealers to see which one would look it up for me gratis, I hear some dealers want to charge you $50 or $75
Howdy neighbor! Congrats on the car.
I got the valve adjustment and some fluids done @ Steve's European Automotive - Waterford last year.
Did you check the TCU under carpet/trunk. That is where the "sticker" is supposed to be. If you end up going to a local mechanic they should be able to fix the BT pin too for a lot less (could be free especially if you get valve adjustment done) than BMW dealership.
Goodluck!

Current- Jerez Black E92 M3 | Arctic Silver E36 M3/4/5 | Monaco Blue E90 325xi
Past- AW Z4-M roadster| JB Z4-3.0si | '98 Accord V6 coupe
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 06:54 PM   #11
roadtripse
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Interlagos Roadster

Another one in Milford...

2007 Interlagos Blue, premium package, extended leather, aluminum trim, and just short of 20K on the odo. I had the nose cleaned up and a clear bra put on.
Other than that, stocker. I think even the Contis are original. I've always had muscle cars, so this is a big change for us. Be a year in October. I love tossing this car around and the fact you don't see yourself coming and going all the time. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #12
Bossdog
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtripse View Post
2007 Interlagos Blue, premium package, extended leather, aluminum trim, and just short of 20K on the odo. I had the nose cleaned up and a clear bra put on.
Other than that, stocker. I think even the Contis are original. I've always had muscle cars, so this is a big change for us. Be a year in October. I love tossing this car around and the fact you don't see yourself coming and going all the time. Cheers!
Welcome Roadtripse! I hope you enjoy your Z4.
I think my wife likes ours even more than I do.
I'm hoping to do an SCCA "season ender" Solo (autocross) event Oct 11. Normally it would be at Belle Isle, but their web site says MIS, Brooklyn, MI, but no further details yet. We will see.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 05:44 PM   #13
Bossdog
Private First Class
Rep

Hey Metro Detroit Z owners,

Do any of you autocross? I have in the past with other vehicles but have not AutoX'ed my Z yet. The Detroit SCCA does a nice job of setting up and running autocross events. Belle Isle, Former Silver dome parking lot (which may no longer be available) and this past season, Michigan Int'l Speedway south of Jackson, are some of the venues. I have not personally participated in the MIS venue, but the others have been nice. I will definitely be attending at least 1 of the SCCA Belle Isle events next season.

If any of you are interested, perhaps next season we could collectively attend an outing.

Chime in if you have any interest.

Enjoy the upcoming Holiday!
Merry Christmas.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 07:40 AM   #14
ricanbandit
Captain
Rep

Hey There, weather starting to get really nice. Anyone up for a meet in a few weeks or so? Would be great to see others Z's. Really don't see many in this area
      06-14-2016, 04:15 PM   #15
badhbtz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Schwarz M Coupe

Meet UP!

I would be up for a meet up - Never met anyone in the area with Z4M. I have one that is pretty average.

Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricanbandit View Post
Hey There, weather starting to get really nice. Anyone up for a meet in a few weeks or so? Would be great to see others Z's. Really don't see many in this area
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 09:06 AM   #16
MeisterS
Rennfahrer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhbtz View Post
I would be up for a meet up - Never met anyone in the area with Z4M. I have one that is pretty average.

Chip
Count me in as well. I see ricanbandit started a separate thread for a meet up in MI.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 12:00 PM   #17
roadtripse
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Interlagos Roadster

I'd show. Off to Vinsetta Garage for a late lunch now.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 03:49 PM   #18
badhbtz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Schwarz M Coupe

Meet Up?

Where is this meet up thread?

Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterSS View Post
Count me in as well. I see ricanbandit started a separate thread for a meet up in MI.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 07:43 AM   #19
MeisterS
Rennfahrer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhbtz View Post
Where is this meet up thread?

Chip
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1252178

Current- Jerez Black E92 M3 | Arctic Silver E36 M3/4/5 | Monaco Blue E90 325xi