ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-12-2019, 08:03 PM   #1
Jsinghzzzz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Z4M Coupe

Bilstein PSS10 Part Numbers

Found a guy on facebook selling two sets of used bilsteins(20k miles on them) for the Z4M, but he doesn't seem to know very much about them. Moreover, it looks like he has the parts mixed up.

I called Bilstein in SoCal and it seems one of the parts matches a PSS10, but the gentleman on the phone was busy so couldn't provide me with the part numbers for the rest of the kit.

Anyone here have the part numbers for the PSS10 kit handy? If not, what would be a good way to find the information? Bilstein's website allows me to search by part number but doesn't list part numbers by kit.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 05:57 AM   #2
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

Let me make sure I am reading this right.

You want us to help you get involved with a product where the company does have the time to answer their own customer's questions and provide adequate support?

Yet somehow you think this will turn out well.

Do yourself a favour and walk away. There are much better suspension companies than them out there.
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 06:37 PM   #3
Jsinghzzzz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

@ANILE8 guess that's true. From what I've read on the forums the pss10 kit is supposed to be pretty good for road/canyon use which is my primary goal for a set of coil overs.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 03:00 PM   #4
Jsinghzzzz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks ANILE8 I went back and did some more digging on the seller's posts and there were a couple of red flags, that I hadn't initially noticed.

Besides him not being sure which set of coilovers go together, he used the same pictures for a z4m coilover to list for sale a set of e9x m3 bilstein coilovers.

It may be that he's in a rush and didn't notice, but I think it's better to be safe rather than sorry, especially on a critical component such as suspension.

I'm still new to modifying cars and pretty naive, so I just wanted to say thank you for forcing me to look at it from a fresh set of eyes.

cheers!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 03:23 PM   #5
EMKOOP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

I run the PSS10 setup on my coupe and the PN is 48-141635.

Hope that helps!
Appreciate 1