ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-15-2019, 06:36 PM   #1
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers Inserts

I tried adjusting the different mounting points but still could not get my mufflers to sit higher/evenly. After reviewing crfine's DIY, I figured I'd try adjusting the flange bolts. But what didn’t make sense was why the cans hung evenly before when the flanges were fully bolted together. When I got underneath the car, I started looking around closely for anything I might’ve missed and that’s when I noticed the rubber hangers were actually torn. So for anyone else who's been wrestling with non-compliant muffler hangers, this may be the reason!

In any case, no big deal... I'll just order a new set but these suckers retail for $45 each for OE, WTF? Little more digging however, and for the same price or less you can buy:

1. OEM (HJS) hangers for $17 and
2. RevShift poly inserts for $25

Inserts should allow the rubber hangers to last way longer but question is, will the poly inserts bring upon any unwanted NVH?. Anyone here have experience?

The only other options is this but I'm thinking inserts have to be way more street friendly in comparison. It's too bad DKF doesn't sell any more of his exhaust hangers!

Last edited by 3002 tii; 09-15-2019 at 09:51 PM..
Appreciate 1
Mirko182.00
      09-15-2019, 10:08 PM   #2
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

The key that I found after going through many exhaust systems in a short amount of time and track days, is not tightening these any more than a hand tight.

These points with rubber supports will do much better damping on the vibration when it's just enough amount of tightness.

The exhuast really is in position just by the flange of the X-Pipe.

Just our observation and our opinion. YMMV.

Cheers..

FB Group-- > fb.com/groups/z4group
Instagram --> @Skyermotorsport
FB Page-- > fb.com/Skyermotorsport
Appreciate 0