ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-24-2020, 10:07 AM   #2641
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
7550
Rep
1,461
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Surprised no one's mentioned....thing's that annoy you at the gym.....is when it's closed!

Seriously though....stay safe everyone!
Was coming here to comment on just this.

Since the spare bedroom/office is now my new gym, my biggest complaint is that there isn't anyone to laugh at, check out, talk to or give shit to (I like to pick on guys twice my size).

For now, my biggest annoyance at the gym is the lack of equipment. Having some serious cable machine withdrawals. I've taken quite the shine with the one at the gym. My triceps need some love. I think I'm going to rig a rope, sheet or towel up to the chin up bar tonight then hang a kettle bell off of it so I can hit the tri's this way.

Last night I had my first real parallette workout. F'n ouch, that planche business is no joke. Oddly enough I had a hard time with the L sit but could pull off the planche. I feel like I've been beaten with a cane this morning. Good workout though.
__________________
I'm a driver; I'm the winner; things are gonna change I can feel it.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt7048.00

      03-24-2020, 11:37 AM   #2642
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
740
Rep
664
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Was coming here to comment on just this.

Since the spare bedroom/office is now my new gym, my biggest complaint is that there isn't anyone to laugh at, check out, talk to or give shit to (I like to pick on guys twice my size).

For now, my biggest annoyance at the gym is the lack of equipment. Having some serious cable machine withdrawals. I've taken quite the shine with the one at the gym. My triceps need some love. I think I'm going to rig a rope, sheet or towel up to the chin up bar tonight then hang a kettle bell off of it so I can hit the tri's this way.

Last night I had my first real parallette workout. F'n ouch, that planche business is no joke. Oddly enough I had a hard time with the L sit but could pull off the planche. I feel like I've been beaten with a cane this morning. Good workout though.
Close grip push-ups are your friend. Easy way to crush your triceps as long as form is proper. If you have dumbbells, even light weight you can do over head extensions either single hand or double depending on the weight. You can also do bench dips on common household furniture. Keep after it!
Appreciate 2
Rmtt7048.00
Now_Rudi7549.50

      03-24-2020, 11:44 AM   #2643
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
740
Rep
664
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthjennings View Post
those people who go to the gym and take selfies and videos of themselves working out. What the hell?
A guy once asked me to video him deadlifting 315, bout chucked his phone across the gym lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 11:46 AM   #2644
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
7048
Rep
2,080
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Close grip push-ups are your friend. Easy way to crush your triceps as long as form is proper. If you have dumbbells, even light weight you can do over head extensions either single hand or double depending on the weight. You can also do bench dips on common household furniture. Keep after it!
+1....also I will say that anything that you to to exaggerate the stretch in your tricep muscle will help work them.

I know that pull-overs are considered a chest/back exercise....but do some of those with your kettle bell and as you are bringing back over the top....turn it into a type of lying extension.

I do all of my "skull crushers" that way. Extend back with good form, then let it lower my arms a far back as possible.

It will fry your triceps!
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 2
Now_Rudi7549.50
JP10740.00

      03-24-2020, 12:02 PM   #2645
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
7550
Rep
1,461
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Close grip push-ups are your friend. Easy way to crush your triceps as long as form is proper. If you have dumbbells, even light weight you can do over head extensions either single hand or double depending on the weight. You can also do bench dips on common household furniture. Keep after it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
+1....also I will say that anything that you to to exaggerate the stretch in your tricep muscle will help work them.

I know that pull-overs are considered a chest/back exercise....but do some of those with your kettle bell and as you are bringing back over the top....turn it into a type of lying extension.

I do all of my "skull crushers" that way. Extend back with good form, then let it lower my arms a far back as possible.

It will fry your triceps!
Appreciate you gents
__________________
I'm a driver; I'm the winner; things are gonna change I can feel it.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt7048.00

      03-25-2020, 10:56 AM   #2646
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
7048
Rep
2,080
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Today I was going to use the big tree limb for pull-ups... but some jackass was sitting on it, while using his phone.
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 2
VMRWheels1798.00

      03-27-2020, 07:47 AM   #2647
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
740
Rep
664
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Chest day this morning, gym was empty. Just one other guy in there. Still pretty shocked they haven't closed. Back up plan is to gather up all the workout equipment from the other guys that work here. Then rig up a little station in the shop where we can workout. Gotta figure out the shower situation yet, thinking of just buying a curtain and creating a make shift shower near a drain lmao.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 10:58 AM   #2648
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
7550
Rep
1,461
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Gymnast rings showed up yesterday. Holy shit. The simplest of exercises with these things are extremely difficult for a novice. I rigged them up on the chin up bar last night and tried some push up with them. Using the parallettes I've been doing 5 sets of 15 with a close grip. On the rings, I managed to complete 3 sets of 6. Also managed to execute a few L Sits and a few dips with them. After toying around with the rings for a bit, I've decided I need to take down the ceiling fan in this room and throw some eye bolts in the truss's this weekend so I can get full range of motion with them. Since eye bolts are going in the ceiling, I ordered some rope, pulleys and handles to attach to the eye bolts to work tri's, bi's, shoulders and possible some leg movements as well. The gym being closed is keeping me busy with a makeshift home gym install. Next I'll have to build some boxes for variation of movement.

I'm getting some hellacious workouts in during all this social distancing. I come in to work each day barely able to move. I'm digging the progress I'm seeing though. I noticed this morning my arms actually fill out the sleeves of my shirt.
__________________
I'm a driver; I'm the winner; things are gonna change I can feel it.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt7048.00

      04-02-2020, 01:09 PM   #2649
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
7048
Rep
2,080
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Gymnast rings showed up yesterday. Holy shit. The simplest of exercises with these things are extremely difficult for a novice. I rigged them up on the chin up bar last night and tried some push up with them. Using the parallettes I've been doing 5 sets of 15 with a close grip. On the rings, I managed to complete 3 sets of 6. Also managed to execute a few L Sits and a few dips with them. After toying around with the rings for a bit, I've decided I need to take down the ceiling fan in this room and throw some eye bolts in the truss's this weekend so I can get full range of motion with them. Since eye bolts are going in the ceiling, I ordered some rope, pulleys and handles to attach to the eye bolts to work tri's, bi's, shoulders and possible some leg movements as well. The gym being closed is keeping me busy with a makeshift home gym install. Next I'll have to build some boxes for variation of movement.

I'm getting some hellacious workouts in during all this social distancing. I come in to work each day barely able to move. I'm digging the progress I'm seeing though. I noticed this morning my arms actually fill out the sleeves of my shirt.

Save the time and just use the eye bolts you already have mounted to the ceiling in the bedroom!
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi7549.50

      04-02-2020, 01:11 PM   #2650
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
10542
Rep
22,940
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Save the time and just use the eye bolts you already have mounted to the ceiling in the bedroom!
Agreed knew that was coming. Wife has some sling for yoga stuff that hangs off squat rack. Gets some use also.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt7048.00

      04-02-2020, 01:12 PM   #2651
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
PoorLurker's Avatar
No_Country
1140
Rep
637
Posts

Drives: a bicycle
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
A guy once asked me to video him deadlifting 315, bout chucked his phone across the gym lol.

One of the things I regret is not filming more of my lifts. They are good to look back on and reflect.

Why hate on someone filming a 315 deadlift? If that's a lot of for him then that's good. He could be doing worse things. But I do know of types that lift and film that drive me crazy. The ones that are completely out of touch with reality.

If the guy is arrogant with his 315 lift that's different.

Last edited by PoorLurker; 04-03-2020 at 09:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 06:53 AM   #2652
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
740
Rep
664
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
One of the things I regret is not filming more of my lifts. They are good to look back on and reflect.

Why hate on someone filming a 315 deadlift? If that's a lot of for him then that's good. He could be doing worse things. But I do know of types that lift and film that drive me crazy. The ones that are completely out of touch with reality.

If the guy is arrogant with his 315 lift that's different.

Speaking of videos - I just found a video of me loading an atlas stone to a high box. After I loaded the stone, I passed out and the stone came rolling off a 60" box! Luckily it didn't fall on my legs. Here is a screen cap of me falling and the 265lbs stone coming after me, haha.
I don't think he was doing it for purposes of reflecting on his lift. Based on his personality no doubt it was just going in instagram or some shit. I didn't dive into the whole story, but he pulled me from my workout. Had to get set-up for 2-3minutes, finally did 2 reps. It was annoying, if you want me to film your shit be ready to pull when I get there.
Appreciate 1
PoorLurker1140.00

      04-03-2020, 09:56 AM   #2653
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
PoorLurker's Avatar
No_Country
1140
Rep
637
Posts

Drives: a bicycle
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
I don't think he was doing it for purposes of reflecting on his lift. Based on his personality no doubt it was just going in instagram or some shit. I didn't dive into the whole story, but he pulled me from my workout. Had to get set-up for 2-3minutes, finally did 2 reps. It was annoying, if you want me to film your shit be ready to pull when I get there.
Definitely - don't call someone over to kill their rhythm
Appreciate 1
JP10740.00

      04-03-2020, 11:31 AM   #2654
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
7550
Rep
1,461
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Gymnast rings showed up yesterday. Holy shit. The simplest of exercises with these things are extremely difficult for a novice. I rigged them up on the chin up bar last night and tried some push up with them. Using the parallettes I've been doing 5 sets of 15 with a close grip. On the rings, I managed to complete 3 sets of 6. Also managed to execute a few L Sits and a few dips with them. After toying around with the rings for a bit, I've decided I need to take down the ceiling fan in this room and throw some eye bolts in the truss's this weekend so I can get full range of motion with them. Since eye bolts are going in the ceiling, I ordered some rope, pulleys and handles to attach to the eye bolts to work tri's, bi's, shoulders and possible some leg movements as well. The gym being closed is keeping me busy with a makeshift home gym install. Next I'll have to build some boxes for variation of movement.

I'm getting some hellacious workouts in during all this social distancing. I come in to work each day barely able to move. I'm digging the progress I'm seeing though. I noticed this morning my arms actually fill out the sleeves of my shirt.

Save the time and just use the eye bolts you already have mounted to the ceiling in the bedroom!
__________________
I'm a driver; I'm the winner; things are gonna change I can feel it.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt7048.00

      04-04-2020, 12:29 AM   #2655
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
9541
Rep
8,212
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Gymnast rings showed up yesterday. Holy shit. The simplest of exercises with these things are extremely difficult for a novice. I rigged them up on the chin up bar last night and tried some push up with them. Using the parallettes I've been doing 5 sets of 15 with a close grip. On the rings, I managed to complete 3 sets of 6. Also managed to execute a few L Sits and a few dips with them. After toying around with the rings for a bit, I've decided I need to take down the ceiling fan in this room and throw some eye bolts in the truss's this weekend so I can get full range of motion with them. Since eye bolts are going in the ceiling, I ordered some rope, pulleys and handles to attach to the eye bolts to work tri's, bi's, shoulders and possible some leg movements as well. The gym being closed is keeping me busy with a makeshift home gym install. Next I'll have to build some boxes for variation of movement.

I'm getting some hellacious workouts in during all this social distancing. I come in to work each day barely able to move. I'm digging the progress I'm seeing though. I noticed this morning my arms actually fill out the sleeves of my shirt.

Save the time and just use the eye bolts you already have mounted to the ceiling in the bedroom!
T
M
I

What two (almost) consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom is none of our concern

You freaks with ropes a pulleys. What's wrong with a kiss? You don't have to go jumping straight for the clitoris
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2020, 09:13 AM   #2656
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
10542
Rep
22,940
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

You need more porn in your life
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 08:11 AM   #2657
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
7550
Rep
1,461
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
T
M
I

What two (almost) consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom is none of our concern

You freaks with ropes a pulleys. What's wrong with a kiss? You don't have to go jumping straight for the clitoris
@ "almost consenting" My friend Mickey always helps with the undecided. (I kid, I kid)
__________________
I'm a driver; I'm the winner; things are gonna change I can feel it.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 08:49 PM   #2658
Really_fat_ninja
Private
Really_fat_ninja's Avatar
47
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: BiCoastal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
You need more porn in your life
Not sure that helps...
__________________
Instagram @really_fat_ninja
http://www.instagram.com/really_fat_ninja/
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 09:32 PM   #2659
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
10542
Rep
22,940
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really_fat_ninja View Post
Not sure that helps...
Pipe down fat boy
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 11:43 PM   #2660
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
9541
Rep
8,212
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

And listen to your elders #whippersnapper
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 04:54 AM   #2661
Antony44
Registered
1
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: BMW I3
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

I do not like
1) Beachmen who take apart my (just assembled) barbell or dumbbells right in front of my approach or do nothing on simulators.
2) Some piercing chubby aunts who believe that they can change their rights and establish their own rules here.
3) Sometimes - a coach who knows nothing (almost nothing) and fitness.
4) 3 girls) who quietly whisper (it seems to me) about me and my girlfriend (we go to the gym together).
5) Sometimes 2-3 guys who discuss their problems too loudly.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 12:11 PM   #2662
Really_fat_ninja
Private
Really_fat_ninja's Avatar
47
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: BiCoastal

iTrader: (0)

I do not like old grandma’s that yell at me for picking up the phone for 1 min
__________________
Instagram @really_fat_ninja
http://www.instagram.com/really_fat_ninja/
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST