ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-16-2023, 08:34 PM   #1
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

___### Skyer non-M Diffuser ###___

For those who aren't following our social media or are not on social media, we have been building this diffuser in the last few months.

We'll be launching our non-M Diffuser pre-order pretty soon. We don't know the exact pricing yet but it should be in line with our other products

If you're interested, let me know in the thread, I'll add you to the interest list below.

Thank you for all the support these years!

*** Picture Time ***
Attached Images

FB Group-- > fb.com/groups/z4group
Instagram --> @Skyermotorsport
FB Page-- > fb.com/Skyermotorsport

Last edited by ZeD4Mr; 03-16-2023 at 08:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 08:43 PM   #2
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Diffuser Interest List:

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 09:10 AM   #3
cbpip
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4C 3.0si 3 pedal

Garage List
2007 BMW E86C  [0.00]
Interested, what is the composition for the diffuser ? Hope the fit is better than the side skirts which was horrible.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 08:37 PM   #4
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpip View Post
Interested, what is the composition for the diffuser ? Hope the fit is better than the side skirts which was horrible.
We will be offering FRP and Carbon. We're currently testing the pre-LCI and Post-LCI fitment to make sure they'll fit really well. Most of our stuff fits well or needs none or very slight tweaking.

As for those Aero side skirts, there are people who found fitment acceptable and some had to modify it to fit.

Due to the lack of consistency of fitments reported by customers and FRP being less flexible than plastic, we will not be selling them anymore. (Shipping is also another issue for us)

Hope this help clear up some questions.

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 09:02 PM   #5
cbpip
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E86C  [0.00]
What puzzles me is you knew about the issues with fitment and still sold off remaining stock. Meanwhile customers invested hundreds of hard earned dollars not only in the product but paint and other supplies and some paid shops to find out the sideskirts where faulty. Knowing that customers were buying less than what they were paying for and to make profit ahead of the customers coming first.

Poor business model IMHO.

Last edited by cbpip; 03-20-2023 at 09:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 04:48 PM   #6
WickedNy
Get Some
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4 3.0si

Garage List
07 z4 3.0si  [0.00]
I’ve purchased a number of products from op and have yet to have an issue…Personally, I appreciate the fact he puts in the time and effort to come up with new pieces for an aging model
Appreciate 1
Steeler2427.50
      03-21-2023, 07:13 PM   #7
cbpip
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E86C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNy View Post
I’ve purchased a number of products from op and have yet to have an issue…Personally, I appreciate the fact he puts in the time and effort to come up with new pieces for an aging model

I too have several Carbon Fiber items which have been well made, however when you place trust in a product line you expect it too be followed through time and again and not wasted almost $1000.00.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 07:14 PM   #8
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpip View Post
What puzzles me is you knew about the issues with fitment and still sold off remaining stock. Meanwhile customers invested hundreds of hard earned dollars not only in the product but paint and other supplies and some paid shops to find out the sideskirts where faulty. Knowing that customers were buying less than what they were paying for and to make profit ahead of the customers coming first.

Poor business model IMHO.
I understand your frustration and apologize.

Prior to our launch, we installed these skirts on 5 different Z4s.(We have posted these pictures on social media) There's a difference between cars due to age/mileage/weather temp but overall acceptable.

These are not OEM PP materials and not as flexible. So seams & gaps can be visible if not professionally installed (meaning if fiberglass work needs to be done, any body shop can easily do them). [Try Duraflex or Liberty Walk]

This is on our disclaimer as well for any body part. We don't claim they will fit 100% like OEM side skirts.

We have received a handful of feedback that they don't bolt right onto the body out of 60+ sets that we've sold. Most are happy with them.

Most people will test fit any body part prior to painting/wrapping and we think it's common practice for any body shop.

Again, I understand your disappointment and I apologize that you feel this way.

I think accusing us of selling lower-quality products and selling off all remaining stock is unwarranted. Our inventory level is not publicly disclosed and quality is relative.

The reason why we're not offering them at this moment is due to shipping logistics on these large items (hood, bumpers etc)

We have them in stock and selling else where just not to US/Canada, shipping cost more than the product itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNy View Post
Thank you for your support!

Last edited by ZeD4Mr; 03-21-2023 at 07:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 08:35 PM   #9
cbpip
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E86C  [0.00]
I watch the Skyer site often, the side skirts were offered at a reduced price to move the last units that were being offered. You knew at that time that the fitment was lacking and still sold them off not informing purchasers of the issues.

I understand FRP items need massaging but the fit on these is extremely poor. The finish was well made as earlier stated.
Appreciate 1
3002 tii2281.50