ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-17-2010, 04:45 AM   #1
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep
Drives: 2006 Imola Red Z4 M Roadster

Z4MR VT2-500 coming home very soon:)

Roman sent me this picture yesterday of my VT2-500 install completed. They will be testing the car this weekend and should be ready to come home next week
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 04:51 AM   #2
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep

Blower
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 05:47 AM   #3
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

That's awesome man. Can't wait to here all about it and see more pictures
      07-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
Juice84
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '03 2.5i Z4

CR or Dog can you take the plastic cover off the front so we can see how the intake pipe runs?

Might be a way to run a true CAI.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
Beedub
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M roadster vt2-500

omg more pics please.................. i dont suppose you could post up the pipe run pics please? also what are you doing about placing a boost gauge and AFR gauge.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
crfine88
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice84 View Post
CR or Dog can you take the plastic cover off the front so we can see how the intake pipe runs?

Might be a way to run a true CAI.
Detailed pics of the intake in mod #21, see link

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthre...3119:thumbsup:
      07-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #7
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep

very nice write up!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 06:07 PM   #8
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
omg more pics please.................. i dont suppose you could post up the pipe run pics please? also what are you doing about placing a boost gauge and AFR gauge.
I should have the car back home in about a week. I will post a lot more pics and video. My boost, AFR, and nitrous gauges are on the A pillar. I also have EGT, FUEL PSI, and Dyno tune nitrous switch panel where the ash tray used to be. It's a custom gauge tray from LeatherZ http://leatherz.com/Merchant5/mercha...Code=z4_gauges

I will post pics of the A pillae when I get it back
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 06:09 PM   #9
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep

Thanks CR,

I will definitely post more pics and vid when I get the car back. Thanks for the link to your awesome write up. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 10:29 AM   #10
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

i'm excited FOR you! i couldn't imagine being without my baby for that long...
      07-18-2010, 11:54 AM   #11
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
i'm excited FOR you! i couldn't imagine being without my baby for that long...

Thanks 007,

I have to leave my daughter for 2 weeks at a time for my job, so this is very easy for me in a way but yeah, I miss the car. I cant wait to drive it and share the experience. Cheers

Joe
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 10:13 AM   #12
Beedub
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

fr8t the first time to see how the revs rise all the way will shock you!! i promise you will love it!! i just wish their was alittle more noise from the charger, luckily as were both roadster we hear more than the coupes, when you hit high revs you get mad induction noise!! the s54 with boost is a thing of beauty! please please please post detailed pics of the pipework and post some vids real soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #13
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
fr8t the first time to see how the revs rise all the way will shock you!! i promise you will love it!! i just wish their was alittle more noise from the charger, luckily as were both roadster we hear more than the coupes, when you hit high revs you get mad induction noise!! the s54 with boost is a thing of beauty! please please please post detailed pics of the pipework and post some vids real soon.
I say you mount one of those spy-microphones in front of the blower and hook it into your speakers!!!

seriously though...Congrats you guys! I hope to be there one of these years.
      07-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #14
Beedub
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Maybe with the engine mount issue, we F/I guys should uprate them ;-)

007 im loving it, but im fearful of how much can actually go wrong
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #15
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep

Quote:
OH man! this is the kind of sh$t I like to hear. I'm so F'n excited I think Roman is getting sick of me calling He said the car is running great, just doing some fine tuning. I'm a fan of supercharger noise as well, but it sounds like the induction sound is pretty cool. Do you feel the car pull hard? as in push you back in your seat a little. Comparing the stock torque curve against the vt curve is amazing. Stock starts dropping off at 5000, where as the VT holds steady all the way to redline. I bet you can feel that difference. I will definitely post some detailed pics and video of intercooler piping and some in car video as well. Mad induction noise....I love it
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 07:41 PM   #16
crfine88
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8tdog View Post
OH man! this is the kind of sh$t I like to hear. I'm so F'n excited I think Roman is getting sick of me calling He said the car is running great, just doing some fine tuning. I'm a fan of supercharger noise as well, but it sounds like the induction sound is pretty cool. Do you feel the car pull hard? as in push you back in your seat a little. Comparing the stock torque curve against the vt curve is amazing. Stock starts dropping off at 5000, where as the VT holds steady all the way to redline. I bet you can feel that difference. I will definitely post some detailed pics and video of intercooler piping and some in car video as well. Mad induction noise....I love it
Man the Vt-1 is rediculous. There is no hesitation all the way to reline. At first it was scary fast because I was used to the N/A. Now I can count on the power all the way through. You can forget about the power dropping off @ 5K it only increases from there.

It really freaks my wife out, but she loves it.

That being said, the VT-2 should really knock your socks off. Can't wait to here your review.

Oh yeah, and she screams too. The induction noise really is very nice.
      07-22-2010, 08:10 PM   #17
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfine88 View Post
Man the Vt-1 is rediculous. There is no hesitation all the way to reline. At first it was scary fast because I was used to the N/A. Now I can count on the power all the way through. You can forget about the power dropping off @ 5K it only increases from there.

It really freaks my wife out, but she loves it.

That being said, the VT-2 should really knock your socks off. Can't wait to here your review.

Oh yeah, and she screams too. The induction noise really is very nice.

Thanks guys...I wont be able to sleep for a week. Time to call Roman...just to ask him to start the car and rev the engine
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 11:21 PM   #18
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

I need to upgrade jobs already. I'm already bored with the stock power
      07-22-2010, 11:51 PM   #19
The__J__Factor
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M Coupe

^ I know hey lol
Im trying to save for a VT-1 but even that wont come till next year.
Z4 M Coupe - H&R - RE Diablo - RPi - Tekarbon - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 03:16 AM   #20
ZM4000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Maybe with the engine mount issue, we F/I guys should uprate them ;-)

007 im loving it, but im fearful of how much can actually go wrong
Beedub u say ure scared of how much can go wrong what do u mean with that? That the engine could blow up? last less?

Really hope to buy a supercharger next year i'm gonna try a group buy we'll c
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 04:31 AM   #21
Beedub
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

zm4000 what i meant was their alot of issue that can potentially go wring but then again to be honest the same issues happen on bone stock cars so that was a silly comment, please disregard it, fr8t, does it pull to the redline you ask???? hell yeah and then some, does it push you back in your seat??? hell yeah infact you can actually feel the tyres squishing into the road at high revs, infact i did a high rev 2nd to 3rd change in the dry earlier in the week and the traction control light started to flash ;-) admittedly it was a poor surface but still...... very impressive, 6th gear crusing a motorway speeds its just a breeze, my factory fresh PS2s are being used to their full potential, if you havent uprated your brakes, youll need to definatly, fr8 may i also suggest a bmw strutbrace, we have roadsters, and altho they are hugely stiff (stiffer then a e46 m3 coupe infact) with the xtra power its really good to tie the front end down...... plenty of clearance over the intake, on the track i really noticed a difference in my roady....... fr8 just for you bro....................

Last edited by Beedub; 07-23-2010 at 04:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #22
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep

Quote:
zm4000 what i meant was their alot of issue that can potentially go wring but then again to be honest the same issues happen on bone stock cars so that was a silly comment, please disregard it, fr8t, does it pull to the redline you ask???? hell yeah and then some, does it push you back in your seat??? hell yeah infact you can actually feel the tyres squishing into the road at high revs, infact i did a high rev 2nd to 3rd change in the dry earlier in the week and the traction control light started to flash ;-) admittedly it was a poor surface but still...... very impressive, 6th gear crusing a motorway speeds its just a breeze, my factory fresh PS2s are being used to their full potential, if you havent uprated your brakes, youll need to definatly, fr8 may i also suggest a bmw strutbrace, we have roadsters, and altho they are hugely stiff (stiffer then a e46 m3 coupe infact) with the xtra power its really good to tie the front end down...... plenty of clearance over the intake, on the track i really noticed a difference in my roady....... fr8 just for you bro....................

Very cool! Thanks man. Your description of the cars performance is getting me fired up. Love the strut brace...you order it through BMW? I will definitely upgrade the brakes. I have soft drag radials in 285 size, so I look forward the positive acceleration. Nothing like the feeling of being pushed back in your seat with Mad induction sound
Appreciate 0