ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-28-2020, 02:16 AM   #1
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
White over Imola coupe sale @ BaT today

Very nice car, awesome color/trim combo.. 54k miles.. hammers at $35,355 today, which is pretty strong money at that mileage..

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-z4-m-coupe-6/

The seller didn't do a very good job presenting it, nor knowing much about it. Lacked service records for the most part. But it was revealed with about an hour left in the auction that it had previously been an EAG car at 46k miles, and that no doubt gave it a boost.

Good to see the strong price here. Bodes well for the rest of us.
Finnegan701.00
      05-28-2020, 04:32 AM   #2
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Damn good price atm. Still, good color combo and no nav. Nice to see no matter what
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 06:57 AM   #3
86Zed
Get off my lawn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Garage List
I agree that the seller did a less than stellar job presenting the car. Limited service records, lack of a PPI (common) and no mention of his biggest ace in the hole - an EAG car.

At the same time a similar mileage, non-nav, carbon trim example sells for ~$24K on the classifieds here. Sellers trying to move quickly out of a platform are setting a big range for values
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 07:47 AM   #4
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Awesome color combo AND carbon dash with no navi...
      05-28-2020, 11:32 AM   #5
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Zed View Post
At the same time a similar mileage, non-nav, carbon trim example sells for ~$24K on the classifieds here. Sellers trying to move quickly out of a platform are setting a big range for values
I think what this demonstrates is that BaT has become an excellent venue for finding a buyer at the "right" price quickly - while selling via something like the zpost forums - where most viewers already own one - is not getting a lot of exposure, or the right exposure. It's pretty amazing that this guy got over $35k with such a poor presentation, lack of records and lack of much knowledge about the car. But it was a prize color/trim combo, and the EAG card kicked in at the last minute to tickle 2-3 interested buyers into driving the price up.

Let's face it - while the supply is definitely limited, so is the number of "right' buyers who will pay for the "right" car - "right" as in exactly what they're looking for. Plus more than likely you have to be willing to travel. As a seller, if you have a really nice car, you might need to have some patience to avoid giving it away too cheaply. As a buyer, keep turning over every rock - you might find a gem like the one just sold here on the cheap.
86Zed932.00
      05-28-2020, 12:18 PM   #6
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LSB Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Zed View Post
I agree that the seller did a less than stellar job presenting the car. Limited service records, lack of a PPI (common) and no mention of his biggest ace in the hole - an EAG car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
Awesome color combo AND carbon dash with no navi...
Can you enlighten me on the desirability of the carbon trim?

I'm new to Z/M's. My car has it but I guess I dumbed into it without knowing it was more sought after.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 02:18 PM   #7
bwright657
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC801 View Post

I'm new to Z/M's. My car has it but I guess I dumbed into it without knowing it was more sought after.
The carbon leather is pretty much universally liked. It looks good and matches all the interior colors. The aluminum probably isn't the best choice for a roadster, but I think it looks great with a red interior. The Maderia wood is divisive, but I like it. There was a gorgeous Monaco Blue / Extended Light Sepang / Maderia that ended up on BaT at the end of April. I would have gone for it if I was still looking for a Coupe.
      05-28-2020, 08:39 PM   #8
canadianbimmerlover
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 1M, Z4 M, M2C, M3C

Nice to see the prices climbing. I took my Imola red on red 2007 Z4MC to the dealer today for its yearly service. Just rolled over 6600 km...
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 11:13 PM   #9
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I had my first Z4MC from new until 2015, in the brutal environment of metro Phoenix (though it was always garaged when parked at home). The carbon leather looked as new when I sold the car. I now have another and it too looks brand new. It's very resilient and doesn't need much (if any) care. I think I slapped some leather conditioner on my first one maybe one time.

The ONLY downside - if this even is one - is that it's black, as is much of the rest of the cabin, so it contributes to a dark space. That's why I love Imola, it completely transforms the cabin into a brighter place - and complements the carbon leather perfectly to my eye.

As for the other options - personally I can't stand the aluminum trim option, and I'm one of those guys who loves the Madeira wood trim. It's quite polarizing, most people love or hate it.
      05-28-2020, 11:26 PM   #10
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LSB Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Quote:
I had my first Z4MC from new until 2015, in the brutal environment of metro Phoenix (though it was always garaged when parked at home). The carbon leather looked as new when I sold the car. I now have another and it too looks brand new. It's very resilient and doesn't need much (if any) care. I think I slapped some leather conditioner on my first one maybe one time.

The ONLY downside - if this even is one - is that it's black, as is much of the rest of the cabin, so it contributes to a dark space. That's why I love Imola, it completely transforms the cabin into a brighter place - and complements the carbon leather perfectly to my eye.

As for the other options - personally I can't stand the aluminum trim option, and I'm one of those guys who loves the Madeira wood trim. It's quite polarizing, most people love or hate it.
Thanks for the explanation.

Contemplating blue Recaro's or similar to add some color as you mention.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 12:48 AM   #11
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

I'm glad that I didn't see it in time or else I grab it as I really want a coupe to add to my collection.. Thank you for saving me from digging another hole..

FB Group-- > fb.com/groups/z4group
Instagram --> @Skyermotorsport
FB Page-- > fb.com/Skyermotorsport
Appreciate 0