ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-13-2020, 12:54 AM   #1
Almuliman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 6MT 128i

08 M Coupe FS at Konkin in Portland, OR

Anybody know anything about this car, by chance?

Rebuilt title... Titanium Silver over Sepang Bronze, 88K miles. Asking $19,995.

https://www.konkinautogroup.com/vehi...492fac6e71dd8f

- peter
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 08:14 AM   #2
CJW2OO4
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86M,M2,F13 E86&E85M,E86,2E46

No but that price is high for a car with a rebuilt title.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 08:53 AM   #3
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Wow, very unusual color combination. I'd at least insist on a CarFax and underside pictures. Preferably "before" pictures and/or an explanation for the rebuilt title. If it was something like a hailstorm you might have a really good car. On the other hand if the front suspension looks newer than the rest of the underside you might be looking at a bent car.

There's a fellow on here who picked up a Z4MC for under $10K. He loves it.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 10:43 AM   #4
Almuliman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks, both. I'll definitely get more pictures, Carfax, and any explanation the dealer may have. They seem to have good reputation. And that's before driving down to have a look.

I'd love to hear the story about that $10K Z4MC.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 12:25 PM   #5
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LSB Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Wow, very unusual color combination. I'd at least insist on a CarFax and underside pictures. Preferably "before" pictures and/or an explanation for the rebuilt title. If it was something like a hailstorm you might have a really good car. On the other hand if the front suspension looks newer than the rest of the underside you might be looking at a bent car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almuliman View Post
Thanks, both. I'll definitely get more pictures, Carfax, and any explanation the dealer may have. They seem to have good reputation. And that's before driving down to have a look.

I bought the LSB Z4MC mentioned. It was rebuilt title for a front end collision. I have photos of the car when it was up for auction and then from the gentleman who bought it, had it stripped and painted in Laguna Seca Blue. He then kept the car for 3 years and told me it has no alignment issues (he wasn't the one selling me the car....I was just the annoying guy that tracked him down years later).

The car even has the factory hood. It needed a front bumper and driver side fender. When I bought it the owner that traded it in had some suspect exterior modifications and it gave me pause. Then the dealer accepted my mega lowball offer just to take the car as is. After some maintenance to make me feel good about it and some new wheels/tires and a clean up.....it's the best car purchase I've made. And I've made a lot.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
wdb4716.50
Vanne1620.50
Almuliman465.50
      06-13-2020, 01:03 PM   #6
Almuliman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

That's a great story and for an LSB car...

Got the Carfax. Yikes. 5 owners (OK) and several years spent in Bellevue a few miles away, but the clincher is a total loss in 2015:
- It hit a stationary object
- It hit an earth embankment
- Damage to front
- Damage to right front
- Damage to rear
- Vehicle towed
- Side airbag deployed
From the seller: "Parts replaced on it were front left suspension, left / right rear suspension and airbags."

Maybe a "mega lowball offer" would be worthwhile after actually driving it and having a trustworthy shop in Portland check it over, but... Needs more pondering.
Appreciate 1
wdb4716.50
      06-13-2020, 01:44 PM   #7
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That's a great story and for an LSB car...

Got the Carfax. Yikes. 5 owners (OK) and several years spent in Bellevue a few miles away, but the clincher is a total loss in 2015:
- It hit a stationary object
- It hit an earth embankment
- Damage to front
- Damage to right front
- Damage to rear
- Vehicle towed
- Side airbag deployed
From the seller: "Parts replaced on it were front left suspension, left / right rear suspension and airbags."

Maybe a "mega lowball offer" would be worthwhile after actually driving it and having a trustworthy shop in Portland check it over, but... Needs more pondering.
I tried to do a search using the VIN for the car you're talking about but oddly nothing came up. Usually you will find photos from the salvage auction site showing how it looked then.

With that much damage they are WAY high. I would guess the salvage auction price is below $10k but who knows what it cost to get it back to looking how it does now.

Love the interior. And BTW, have to mention, the gentleman that bought and rebuilt/painted my car, did a repaint in LSB. It was never offered from BMW for the Z4M's. Honestly I doubt I would have bought the car had it not been for the color, even at that price.
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2020, 01:47 PM   #8
86Zed
Get off my lawn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Garage List
I searched the VIN at Z4MBuyersGuide and it came up with an Imola Red interior, not the better looking Sepang shown now.

These cars are incredible drivers. If you can get into one that was repaired correctly for cheap then absolutely jump on it.
Appreciate 1
SLC80182.50
      06-13-2020, 02:02 PM   #9
Almuliman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks. I didn't see that result when I searched the VIN. Oh, I totally missed that on https://www.mdecoder.com/decode/5umdu93588lm08611. There it is: Titan-silber over Imola red.

It's nearly 7 hours there and back, so I'm not going to check it out in person until I'm ready to drive it off if it's right.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 02:14 PM   #10
pyshin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 97c2

With 88k miles, does the dealer have any maintenance records from previous owners? With no records you may be looking at a couple grand in labor/parts alone right away (VANOS, rod bearings, etc.)
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 12:38 AM   #11
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
That's an $8k car IMHO.
      06-15-2020, 02:53 PM   #12
Almuliman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Sold (but not to me). Back on the hunt!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 03:47 PM   #13
Emmrbee
Retired
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster

Quote:
Sold (but not to me). Back on the hunt!
Here's one for you
Only 1018 miles from Seattle

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8910/overview/
Appreciate 1
Almuliman465.50
      06-15-2020, 04:09 PM   #14
Almuliman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Er, too much red. Yeah, that's it. Nice drive home in the summer, though. Thanks for the find, though. I gotta get those alerts set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmrbee View Post
Here's one for you

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 04:39 PM   #15
86Zed
Get off my lawn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for the find, though. I gotta get those alerts set up.
Between here and http://www.z4mcoupebuyersguide.com/ that covers 95% of listings. Certainly a few more places if you are really searching far and wide
Appreciate 1
Almuliman465.50
      06-15-2020, 05:10 PM   #16
Almuliman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Much obliged, sir.

My friend Dave must be the last 5%. He sent me this this morning: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=274129922

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Zed View Post
Between here and http://www.z4mcoupebuyersguide.com/ that covers 95% of listings. Certainly a few more places if you are really searching far and wide
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 11:22 AM   #17
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmrbee View Post
Here's one for you

I've seen a 3.0si coupe in red, beautiful color on this shape. Really good price too.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 06:19 PM   #18
T-Bears
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85 2.5i

Garage List
A really nice looking Z4MC! I love the color
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 10:41 PM   #19
Kazansky
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC801 View Post
Quote:

Quote:

I bought the LSB Z4MC mentioned. It was rebuilt title for a front end collision. I have photos of the car when it was up for auction and then from the gentleman who bought it, had it stripped and painted in Laguna Seca Blue. He then kept the car for 3 years and told me it has no alignment issues (he wasn't the one selling me the car....I was just the annoying guy that tracked him down years later).

The car even has the factory hood. It needed a front bumper and driver side fender. When I bought it the owner that traded it in had some suspect exterior modifications and it gave me pause. Then the dealer accepted my mega lowball offer just to take the car as is. After some maintenance to make me feel good about it and some new wheels/tires and a clean up.....it's the best car purchase I've made. And I've made a lot.
What rims are those please? Look awesome.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 10:45 PM   #20
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazansky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC801 View Post
Quote:

Quote:

What rims are those please? Look awesome.
Thanks, they are Apex ARC-8's in 17" with 255 square setup
Appreciate 0