ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-16-2020, 01:22 PM   #1
CJW2OO4
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86M,M2,F13 E86&E85M,E86,2E46

OEM NAV to Radio Swap

I searched around a bit but I could not find a guide for this swap. I am thinking about swapping my car from Nav to non nav so I can get one of the newer Andoird nav units. Has anyone here done the sway and documented the process? Does anyone know what parts are needed for the swap?

All input would be greatly appreciated from you guys!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 09:20 AM   #2
rsutoratosu
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i

I email the guys at joying auto with the replacement head unit. Due to chinese new year, they are away for 1-2 weeks.. I'm trying to find out if it works with the factory navigation and just use this unit for everything and you can leave the factory unit intact. If it does, it be great.

I'm also looking to put it in for me, so Ill have 2 android units in the car, Lol. I really want to know if I will lose factory bluetooth phone if i switch to their unit and replace the business radio that I have
      02-12-2020, 09:14 AM   #3
rsutoratosu
Captain
Rep

Slow due to the corona & chinese new year. Still waiting for a definite answer for the joying unit

They did tell me that these cables are needed.
https://connects2.com/products/steer...vehicle/BMW/Z4
      02-14-2020, 08:55 AM   #4
rsutoratosu
Captain
Rep

From the Connect2 support. Wiring is a little different from the android units compare to the joying unit.

Assuming all the necessary leads come with that new head unit and I can vaguely make out a key wire for stalks and can assume that there may be 3 key wires, it indicates that it is a quadlock connection at the vehicle so the CTSBM004.2 should still suffice here.

Accompanied with the patch lead CTMULTILEAD.2 and fascia if they haven’t already got one CT24BM06 for the single din chassis.