ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-02-2015, 11:57 AM   #1
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Any architects here?

Greetings fellow OTers,

I am casting a pretty wide net across different social platforms in hopes of helping out a friend. Given how much I lurk around here and see all sorts of professionals hanging out here, I figured to give OT a shot as well.

Good friend of mine has just wrapped up a masters degree of Architecture in Frankfurt at a pretty decent school and is in hopes of relocating to US for work. She is 26 and besides her undergrad in architecture, has a couple years of professional experience as well.

What are the best avenues to get a job in her field here given she would need a visa sponsorship (H1B i think)? Any advice/recommendation is welcome. I am drawing a blank with this one as my field of experience is very far from hers (AdTech) and never had to bother with any visa requirements.

Thanks!

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 05:09 PM   #2
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

What area does she specialize in? Residential/commercial/industrial...

Best bet to get someone to cover the added up front costs are to get in with some of the big Engineering Firms. Also, most of them have overseas offices and deal/ have dealt with these type of situations before.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 07:40 PM   #3
1NS0MN1A
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: IS

A friend of mine is in the same boat. I think he started with a local firm doing window orders and such. Once he builds his resume he will be more competitive.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 08:31 AM   #4
bimmerfrk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari Red F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMOUPE View Post
Greetings fellow OTers,

I am casting a pretty wide net across different social platforms in hopes of helping out a friend. Given how much I lurk around here and see all sorts of professionals hanging out here, I figured to give OT a shot as well.

Good friend of mine has just wrapped up a masters degree of Architecture in Frankfurt at a pretty decent school and is in hopes of relocating to US for work. She is 26 and besides her undergrad in architecture, has a couple years of professional experience as well.

What are the best avenues to get a job in her field here given she would need a visa sponsorship (H1B i think)? Any advice/recommendation is welcome. I am drawing a blank with this one as my field of experience is very far from hers (AdTech) and never had to bother with any visa requirements.

Thanks!

I would have her reach out to studio Daniel Libeskind. If she is German she knows who he is. I used to work for his firm. He is located at 2 rector st in NYC. If she is German and knows what she is doinf then he will be interested.

He is a CAD shop does not use Revit or do BIM. Check him out. Nice place to start and get somewhere like SOM in year or two.

http://libeskind.com/work/
      12-04-2015, 10:07 AM   #5
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
pm me

im in the MEP engineering field but i work with alot of architects.
Appreciate 0