ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
Keith_H1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 328i

P0031 fault code

Check engine light came on this afternoon and I used the android app "torque" from my recently deactivated HTC EVO to read it. I got codes P0031, P0051, P0037 and P0057. Assuming the translation was correct, I looked up the codes online with this piece of crap iPhone that my company decided to switch to recently and it seemed to fit with the "cliff notes" Torque app reading (power train H02S heater control circuit low bank 1 sensor 1). The other codes translated identically. This is the link I found that deciphered it for me....//www.obd-codes.com/p0031. I apologize if this is covered somewhere else in the forums but my navigation prowess with this app on the iPhone is still in its infancy and I didn't see a "search forum" option like on my pc at work. No regular Internet at home. I used to tether through my EVO but haven't figured out how to crack this piece of sh!t evil iphone yet. Is this an easy fix or am I about to have an unpleasant experience at the dealer?? I hate being violated without so much as a kiss on the back of my neck or a reach around if I can avoid it.
Appreciate 0