ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-11-2018, 10:26 AM   #1
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Roadster

Passenger Door Actuator Gone Buh-Bye

Well, I think my passenger side door actuator bought the farm. Makes a stuttering sound but does not fully come up. Door doesn't unlock. Drivers door seems to be fine so I think I can assume it's actually the actuator and not the GM5 module (after much reading). And this is apparently not a part that can be pulled out and fixed. It needs to be replaced and sounds like it's a pain in the arse to do. Awesome

Anyways, need to get this done. Totally brutal to be talking to someone about your awesome BMW Motorsports Z4M roadster and you can't even open the door. Doh !!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 07:07 PM   #2
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, E90 328i, E84 X1

Had the passenger door actuator go in my prior 330ci. No little shops could fix it, in the end bit the bullet and had BMW Toronto repair it before I sold the car. Real pain in the butt working on it.
08 M Coupe • Ceramic Black Fabspeed Headers • MCS 1WNR • Poly FCAB • Stoptech BBK • Vibra-Tech • Epic Tune • Apex EC7 • RPI Scoop • Eventuri • Stromung • Rogue X Pipe • Varis Diffuser • CF E92 GTS Wing • CF Roof
Appreciate 0