ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

Yesterday, 03:41 PM   #6491
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
For all the subscription on the stick, I pay $free.99.

Now, for cable, with all the freaking (some non-functional) TV boxes, sports, and no movies it runs ~$250/month.
JFC...$250 and that's USD too.

Why don't ppl just go free? Morals? Fear of viruses?
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:06 PM   #6492
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Hassle. My streaming services cost me what, 40ish a month, honestly not worth the grief of free.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 04:16 PM   #6493
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Hassle. My streaming services cost me what, 40ish a month, honestly not worth the grief of free.
I'm with you, dropped "cable" about 6 years ago. I have a few streaming services, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple & Paramount. Maybe $50 a month and no commercials, pause when I want I just can't ever see having cable again.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:53 PM   #6494
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Hassle of potentially getting some virus or other shady internet-related scams?
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #6495
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Just the fucking around. I am busy, wife, kids, work, wife, health, wife etc. I don't need the hassle for $40 bucks. Just make it happen.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:15 PM   #6496
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
For all the subscription on the stick, I pay $free.99.

Now, for cable, with all the freaking (some non-functional) TV boxes, sports, and no movies it runs ~$250/month.
Jeeeeezus!!! We have "free" cable with our HOA and I watch it maybe once or twice a year just so I feel like I'm getting my monies worth. No cable in NC.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:40 PM   #6497
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Just the fucking around. I am busy, wife, kids, work, wife, health, wife etc. I don't need the hassle for $40 bucks. Just make it happen.
Wife must be a hassle since you listed her thrice lol.

Ok, I'm confused, there are sites readily available w a brief googling containing lots of selections from the various providers all in one place.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:52 PM   #6498
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

YouTube TV, inclusive of HBO and SHO = $113/mo.
Netflix ($16) and Hulu ($18) commerical free when we have them, which is not all the time.

So, $113 to $147 per mo.

We also get Paramount+ and Peacock "free" as a result of other subscriptions and have Amazon Prime for shipping, so Prime Video also "free". By "free" I mean you are paying for it somehow whether using it or not.

We were at around $200/mo. with DirecTV before dumping it many years ago now. Fucking DirecTV fees for HD when everything is HD and fees for each box in the house plus steep annual increases. Almost like they wanted to lose customers.

YouTube TV also lets us use the same subscription in NC when we are there, so no need for a separate account there.
      Yesterday, 09:36 PM   #6499
eliphil
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550I

Loved Shogun
Appreciate 0