ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-12-2023, 10:28 AM   #1
z4mcanada
New Member
4
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: M Roadster
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

M Roadster 2008 Imola Red (4300 miles) for Sale

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 76,000.00

Item Interest
Hello,

I am selling my M Roadster 2008 Imola Red, it has 4300 miles - 6900kms on odometer. I am original owner, the car was custom ordered, purchased and regularly serviced at the same BMW dealer in Toronto, Canada. No accidents or damages of any kind. It has all of the available options that were offered back then at the factory (except for extended leather)

This car is collector and car enthusiast' dream as no one on this planet has this car in the same condition as mine. This car is brand new.

I am asking $ 101000 Canadian or $76000 USD.

Please contact me directly if interested.

Attached Images
               
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 02:23 PM   #2
bimmerpost-er
New Member
11
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW Z4MC
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Great Lakes

iTrader: (0)

$76k USD? You're single-handedly making EAG prices look reasonable
Appreciate 5
      08-12-2023, 06:31 PM   #3
cbpip
Private First Class
cbpip's Avatar
148
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: BMW Z4C 3.0si 3 pedal
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW E86C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerpost-er View Post
$76k USD? You're single-handedly making EAG prices look reasonable
Absolutely 💯 !
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2023, 11:35 AM   #4
E93Seattle (Racerbruce)
Lieutenant
E93Seattle (Racerbruce)'s Avatar
797
Rep
582
Posts

Drives: 2013 335is E93 & 2021 X3
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Seattle (Gig Harbor)

iTrader: (0)

....

sold my PRISTINE 07 z4mr @ 69k miles on bringatrailer oct 2022 and it only brought $24.5....hoping you achieve usd $76k but having trouble seeing this happen.

this platform continues to depreciate regardless of mileage and condition; it has not achieved uber-collector status and is not even at the break point of original msrp:

Name:  Red Roadster Apr 2018 Pic 7.jpg
Views: 947
Size:  727.6 KB
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 09:20 PM   #5
HBC
Private
HBC's Avatar
Canada
124
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: 2006 Z4M
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Everyone has a dream. I too have a dream, but that dream would probably result a restraining order to keep 500 yrds away.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 03:43 PM   #6
E93Seattle (Racerbruce)
Lieutenant
E93Seattle (Racerbruce)'s Avatar
797
Rep
582
Posts

Drives: 2013 335is E93 & 2021 X3
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Seattle (Gig Harbor)

iTrader: (0)

bringatrailer is a very reputable site for buying/selling cars and the highest price paid for a Z4MR is $45K:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...m-roadster-16/

10K mile example for $37K:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...m-roadster-80/

18k mile example for $29.8k: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...m-roadster-86/

Last edited by E93Seattle (Racerbruce); 08-16-2023 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: content
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2023, 07:22 AM   #7
Rafichicago
Lieutenant
Rafichicago's Avatar
United_States
699
Rep
595
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Chicago IL

iTrader: (0)

Gents. There’s no reason to piss on OPs parade even though his claim of there is not one car like that in the world now is a bit… brave it’s a bit like with statement that poor guys are idiots rich ones are eccentric 🤣 anyway he can ask whatever he wants and market will speak. Definitely EAG type of vehicle in excellent like new condition. It would probably bring close to asking money if it was a coupe. In roadster form I highly doubt that. Beautiful car nonetheless 👌👌👌
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2023, 08:55 PM   #8
E93Seattle (Racerbruce)
Lieutenant
E93Seattle (Racerbruce)'s Avatar
797
Rep
582
Posts

Drives: 2013 335is E93 & 2021 X3
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Seattle (Gig Harbor)

iTrader: (0)

....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafichicago View Post
Gents. There’s no reason to piss on OPs parade even though his claim of there is not one car like that in the world now is a bit… brave it’s a bit like with statement that poor guys are idiots rich ones are eccentric 🤣 anyway he can ask whatever he wants and market will speak. Definitely EAG type of vehicle in excellent like new condition. It would probably bring close to asking money if it was a coupe. In roadster form I highly doubt that. Beautiful car nonetheless 👌👌👌
this is a very educated community.

offering insight and perspective does not qualify as urinating on someone's parade.

btw, your comment that "it would probably bring close to asking money if it was a coupe" is also out of the bounds of this educated community.
Appreciate 2
      08-27-2023, 09:08 PM   #9
Rafichicago
Lieutenant
Rafichicago's Avatar
United_States
699
Rep
595
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Chicago IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93Seattle (Racerbruce) View Post
this is a very educated community.

offering insight and perspective does not qualify as urinating on someone's parade.

btw, your comment that "it would probably bring close to asking money if it was a coupe" is also out of the bounds of this educated community.
I think you need to educate yourself little more.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...z4-m-coupe-98/
Have fun doing that.
Exactly why I commented “would probably”
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2023, 09:51 PM   #10
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
3002 tii's Avatar
2276
Rep
12,565
Posts

Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (99)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafichicago View Post
I think you need to educate yourself little more.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...z4-m-coupe-98/
Have fun doing that.
Exactly why I commented “would probably”
Bruce specifically said Z4MR since OP is listing a roadster; coupes have always been priced differently. If that low mileage coupe in that rare color fetched $60 something, the best example roadster will surely go for less, not more.
__________________
Follow for latest mods

Last edited by 3002 tii; 08-27-2023 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 2
      08-28-2023, 08:30 AM   #11
Rafichicago
Lieutenant
Rafichicago's Avatar
United_States
699
Rep
595
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Chicago IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
Bruce specifically said Z4MR since OP is listing a roadster; coupes have always been priced differently. If that low mileage coupe in that rare color fetched $60 something, the best example roadster will surely go for less, not more.
Wrote that in my first response… that if it was a coupe it would PROBABLY get closer to what he is asking for cari am tired of explaining that to those all well educated. I guess I made mistake to even replying here.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 07:03 PM   #12
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
3002 tii's Avatar
2276
Rep
12,565
Posts

Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (99)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafichicago View Post
Wrote that in my first response… that if it was a coupe it would PROBABLY get closer to what he is asking for cari am tired of explaining that to those all well educated. I guess I made mistake to even replying here.
You’re only tired because you’re caught in your own non-linear argument.

You say nobody should piss on OP’s parade. I generally agree with that statement but in this case members are providing a reality check. Just like you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafichicago View Post
…anyway he can ask whatever he wants and market will speak
Well I’d say the market here has spoken.

You then continue to say you highly doubt it’ll fetch coupe pricing, which I actually agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafichicago View Post
… It would probably bring close to asking money if it was a coupe. In roadster form I highly doubt that.
E93Seattle (Racerbruce) effectively says (and I’m paraphrasing) “coupe or not, you’re not getting near that kind of money.” So in response, you pick a coupe listing in the most rare color to prove what exactly? Even in the most rare example you provided, it fetched less at $66,500. So what’s your definition of close, $64,000? lol

What the heck, let’s play the Price is Right.
  • OP’s roadster has 12,000 less miles so that helps it’s case
  • But it’s a roadster, not a coupe…
  • Nor is it a rare color combo…
  • And it comes equipped with a navi

So what does that all add up to? Luckily we don’t have to hypothesize because Bruce provided real comps, none of which are close to $76,000. The highest paid roadster was 40% less.

If you’re tired of explaining, imagine how we feel having to unpack your own circular logic.
__________________
Follow for latest mods

Last edited by 3002 tii; 08-28-2023 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: Misquoted price
Appreciate 2
      08-28-2023, 07:23 PM   #13
Rafichicago
Lieutenant
Rafichicago's Avatar
United_States
699
Rep
595
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Chicago IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
E93Seattle (Racerbruce) effectively says (and I’m paraphrasing) “coupe or not, you’re not getting near that kind of money.” So in response, you pick a coupe listing in the most rare color to prove what exactly? Even in the most rare example you provided, it fetched less at $66,500. So what’s your definition of close, $64,000? lol

What the heck, let’s play the Price is Right.


OP’s roadster has 12,000 less miles so that helps it’s case
But it’s a roadster, not a coupe…
Nor is it a rare color combo…
And it comes equipped with a navi


So what does that all add up to? Luckily we don’t have to hypothesize because Bruce provided real comps, none of which are close to $76,000. The highest paid roadster was 40% less.

If you’re tired of explaining, imagine how we feel having to unpack your own circular logic.
Yes. For me 74K is close to 65K. Maybe even higher since shown example had 16k miles opposed to what this car has. So I don’t know what your logic is but 65 is closer to 74 than 10K to 20k And why ? more often than not buyer with 10K doesn’t have 20 but buyer with 66 also have 75 if you know what I mean. And my logic here is completely fine if you took your time to read my first post. Read than comprehend than re read and re read again if you still don’t get it. Maybe my logic is too complicated here. Sellers have every right to list their cars for whatever they feel like. Have you seen $3M homes listed for 4M ? Just because some buyer might actually bite the bullet ? Have fun here. I am off now.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 07:33 PM   #14
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
3002 tii's Avatar
2276
Rep
12,565
Posts

Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (99)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafichicago View Post
Yes. For me 74K is close to 65K. Maybe even higher since shown example had 16k miles opposed to what this car has. So I don’t know what your logic is but 65 is closer to 74 than 10K to 20k And why ? more often than not buyer with 10K doesn’t have 20 but buyer with 66 also have 75 if you know what I mean. And my logic here is completely fine if you took your time to read my first post. Read than comprehend than re read and re read again if you still don’t get it. Maybe my logic is too complicated here. Sellers have every right to list their cars for whatever they feel like. Have you seen $3M homes listed for 4M ? Just because some buyer might actually bite the bullet ? Have fun here. I am off now.
Now you’re talking about $3-4mm homes? More verbal diarrhea I see…

65 is close to 74? Maybe
But by your own logic he won’t even get 65
So what will he get? Bruce showed comp, most was 45
45 is not close to 75

Goodbye!!!!
__________________
Follow for latest mods
Appreciate 2
      09-07-2023, 03:48 PM   #15
spiceyxi
Second Lieutenant
90
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: '08 528i, '06 Z4C & '13 135i
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

This will make for an interesting benchmark.

This 2008 BMW Z4 M Roadster was purchased new by the seller at Firmage BMW of Murray in Utah and now has 12k miles.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...m-roadster-19/
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2023, 06:12 PM   #16
E93Seattle (Racerbruce)
Lieutenant
E93Seattle (Racerbruce)'s Avatar
797
Rep
582
Posts

Drives: 2013 335is E93 & 2021 X3
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Seattle (Gig Harbor)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceyxi View Post
This will make for an interesting benchmark.

This 2008 BMW Z4 M Roadster was purchased new by the seller at Firmage BMW of Murray in Utah and now has 12k miles.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...m-roadster-19/
this variant sold on bringatrailer today (thu 14 sep 2023):

2008
z4mr
imola red
sepang bronze interior
12k miles
$39K

the op's asking price of $76k is unobtanium....
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...m-roadster-19/

Last edited by E93Seattle (Racerbruce); 09-15-2023 at 07:49 AM..
Appreciate 4
      09-19-2023, 04:15 AM   #17
Blakkflame
Captain
Blakkflame's Avatar
Italy
43
Rep
607
Posts

Drives: Z4M - E91 MSport
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Gorgonzola (MI) - Italy

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93Seattle (Racerbruce) View Post
sepang bronze interior
... with extended leather !
__________________
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2023, 10:07 PM   #18
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
WeekendWarriorz's Avatar
670
Rep
754
Posts

Drives: 2006 Z4M
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA

iTrader: (4)

OP's wife probably told him he needs to tell the car and she asks him every week if someone wants the car, he shows her this ad and says "look sweetie I have it listed for sale but no one wants it!" so he gets to keep and drive it LOL
__________________
2006 Z4 M Roadster Black/Imola Red, FBO VF-Engineering, e85 Flex Fuel-Sold
2012 BMW 135i N55 DCT Alpine White/Coral Red, FBO, TBI, Full e85, JB4 BEF-Sold
2006 Z4 M Roadster Black/Black-Sold
2021 M2 Competition DCT Hockenheim Silver
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2023, 10:45 PM   #19
supac
Registered
2
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2006 Z4MR, BSM/SBL
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
OP's wife probably told him he needs to sell the car and she asks him every week if someone wants the car, he shows her this ad and says "look sweetie I have it listed for sale but no one wants it!" so he gets to keep and stare at it LOL
Fixed.
Appreciate 1
XMetal1123.50
      02-17-2024, 08:02 PM   #20
tominizer
Lieutenant
tominizer's Avatar
Canada
98
Rep
500
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4M Roadster
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Everyone here is have a fit over this post. You sheep have it all wrong. You already have Z4M's and we should be supporting this guy and trying to help him get that massively insane money for it. IT DOES NOTHING BUT HELP THE REST OF US OUT AT SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE WHEN WE GO TO DUMP OURS. Gotta think forwards there lads.
Appreciate 1
AK72286.00
      02-19-2024, 08:31 AM   #21
dis_dis
Private
32
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: Honda S2000, e92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Chicago IL

iTrader: (3)

I lold
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST