ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-27-2018, 10:53 AM   #1
winnipegz4m
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Looking for Z4MC Eibach Prokits (2095.140 )

Hey everyone - posting this on the off chance that anyone knows of supplier that actually has Z4MC prokits on the shelf ready to be shipped, as opposed to back ordered by several weeks - any one got a supplier they could point me to? I'm trying to get work completed on a certain schedule and am having trouble tracking down these springs...
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 07:51 AM   #2
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Is this it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipegz4m View Post
Hey everyone - posting this on the off chance that anyone knows of supplier that actually has Z4MC prokits on the shelf ready to be shipped, as opposed to back ordered by several weeks - any one got a supplier they could point me to? I'm trying to get work completed on a certain schedule and am having trouble tracking down these springs...
https://www.bavauto.com/bmw-performa...iABEgKb8fD_BwE
      08-28-2018, 07:55 AM   #3
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Tire Rack may have the 2095.140 product....
https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...7&autoModClar=
      08-29-2018, 11:25 AM   #4
winnipegz4m
Private
Rep

Thank you racerbruce !
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 08:05 PM   #5
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

I have these....

Quote:
Thank you racerbruce !
As part of a suspension upgrade last yr....Bilstein shocks and these specific Eibach Pro-Kit springs....it's freaking awesome.
https://www.dropbox.com/home/BMW%20Z4M%20Red%20Roadster
      08-30-2018, 08:44 AM   #6
kaybat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4MR, '14 Cayman S

Garage List
'06 Z4M  [0.00]
bought mine from tire rack last year, but it took months
      09-06-2018, 04:44 AM   #7
winnipegz4m
Private
Rep

@racerbruce - similar setup on mine! Looking forward to experiencing it on the street. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I'm getting this Z4MC with the Bilstein / Prokit setup installed, and won't have the chance to compare it to stock (I'm buying a Z4MC from out of town, and its H&R rear springs were cracked).

@kaybat - I spoke to TR and got a similar kind of story.

The shop I'm working with found a supplier and I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll have them in hand this week - I believe they're coming through http://northernperformance.ca/

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 10:21 AM   #8
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Awesome!

Quote:
@racerbruce - similar setup on mine! Looking forward to experiencing it on the street. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I'm getting this Z4MC with the Bilstein / Prokit setup installed, and won't have the chance to compare it to stock (I'm buying a Z4MC from out of town, and its H&R rear springs were cracked).

@kaybat - I spoke to TR and got a similar kind of story.

The shop I'm working with found a supplier and I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll have them in hand this week - I believe they're coming through http://northernperformance.ca/

Cheers!
Congrats on the purchase! There is a frightful account posted some time ago about H&R failure.
      09-08-2018, 10:18 PM   #9
winnipegz4m
Private
Rep

Thanks racerbruce! Car goes into the shop Sept 24 for the new springs, new rotors all around, new fluids all around, and a few other odds and sods.

Interesting re: H&R failures - is this a common thing? I've asked the shop to hold onto the cracked springs so I can take some pictures and / or send the cracked springs back to H&R to feed into their QA processes. There's 50,000 KMs on this car, and the H&Rs can't have more than 20 - 30K on them - so crazy that they're destroyed already.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 08:49 AM   #10
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

H&R failures

Quote:
Thanks racerbruce! Car goes into the shop Sept 24 for the new springs, new rotors all around, new fluids all around, and a few other odds and sods.

Interesting re: H&R failures - is this a common thing? I've asked the shop to hold onto the cracked springs so I can take some pictures and / or send the cracked springs back to H&R to feed into their QA processes. There's 50,000 KMs on this car, and the H&Rs can't have more than 20 - 30K on them - so crazy that they're destroyed already.
Greetings winnipegz4m,
Suggest PM'ing yousefnjr as he may be able to update you as to his H&R failures; the pics of the failure aren't showing on his post from a few yrs ago.
      10-13-2018, 11:57 AM   #11
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Is it finished??

Quote:

Greetings -
Did your upgrades get completed?? Pics??
      10-15-2018, 10:05 PM   #12
winnipegz4m
Private
Rep

Hey! Yes! It was a race against the weather to get ahold of the Eibachs and get the work completed before the snow came in for good, but I made it. Drove from Sudbury to Winnipeg, with probably 6 of the 20 hour drive through blowing snow and rain. I was happy to be on Pilot Sport AS3+'s, which can handle wet and some amount of snow. Eibach's got done, as did rotors, crank seal, every belt, and every fluid. I'll post some pics tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 09:41 AM   #13
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Now that's a long drive!

Quote:
Hey! Yes! It was a race against the weather to get ahold of the Eibachs and get the work completed before the snow came in for good, but I made it. Drove from Sudbury to Winnipeg, with probably 6 of the 20 hour drive through blowing snow and rain. I was happy to be on Pilot Sport AS3+'s, which can handle wet and some amount of snow. Eibach's got done, as did rotors, crank seal, every belt, and every fluid. I'll post some pics tomorrow!
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sudb...d49.895136!3e0

Just googled the drive....wowie! A very long drive in inclement weather. Your thought on the new suspension, lowered visual appearance and the effect on handling.

Last edited by racerbruce; 10-16-2018 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 04:49 PM   #14
winnipegz4m
Private
Rep

Hey racerbruce - sorry for the slow reply. I never had the opportunity to drive it on the H&Rs, or stock springs / dampers, so my thoughts are just on the Bilstein / Eibach setup.

Inclement weather was fine - I had Pilot Sport A/S 3+'s mounted before starting the drive, as I anticipated snow and freezing rain - and they were great. Car handled slush and snow without any issues - I never felt anything less than confident on the highway.

Suspension - is great, on good surfaces. I find sharp impacts - expansion joints / manhole covers / whatever bottom it out hard. I'm going to take a look at the dampers and bumpstops in the spring - I recall from my nissan days that Koni made some great progressive poly bumpstops that were basically required on any lowering... not sure what the story is in BMW land; my prior E46 was factory height.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 09:15 AM   #15
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Bumpstops

Quote:
Hey racerbruce - sorry for the slow reply. I never had the opportunity to drive it on the H&Rs, or stock springs / dampers, so my thoughts are just on the Bilstein / Eibach setup.

Inclement weather was fine - I had Pilot Sport A/S 3+'s mounted before starting the drive, as I anticipated snow and freezing rain - and they were great. Car handled slush and snow without any issues - I never felt anything less than confident on the highway.

Suspension - is great, on good surfaces. I find sharp impacts - expansion joints / manhole covers / whatever bottom it out hard. I'm going to take a look at the dampers and bumpstops in the spring - I recall from my nissan days that Koni made some great progressive poly bumpstops that were basically required on any lowering... not sure what the story is in BMW land; my prior E46 was factory height.
Keep us posted on the Koni product you referenced; I replaced the bumpstops w/BMW OEM; agreed - some Seattle area streets rock my beloved Red Roadster with the Bilstein shocks and Eibach Pro-Kit springs
      11-16-2018, 10:22 AM   #16
winnipegz4m
Private
Rep

racerbruce - I haven't figured out BMW fitment yet, but this was the product that was very popular for lowered B13 Nissans. Lowering those cars (Sentras, Sentra SE-Rs, NXs) came at the expense of travel, so these bumpstops were used to mitigate bottoming. They are available in different compression profiles and trimmable - an interesting product for the nissan world anyway, not sure how they compare to OEM BMW.

Koni Bump Rubbers (sounds dirty!)
Product on T-Dot
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 10:56 AM   #17
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Thanks winnipegz4m

Quote:
racerbruce - I haven't figured out BMW fitment yet, but this was the product that was very popular for lowered B13 Nissans. Lowering those cars (Sentras, Sentra SE-Rs, NXs) came at the expense of travel, so these bumpstops were used to mitigate bottoming. They are available in different compression profiles and trimmable - an interesting product for the nissan world anyway, not sure how they compare to OEM BMW.

Koni Bump Rubbers (sounds dirty!)
Product on T-Dot
Thanks!