ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-10-2024, 08:21 AM   #705
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
“Travis Kielce, you just won the Super Bowl. What are you going to do now?”

“I’m going to Disneyland and marry Taylor!”
That would be hilarious if he proposed to her and she says "Piss off, I can do better than you!"
Appreciate 3
UncleWede17979.50
vreihen1615245.50
      02-11-2024, 07:27 PM   #706
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

0-0 first quarter wins me 2800 and puts me up 1900 for the season

FUKCIN McCaffrey!!!!
      02-11-2024, 08:06 PM   #707
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

What is Kyle doing?! This is what I'm talking about with the questionable playcalling. Run. The. Fuckin. Ball. Light box, heavy box, doesn't matter. They cannot stop the run. I promise you. You're dominating the line of scrimmage. This is a no brainer!!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 08:27 PM   #708
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How does one screw that up???? I'm not even a 9ers fan but BRUTAL.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 09:53 PM   #709
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Been telling everyone this: 49ers always disappoint…was rooting for them to win just because I didn’t want to see Chiefs win again, but they let us down once again.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 10:16 PM   #710
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

The most entertaining thing about this entire Superbowl was USHER.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 10:46 PM   #711
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

^ you’re smoking crack. The game itself was really good.
Appreciate 3
DubaiRich123.00
sygazelle11348.50
      02-12-2024, 04:51 AM   #712
DriftinG Z32
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 and Madza RX7

49ers had plenty of chances to put the Chiefs away but couldn't do it. All around the 49er's offense, defense, and coaching (Kyle "I can't win the big one" Shanahan) didn't do enough when it mattered. The 3 consecutive three-and-outs and abandonment of the run by Kyle in the 3rd quarter was a huge mistake that he seems to routinely make in big games. McCaffrey was the best player on the field for the 49ers and should have been repeatedly fed until he passed the fc*k out! All in all, Mahomes was the difference in the game and Reid/Spagnuolo outcoached Shanahan/Wilks. Spagnuolo's blitz calls were timed to perfection.

Last edited by DriftinG Z32; 02-12-2024 at 05:41 AM..
Appreciate 2
lakefront560.50
JMcLellan2048.00
      02-12-2024, 08:41 AM   #713
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Well that was disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 11:07 AM   #714
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Agree on the takes above that the 49'ers should have kept feeding CMC the ball. One item I have not seen discussed is Purdy: he played pretty clean but didn't do anything that remarkable. Perhaps if he would have connected on one of those deep throws the game could have been different. Is Purdy a barrier to them winning? I really don't know what to think of him.

I have seen some news snippets this morning that some of the 49'ers players didn't know about the new OT rules, and that the team might not have had a strategy in place in the event OT happened. I don't know.....I felt like that last play to win the game was awkward. Did the 49'ers think the Chiefs were going to take a timeout and kick a field goal since the clock was winding down? Did they think the clock would run out and the game would be over? It was either the perfectly timed offensive play call or maybe the defense just wasn't prepared for that moment at all.
      02-12-2024, 11:33 AM   #715
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
Agree on the takes above that the 49'ers should have kept feeding CMC the ball. One item I have not seen discussed is Purdy: he played pretty clean but didn't do anything that remarkable. Perhaps if he would have connected on one of those deep throws the game could have been different. Is Purdy a barrier to them winning? I really don't know what to think of him.

I have seen some news snippets this morning that some of the 49'ers players didn't know about the new OT rules, and that the team might not have had a strategy in place in the event OT happened. I don't know.....I felt like that last play to win the game was awkward. Did the 49'ers think the Chiefs were going to take a timeout and kick a field goal since the clock was winding down? Did they think the clock would run out and the game would be over? It was either the perfectly timed offensive play call or maybe the defense just wasn't prepared for that moment at all.
It's bad coaching. I've seen this game since Kyle got to Santa Clara in 2017. It's the same thing over and over. The national media has this guy as a savior and an offensive genius. He isn't and he's not. He's a fraud and he's trading on his dad's good name. He's running a modified version of Mike's offense.

You don't need the All-22 to see the issue. You can see it from the couch. Even Romo is saying, "You need to run the ball." and after a 4 yard gain, "Yeah, I'd run it again!" It remains interesting who is given the benefit of the doubt and who is not. If you're so fuckin smart you would've put together a gameplan to blow the Chiefs out like the Buccaneers did in the 2020 SB.

Those two throws Purdy missed deep weren't on him. BA didn't flatten out at the top of the route and the throw to Deebo out the back of the end zone missed because of Chris Jones. He wrecked the interior of the OL in pass pro and there was no answer. He's a 3-tech that they didn't move around often, if at all, so you double him. The remaining OL go 1:1 and you chip or crack down if they need help. On obvious passing downs, spread them out and attack the nickel or LBs in coverage. It doesn't matter if they blitz. Kyle got outcoached for the 4th time by Steve Spagnulo. He owns him.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2048.00
      02-12-2024, 11:40 AM   #716
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

The game was good, and I'm happy with the results. I won big time on my bets on the game. I even won bets on usher taking his shirt off and doing that bug-that-just-got-sprayed-with-Raid dance. Go Chiefs.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2048.00
      02-12-2024, 12:52 PM   #717
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Shanny definitely didnt call a great game in the 2nd half, and it looked like his 2 other superbowl losses. Doesnt manage the lead well, goes away from whats working, etc.

the OT thing, receiving vs kicking, i can kind of see why youd receive in that situation, but the explanation he gave wouldnt be the reason for it. His defense had just given up a long drive to Mahomes to tie the game up. That defense was reeling and needed something to take momentum away from the Chiefs. But ultimately, you need to realize that its Mahomes and chances are, hes going to drive the field and score regardless if the defense is rested or not. kicking the ball and putting all the pressure on Mahomes to set the tone, sets up your drive and how you attack it.

the fact that it seems most the 49ers didnt understand the OT rules though is an indictment on Shanahan. That is something you address leading up to the game, and for them to say it wasnt even talked about, is a very bad look.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2048.00
      02-12-2024, 01:29 PM   #718
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Going into halftime I predicted what would happen next, it wasn't difficult - Andy Reid and his staff would make proper adjustments, Shanarat Jr and staff would not, and the Chefs would own the 2nd half and win the game. Sure enough, that's what happened. Kudos to the Niners players for making it close despite the crappy play calling and lack of adjustments to keep the Chefs in check, but man, that was a coaching clinic out there. Niners will probably never win anything with Shanarat Jr.
      02-12-2024, 01:37 PM   #719
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftinG Z32 View Post
49ers had plenty of chances to put the Chiefs away but couldn't do it. All around the 49er's offense, defense, and coaching (Kyle "I can't win the big one" Shanahan) didn't do enough when it mattered. The 3 consecutive three-and-outs and abandonment of the run by Kyle in the 3rd quarter was a huge mistake that he seems to routinely make in big games. McCaffrey was the best player on the field for the 49ers and should have been repeatedly fed until he passed the fc*k out! All in all, Mahomes was the difference in the game and Reid/Spagnuolo outcoached Shanahan/Wilks. Spagnuolo's blitz calls were timed to perfection.
Reminds me of the Seahawks and patriots SuperBowl.

Seahawks in the end zone 2nd and goal and instead of using their greatest RB (Marshawn Lynch) to run it into the end zone, they throw it and it gets picked in the dying seconds, it was for the win too.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 01:46 PM   #720
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

I'm born and raised in the Bay Area and I'm a 49er fan since they played at Keezar Stadium. The bottom line to me is that it was a great game; Close, competitive, and exciting right down to the final seconds. 49ers lost to a team that was better coached, better prepared, and had a force of nature Mahomes leading a team that simply did not want to lose. The 49ers played a great game. The Chiefs played a better one.

Purdy will get better with more experience. The team will most likely learn the Overtime Rules at some point, and Shanahan will either be gone or or learn from his failed Super Bowl coaching strategy.

Right now, my hat's off to the Chiefs. They absolutely earned this victory.

Last edited by sygazelle; 02-12-2024 at 04:48 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2024, 06:20 PM   #721
DriftinG Z32
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 and Madza RX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lens View Post
Reminds me of the Seahawks and patriots SuperBowl.

Seahawks in the end zone 2nd and goal and instead of using their greatest RB (Marshawn Lynch) to run it into the end zone, they throw it and it gets picked in the dying seconds, it was for the win too.
As a Niners fan I have no love lost for the Seahawks, but that play call by Carroll/Wilson was an absolute travesty and an act of absolute arrogance. You run the damn ball in that situation 10 out of 10 times – and 10 more times after that. Who GAF if Lynch is the hero and/ or SB MVP; because in the end, you're back-to-back x2 SB Champs that took out two legends in Manning and Brady.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 06:01 AM   #722
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
It's bad coaching. I've seen this game since Kyle got to Santa Clara in 2017. It's the same thing over and over. The national media has this guy as a savior and an offensive genius. He isn't and he's not. He's a fraud and he's trading on his dad's good name. He's running a modified version of Mike's offense.

You don't need the All-22 to see the issue. You can see it from the couch. Even Romo is saying, "You need to run the ball." and after a 4 yard gain, "Yeah, I'd run it again!" It remains interesting who is given the benefit of the doubt and who is not. If you're so fuckin smart you would've put together a gameplan to blow the Chiefs out like the Buccaneers did in the 2020 SB.

Those two throws Purdy missed deep weren't on him. BA didn't flatten out at the top of the route and the throw to Deebo out the back of the end zone missed because of Chris Jones. He wrecked the interior of the OL in pass pro and there was no answer. He's a 3-tech that they didn't move around often, if at all, so you double him. The remaining OL go 1:1 and you chip or crack down if they need help. On obvious passing downs, spread them out and attack the nickel or LBs in coverage. It doesn't matter if they blitz. Kyle got outcoached for the 4th time by Steve Spagnulo. He owns him.
Do you have a background in football and/or coaching? Not a dig, genuine question. I'm a casual fan and it's always interesting to listen to people that can see things that a person like me can't. I like watching games that Romo calls for that very reason.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615245.50
      02-13-2024, 07:08 AM   #723
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Do you have a background in football and/or coaching? Not a dig, genuine question. I'm a casual fan and it's always interesting to listen to people that can see things that a person like me can't. I like watching games that Romo calls for that very reason.
I played football as a youth and have always nerded out over football strategy, technique, and scheme/concepts. The true football nerd in me was compelled to once write a paper on the zone blitz. I'm not an expert, never coached, or played in college but I believe I have above average knowledge of what I'm looking at when I watch a football game. I also have a friend who started at QB for a Power 5 school, started in the NFL, and now is a coach in the NFL, so that helps.

Romo knows football, no question about it. Once he got in the booth I had a newfound respect for him. Some people hate him, but I think he provides a tremendous amount of value to the broadcast. There are several others on TV or YT who have a deep knowledge for the game and they're not just talking heads.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615245.50
      02-13-2024, 08:36 AM   #724
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
I played football as a youth and have always nerded out over football strategy, technique, and scheme/concepts. The true football nerd in me was compelled to once write a paper on the zone blitz. I'm not an expert, never coached, or played in college but I believe I have above average knowledge of what I'm looking at when I watch a football game. I also have a friend who started at QB for a Power 5 school, started in the NFL, and now is a coach in the NFL, so that helps.

Romo knows football, no question about it. Once he got in the booth I had a newfound respect for him. Some people hate him, but I think he provides a tremendous amount of value to the broadcast. There are several others on TV or YT who have a deep knowledge for the game and they're not just talking heads.
I do wish he went back to his 1st season ways of really dissecting plays presnap. Loved listening to him talk about what he saw the defense was doing and how he would adjust and where the ball would go.

seems they told him to dumb it down some and he doesnt do it as much.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 2
Clark_Kent2227.50
vreihen1615245.50
      02-13-2024, 08:58 AM   #725
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Romo knows football, no question about it. Once he got in the booth I had a newfound respect for him. Some people hate him, but I think he provides a tremendous amount of value to the broadcast.
Agree, I don't understand why people don't like him. He's one of the best out there currently. Looking forward to how Brady is in the booth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
I do wish he went back to his 1st season ways of really dissecting plays presnap.
+1, I get a huge kick out of when he points out how everyone is lined up, says what's about to happen, and then it happens.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615245.50
      02-13-2024, 02:46 PM   #726
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
^ you’re smoking crack. The game itself was really good.

This Super Bowl will go down as one of the best ever. I'd rather see a close match-up than a blow-out. It was win, lose, or tie up to the last second, both in regulation and in overtime. It was edge-of-my-seat entertaining. Usher was good too!
Appreciate 1
BMW F223565.50