ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-04-2010, 08:44 AM   #1
nemex12
Captain
Rep
Drives: e60,z4

gruppem, eisenmann, supersprint

hi guys i want to get some more power for my z4 2.5si and i personally dont care for sound, which would be the best performance mod?
1) some people claim that gruppem intakes actually increase hp but some say it that they make you lose hp instead (because of heat soak wathever it is).
2) supersprint complete catback systems sounds like a safe bet when it comes to gain hp but then again i would need some input on this.
3) maybe an eisenmann muffler with a supersprint manifold,front exhaust and y connecting pipe? would this give more hp than the actual supersprint system or at least could it give the same numbers?
guys as i said, i dont care for sound. i want to get as much hp as possible. burger peggyback for my z4 is in order so whats the next best thing?
please vendors, if you chime in, give me an honest response as ill actually dyno my car before and after so dont want to feel deceived afterwards, it just wont be right and would be bad business.
thanks guys
      11-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #2
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
As has been said in other posts, sell and get a 3.0i, 3.0si, or M (although that might not be easy seeing how you live in South America). The only major power mod will be an ESS supercharger. The mods you listed will require a dyno to show you if you actually gained any power. If you can afford it and get away with it, go for the ESS supercharger.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
nemex12
Captain
Rep

there isnt any ess supercharger for a 2.5si,i dont think there is for any n52 powered z4. i know i can sell my car and buy an m but id rather invest some love into this one and in 2 or 3 years buy a 997 turbo or a gts. besides, this car has some sentimental value so thats not an option. i would like to get some 20hp more but dont know which of those few performance mods available for a 2.5si would really help
      11-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
Nhopkins1394
Accountant, 1st Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Roadster, Black

More horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemex12 View Post
hi guys i want to get some more power for my z4 2.5si and i personally dont care for sound, which would be the best performance mod?
1) some people claim that gruppem intakes actually increase hp but some say it that they make you lose hp instead (because of heat soak wathever it is).
2) supersprint complete catback systems sounds like a safe bet when it comes to gain hp but then again i would need some input on this.
3) maybe an eisenmann muffler with a supersprint manifold,front exhaust and y connecting pipe? would this give more hp than the actual supersprint system or at least could it give the same numbers?
guys as i said, i dont care for sound. i want to get as much hp as possible. burger peggyback for my z4 is in order so whats the next best thing?
please vendors, if you chime in, give me an honest response as ill actually dyno my car before and after so dont want to feel deceived afterwards, it just wont be right and would be bad business.
thanks guys

I love your tagline!
What's a "burger peggyback"?
Also, I wouldn't put that kind of money into a 2.5. I just wouldn't! Really not even in a 3.0si. If you want to mod...get an ///M Otherwise, kinda wasting money. And there's not much mod stuff out there for the 2.5 & 3.0 Z4. Just my 2cents.
Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #5
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
If you must, spend money on suspension / braking, really best bang for the buck on this car. As others mentioned you won't get much power without spending on a supercharger (if one even exists for your engine).
      11-04-2010, 05:22 PM   #6
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

+1. not worth the money
      11-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

actually, the best way to make your 2.5 faster might be with weight savings. Some under 20lb race seats and a lightweight battery, maybe even wheels would go a long way
      11-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #8
nemex12
Captain
Rep

LOL yes, it kind of slipped, i was refering to a burger motorsport piggyback. sorry ive always asociated burger motorsports piggybacks to peggy the pig lady from the muppets, i dont know why. i guess burgers and fat pig lady are kind of related
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhopkins1394 View Post
I love your tagline!
What's a "burger peggyback"?
Also, I wouldn't put that kind of money into a 2.5. I just wouldn't! Really not even in a 3.0si. If you want to mod...get an ///M Otherwise, kinda wasting money. And there's not much mod stuff out there for the 2.5 & 3.0 Z4. Just my 2cents.
Good luck!

Last edited by nemex12; 11-04-2010 at 10:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #9
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
actually, the best way to make your 2.5 faster might be with weight savings. Some under 20lb race seats and a lightweight battery, maybe even wheels would go a long way
+1

The first time I read your post I missed that it was an "si" and not an "i" and you are correct, there is no ESS kit for that engine.

If you are really serious, perhaps you could look at aftermarket heads. I don't know which tuners do the si engines (especially in South America), or how much potential it has. And because it's such a small market, you may find very little information and even be a guinea pig in some cases. It's worth looking into, because if your head is at its flow limit, increasing the airflow to/from it won't give you the power effects you desire.
Appreciate 0