ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-11-2015, 02:07 AM   #1
Z4M_LEV
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 750i, F30, Q50S, VW

Carbon fiber fenders and door panels

Hey guys, so I got into contact with a shop (slick carbon) they manufacturer car parts in carbon fiber, many different pieces. I told them about our cars and how it's very hard to find carbon fiber or really any parts in the aftermarket business, and asked if they'll be willing to start making or take our cars in consideration to mold parts. They told me they're willing to do fenders and door panels as a start, and if things take shape they'll be willing to move on and make more parts. They'll be in contact with me in January as they're booked on other projects, but they were very interested. Just want to know who would be interested in carbon fenders and door panels, just to be able to give them an idea. They didn't mention anything on prices, lead time, etc. But when I go meet with them I'll ask and I'll be supplying my Z4M as a parts development example. This isn't guaranteed YET, but hopefully they do consider going all the way with it. I'll keep you guys informed next month. -Cheers!
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2015, 03:31 AM   #2
Slickback_Ben
The Builder
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

I've been looking for a place that does wide body fender flares. IMO this guy's Z4MC's flares looks amazing.

12-11-2015, 03:08 PM   #3
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4M_LEV View Post
Hey guys, so I got into contact with a shop (slick carbon) they manufacturer car parts in carbon fiber, many different pieces. I told them about our cars and how it's very hard to find carbon fiber or really any parts in the aftermarket business, and asked if they'll be willing to start making or take our cars in consideration to mold parts. They told me they're willing to do fenders and door panels as a start, and if things take shape they'll be willing to move on and make more parts. They'll be in contact with me in January as they're booked on other projects, but they were very interested. Just want to know who would be interested in carbon fenders and door panels, just to be able to give them an idea. They didn't mention anything on prices, lead time, etc. But when I go meet with them I'll ask and I'll be supplying my Z4M as a parts development example. This isn't guaranteed YET, but hopefully they do consider going all the way with it. I'll keep you guys informed next month. -Cheers!
I would be surprised if this will actually happen - the aftermarket support for our cars is relatively small for a reason. I think the better question would be to ask them how many they would need for this to be viable, then post up to see how close you can get.

Hopefully the fenders & 1/4's would be wider than stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3nnyTM View Post
I've been looking for a place that does wide body fender flares. IMO this guy's Z4MC's flares looks amazing.

Look no further, but prepare your wallet (or bank account, for that matter):

$17,800 for the kit.
$24,800 for the kit w/ doors, hatch, & roof.

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000002

Edit:
While on the subject of fender flares (not trying to jack your thread Lev) check out the Liberty Walk fenders, NKB blister fenders, and some ebay over fenders. All varying prices (not sure if the NKB is still available or if they sold the manf. rights to Liberty Walk).

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2015, 05:18 AM   #4
Z4M_LEV
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 750i, F30, Q50S, VW

Hey guys! So after some research, I found a company that actually makes almost all parts of the Z4M body in carbon fiber. They have he Oem fitment and GTR option aswell. They also make carbon air boxes. I'm gonna contact them on pricing and availability to the US. I'll keep you guys informed. Here is the website to them (Carbon-goeke.de)
Appreciate 2
      01-04-2016, 03:04 AM   #5
AriuSen
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4M_LEV View Post
Hey guys! So after some research, I found a company that actually makes almost all parts of the Z4M body in carbon fiber. They have he Oem fitment and GTR option aswell. They also make carbon air boxes. I'm gonna contact them on pricing and availability to the US. I'll keep you guys informed. Here is the website to them (Carbon-goeke.de)
interesting! love the gt4 package lol
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 03:46 AM   #6
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Who's the Company Lev? Karbonius? I can vouch for their quality of craftsmanship, but don't expect cheap parts/panels mate.