ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-16-2022, 08:12 AM   #67
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leostra1417 View Post
I just bought a new X5 for my wife and the second day of driving it, I spilled a gallon of liquid fish fertilizer in the back seat and cant get the dead fish smell out of this beautiful car now.
Take it to a high-end detailer, stat.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 03:34 PM   #68
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leostra1417 View Post
I just bought a new X5 for my wife and the second day of driving it, I spilled a gallon of liquid fish fertilizer in the back seat and cant get the dead fish smell out of this beautiful car now.
Enzymatic cleaner needed. See pet stores.
      09-09-2022, 01:50 PM   #69
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
FML! Why is it that every time I go to take a leak in the yard someone comes along and makes me have to stop?!?!?

The toilet was running slow this morning, and I broke the plunger head off which of course FML! got stuck in the back of the drain and plugged it solid. Weekend project to tear the toilet out and remove the broken plunger head, since there's not a plumber available anywhere around here taking emergency calls.....
      09-09-2022, 04:55 PM   #70
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
FML! Why is it that every time I go to take a leak in the yard someone comes along and makes me have to stop?!?!?
WHY??? Stage fright?

I never stop, personally.
      09-09-2022, 06:41 PM   #71
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
WHY??? Stage fright?
We on the east coast are a bit more civilized than the west coast, even when our neighbor is hundreds of forested acres.....
      09-09-2022, 06:48 PM   #72
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

^just a bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614906.00
      09-09-2022, 09:39 PM   #73
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
I've definitely in a funk. Things that happened the past 3 months:

Family member found out they have cancer
Immediate family member broke an arm
Got Covid
Got an ear infection
Got into a car accident
40 year old HVAC in my house finally took a dump, and I replaced the whole system. During a heat wave.
Driveway automatic gate broke
Bought a GTI that turned out to be a lemon
Body panel on our SUV is backordered so we've been driving around without the panel for the past 2 months. It looks horrible

Overall I still think I'm pretty lucky. Life's still pretty good regardless of all these things.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 7
Esteban42239.50
________4157.00
M4Tejas728.00
vreihen1614906.00
Dino GT35121.00
Darth One6612.50
Buug95916844.00
      09-09-2022, 09:51 PM   #74
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post

Got Covid
Got an ear infection
Got into a car accident
40 year old HVAC in my house finally took a dump, and I replaced the whole system. During a heat wave.
Body panel on our SUV is backordered so we've been driving around without the panel for the past 2 months. It looks horrible

Overall I still think I'm pretty lucky. Life's still pretty good regardless of all these things.
Sometimes when it rains it pours. A positive attitude can go a long way and it looks like you have one. Keep it going. 👍
      09-10-2022, 07:48 AM   #75
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Got Covid
Got an ear infection
Got into a car accident

40 yr old! Lucky it lasted over 30!!
We all got covid
I'd say your lucky to have a driveway with an auto gate! Was that an expensive fix?
What yr and mileage GTI?

What model SUV?

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 07:50 AM   #76
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
I thought this was going to be a funny thread. But holy shit.

Name:  back-up.gif
Views: 645
Size:  1.23 MB

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 6
Buug95916844.00
UncleWede17881.50
cmyx6go15581.00
      09-10-2022, 07:31 PM   #77
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Quote:

Got Covid
Got an ear infection
Got into a car accident

We all got covid
I'd say your lucky to have a driveway with an auto gate! Was that an expensive fix?
What yr and mileage GTI?

What model SUV?
Yes! There is always that silver lining.

40 years was a very good run for HVAC! Our new system is bigger and more efficient.
I got Covid and survived, I know people who lost loved ones.
I survived unscathed from my accident.
Some people don't even have the luxury of automatic gates! It was $2k to fix.
It was a 11k mile 2019 GTI. It was going to be a 4th car. I was able to return it only costing me time and inconvenience. Again, 1st world problem.
Our SUV is a 2021 VW Atlas 4Motion. Silver lining: it's loaded, has no mechanical issues being so new, and only has a cosmetic issue.

Silver linings all over the place!

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 3
Esteban42239.50
Buug95916844.00
      09-11-2022, 08:37 PM   #78
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Quote:

Got Covid
Got an ear infection
Got into a car accident

We all got covid
What yr and mileage GTI?

What model SUV?
Yes! There is always that silver lining.

40 years was a very good run for HVAC! Our new system is bigger and more efficient.
I got Covid and survived, I know people who lost loved ones.
I survived unscathed from my accident.
Some people don't even have the luxury of automatic gates! It was $2k to fix.
It was a 11k mile 2019 GTI. It was going to be a 4th car. I was able to return it only costing me time and inconvenience. Again, 1st world problem.
Our SUV is a 2021 VW Atlas 4Motion. Silver lining: it's loaded, has no mechanical issues being so new, and only has a cosmetic issue.

Silver linings all over the place!
[QUOTE=jmg;29318504][QUOTE=floridaorange;29316644]

I realize you were just venting - $2k was more than I expected for the gate btw ha…

This parable I find very accurate and useful.

http://www.drmarlo.com/dr-marlo-spea...-not-well-see/

give that a read when you have a moment

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
jmg18493.00
      09-14-2022, 06:15 AM   #79
M4Tejas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 G82 M4xDrive

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
Take it to a high-end detailer, stat.
Ozone fogger.

My detailer for over 20 years, Brian is professional. Gas Monkey detailer too. Dallas, Texas

http://www.detailwerkz.com/interiorservices.html

2022 M4 Comp xDrive Aventurin Red Metallic

https://wieninger.de/ Seit 1666
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 06:59 PM   #80
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
I've been having a FML week. I have a ticking time bomb problem at work that needs to be remedied by lunchtime next Monday or thousands of things will break, and every time that I try to work on it for even a minute someone interrupts with self-inflicted emergencies. I've been Zoom-ambushed into an all-afternoon remote support call with a vendor for a trivial user error, pulled to do urgent user data archive dumps for auditors, and all kinds of other crap that should have been done in July.

I got a 4:00 AM head start this morning, and actually knocked out a whole lot on my time bomb before the start of business. As I was doing a cut/paste at 8:05 AM with instructions for a colleague to help with one step, the freaking power at home dropped! I sent the email before my UPS batteries went dead, but the power was off until 10:30 AM. Then, I had the fun of cold-booting my house from scratch, which took another hour before I could resume working.

Oh, I should add that the well pump lost its prime while the power was out, so I had to go through the afternoon without running water...and on diuretics enough to need the toilet twice per hour!

This week has made me start to think that Ted Kaczynski wasn't *completely* crazy after all.....
KRS_SN13104.50
      09-16-2022, 07:46 PM   #81
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Wow...some of you guys, man, hope you are all feeling better today.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5139.00
      09-17-2022, 07:24 AM   #82
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

So I have to add another to this thread. Over the past three weeks this dark cloud has been hanging over my head in terms of things breaking. I've never had anything like this ever happen.

So it starts by a trip I make out to my vacation home. Upon arriving, I'm greeted by a malfunctioning refrigerator. Coils froze over. Had to throw out everything in the freezer. Spent the next couple of hours defrosting the coils with a hair dryer. The day I am leaving, the garbage disposal breaks while cleaning the kitchen.

My 135i throws a check engine. Scan the DME and it's the DMTL pump. During this my step father gifts me his 97 F150. I decide to make a trip to my vacation home to pick up a queen box spring I have out there and to fix the garbage disposal. A/C is low and I recharge the system. I'm out there and buy a nicer beefier garbage disposal from the nearby Lowes. Get everything ready to mount the new one and find out the idiot plumbers set up the drain pipes in a manner where only one size of garbage disposal will fit. Had to return the one from Lowes and decided to order one from Amazon. It arrives the day I am leaving and I get it installed. On the trip back, just before the Bay bridge I look at the dash and the engine is overheating. I immediately pull over and find out there's no coolant in the expansion tank. I run back and forth to the restroom at the gas station to fill the tank with water. I get the tank filled up to a certain point and water is pouring out the top part of the motor. Can't see where the leak is coming from. Wait a bit and decide to chance it over the bridge. I make it over but have to pull over shortly after to let the engine cool off again. I managed to get to a nearby grocery store where I buy 8 one gallon jugs of water. This begins a series of drive, stop, fill, cool off, drive events to get my truck home. Took 7 hours on a drive that would normally take one hour.

Next day I go to the gym in my Toyota. After my workout, I got to my car and try to start it. Nothing. Car behaves as if it has a dead battery. Had to bum a ride off someone I know at the gym to get home. I take the BMW out and check the battery with my battery tester. Yep. Dead battery. Had to leave to go pick up my daughter. Return later and pull the battery out. I go to Costco and get shocked by the price tag of a replacement. $190 for the replacement battery. Get it installed and with the help of my neighbor was able to get the Toyota home.

Next day work on my F150. Find out it's one of the heater core hoses that burst. Tried to get the damn quick disconnect undone. Can't. Whoever made those fittings should be shot. Get another set of tools from Amazon. No go. Still won't come off despite me being literally on top of the engine with my whole body yanking on the thing. Give up and decide to just leave the fitting there and get some generic heater core hose. Got some 5/8" and hose clamps thinking I'm all good. Nope. Stupid Ford engineers decide to make the fitting at the engine block 3/4". So I have to get some 3/4" hose and a 5/8" to 3/4" coupler. Get all that done and fill the cooling system. Ford is fixed.

At this time I also order a new DMTL pump from FCP Euro. It arrives and I get it installed without issues. No more check engine light.

A few days pass by and find out the icemaker is broken in the fridge at my primary home. Order one from Amazon that is an open box. It arrives and it's not even the right one. Had to return it. Found another place that has it and order it from there. At the same time, I had also ordered a Milwaukee oscillating multi tool from Amazon which is also an open box. It arrives and it's not the right one too. Instead of the M18 I ordered, it's an M12. I immediately return it. But for some reason I had to print out shipping labels instead of being able to use a QR code. Get to the UPS store and they said because Amazon labeled the package as a hazmat (some idiot assumed there was a lithium battery which there was not), I had to package the box myself. I had the box but they wanted to charge me $2 to tape the box. I'm now fuming and out of principle I go home to get packing tape and finally ship the thing back.

I get the new icemaker from the online supplier I found. It's an exact match. Go to install it. Wiring harness on the new icemaker won't plug into the fridge. I look at the connector. It's the same except the new one used a plug that is slightly smaller so it won't fit. Damn.... I think of my options to resolve this. Decide to take apart the icemaker and thankfully the wiring harness is easily undone from the old one where I can transfer it to the new one. Get that done and I have a working icemaker again.

A few days later, I'm getting ready to take my new S1000RR to the dealership to have the timing chain tensioner recall done. While the bike is warming up I see a note on my Toyota that is parked in front of my house. I go look at the note and it's from someone stating they hit my car. WTF. I look around and can't see anything obvious. But I do find out where. They had grazed the corner of my front driver's side bumper. I see some scratches and a couple of places with chipped paint. F' me. I decide to deal with that later. I get on my bike to head to the dealership. I get there an hour before they open to let my bike cool off so I can get it in and out quickly. While waiting I check on how the engine is cooling off. I happen to look down under the bike and see a small puddle. Crap. It's coolant. I look up under the bike and sure enough. There's a leak from the weep hole in the oil pan for the water/oil combo pump. It's a well documented issue with these bikes. Dealership opens. Tech gets the bike into the service bay. Gets the recall done and confirms that indeed the water/oil pump has failed. He advises that I shouldn't ride the bike as there is a possibility the pump will fail enough to allow mixing of oil and coolant. I decide to leave the bike and the dealership gives me a loaner bike to get home.

I manage to hand buff out the scratches on the bumper and fill in the spots with touch up paint. Haven't called the person yet to discuss this but not going to bother dealing with insurance or reimbursement. Not worth the hassle. Also, the water valve in the toilet in my half bath is failing. I put in a new water valve. I call the dealership this past Thursday to get a status on my bike. One of the parts they need is not here stateside. Has to be ordered from Germany. Won't get here to the end of the month. Sigh.

So all of that was the past 3 weeks for me.

Last edited by zx10guy; 09-17-2022 at 07:32 AM..
Appreciate 6
Buug95916844.00
KRS_SN13104.50
vreihen1614906.00
rcaso26331.00
Dino GT35121.00
      09-17-2022, 08:00 AM   #83
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
So I have to add another to this thread. Over the past three weeks this dark cloud has been hanging over my head in terms of things breaking. I've never had anything like this ever happen.

So it starts by a trip I make out to my vacation home. Upon arriving, I'm greeted by a malfunctioning refrigerator. Coils froze over. Had to throw out everything in the freezer. Spent the next couple of hours defrosting the coils with a hair dryer. The day I am leaving, the garbage disposal breaks while cleaning the kitchen.

My 135i throws a check engine. Scan the DME and it's the DMTL pump. During this my step father gifts me his 97 F150. I decide to make a trip to my vacation home to pick up a queen box spring I have out there and to fix the garbage disposal. A/C is low and I recharge the system. I'm out there and buy a nicer beefier garbage disposal from the nearby Lowes. Get everything ready to mount the new one and find out the idiot plumbers set up the drain pipes in a manner where only one size of garbage disposal will fit. Had to return the one from Lowes and decided to order one from Amazon. It arrives the day I am leaving and I get it installed. On the trip back, just before the Bay bridge I look at the dash and the engine is overheating. I immediately pull over and find out there's no coolant in the expansion tank. I run back and forth to the restroom at the gas station to fill the tank with water. I get the tank filled up to a certain point and water is pouring out the top part of the motor. Can't see where the leak is coming from. Wait a bit and decide to chance it over the bridge. I make it over but have to pull over shortly after to let the engine cool off again. I managed to get to a nearby grocery store where I buy 8 one gallon jugs of water. This begins a series of drive, stop, fill, cool off, drive events to get my truck home. Took 7 hours on a drive that would normally take one hour.

Next day I go to the gym in my Toyota. After my workout, I got to my car and try to start it. Nothing. Car behaves as if it has a dead battery. Had to bum a ride off someone I know at the gym to get home. I take the BMW out and check the battery with my battery tester. Yep. Dead battery. Had to leave to go pick up my daughter. Return later and pull the battery out. I go to Costco and get shocked by the price tag of a replacement. $190 for the replacement battery. Get it installed and with the help of my neighbor was able to get the Toyota home.

Next day work on my F150. Find out it's one of the heater core hoses that burst. Tried to get the damn quick disconnect undone. Can't. Whoever made those fittings should be shot. Get another set of tools from Amazon. No go. Still won't come off despite me being literally on top of the engine with my whole body yanking on the thing. Give up and decide to just leave the fitting there and get some generic heater core hose. Got some 5/8" and hose clamps thinking I'm all good. Nope. Stupid Ford engineers decide to make the fitting at the engine block 3/4". So I have to get some 3/4" hose and a 5/8" to 3/4" coupler. Get all that done and fill the cooling system. Ford is fixed.

At this time I also order a new DMTL pump from FCP Euro. It arrives and I get it installed without issues. No more check engine light.

A few days pass by and find out the icemaker is broken in the fridge at my primary home. Order one from Amazon that is an open box. It arrives and it's not even the right one. Had to return it. Found another place that has it and order it from there. At the same time, I had also ordered a Milwaukee oscillating multi tool from Amazon which is also an open box. It arrives and it's not the right one too. Instead of the M18 I ordered, it's an M12. I immediately return it. But for some reason I had to print out shipping labels instead of being able to use a QR code. Get to the UPS store and they said because Amazon labeled the package as a hazmat (some idiot assumed there was a lithium battery which there was not), I had to package the box myself. I had the box but they wanted to charge me $2 to tape the box. I'm now fuming and out of principle I go home to get packing tape and finally ship the thing back.

I get the new icemaker from the online supplier I found. It's an exact match. Go to install it. Wiring harness on the new icemaker won't plug into the fridge. I look at the connector. It's the same except the new one used a plug that is slightly smaller so it won't fit. Damn.... I think of my options to resolve this. Decide to take apart the icemaker and thankfully the wiring harness is easily undone from the old one where I can transfer it to the new one. Get that done and I have a working icemaker again.

A few days later, I'm getting ready to take my new S1000RR to the dealership to have the timing chain tensioner recall done. While the bike is warming up I see a note on my Toyota that is parked in front of my house. I go look at the note and it's from someone stating they hit my car. WTF. I look around and can't see anything obvious. But I do find out where. They had grazed the corner of my front driver's side bumper. I see some scratches and a couple of places with chipped paint. F' me. I decide to deal with that later. I get on my bike to head to the dealership. I get there an hour before they open to let my bike cool off so I can get it in and out quickly. While waiting I check on how the engine is cooling off. I happen to look down under the bike and see a small puddle. Crap. It's coolant. I look up under the bike and sure enough. There's a leak from the weep hole in the oil pan for the water/oil combo pump. It's a well documented issue with these bikes. Dealership opens. Tech gets the bike into the service bay. Gets the recall done and confirms that indeed the water/oil pump has failed. He advises that I shouldn't ride the bike as there is a possibility the pump will fail enough to allow mixing of oil and coolant. I decide to leave the bike and the dealership gives me a loaner bike to get home.

I manage to hand buff out the scratches on the bumper and fill in the spots with touch up paint. Haven't called the person yet to discuss this but not going to bother dealing with insurance or reimbursement. Not worth the hassle. Also, the water valve in the toilet in my half bath is failing. I put in a new water valve. I call the dealership this past Thursday to get a status on my bike. One of the parts they need is not here stateside. Has to be ordered from Germany. Won't get here to the end of the month. Sigh.

So all of that was the past 3 weeks for me.
Sounds like you need to just sit back with a tall, cool drink or two.
      09-17-2022, 08:18 AM   #84
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buug959 View Post
Sounds like you need to just sit back with a tall, cool drink or two.
Or the entire bottle......
Appreciate 1
Todd0131379.50
      09-17-2022, 08:19 AM   #85
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:
Or the entire bottle......
LOL! I hear ya!
      09-17-2022, 10:24 AM   #86
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
I forgot to mention from yesterday that I saw the coffee maker had enough water left in it to make one glass of iced tea, so I popped a tea pod into it and hit brew. In my distractions, I forgot to put a cup with ice in the coffee maker! Brewed all over the counter and floor, and of course the well pump was still not primed so I had to mop it up with the last of my bottled spring water. No water to drink, and no iced tea.

Our eco-toilet and my clogged intestines have been doing battle for the past month, and I actually broke off a plunger and jammed the drain last week. I custom ordered a non-eco one piece flushasaurus toilet for in-store delivery at a big-box store in another state, because they cannot be sold in our state. After placing the order, I realized that I sold the Mighty Dodge last week and have no vehicle to make the road trip to pick it up and smuggle it back into New Yorkistan.....
Esteban42239.50
KRS_SN13104.50
Dino GT35121.00
      09-22-2022, 03:26 PM   #87
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I decide to leave the bike and the dealership gives me a loaner bike to get home.
Really? I've got to find a new place to take my bike. At least the current one has a custom truck/lift combo, they will come pick it up in front of the house.
      09-22-2022, 03:48 PM   #88
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Horrible weekend. First i whacked my cheek with the car door and it created a cut which will likely leave a mark. Doh! Then we lost our first game at soccer - i'm the coach. Ugh. We only lost one game all last season. We have a couple new players that are just not playing.
Appreciate 4
Esteban42239.50
M5Rick58907.50
vreihen1614906.00
Dino GT35121.00