ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
Angry-cop
The Commissioner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 EVO X GSR, 96 Cherokee

Back In A BMW.. Finally!

Whats up guys.. Im new to Z post just figured I say HEY.. I owned a 2008 335i and sold it back in January and was missing it every day... I recently found a good deal on a 2007 Z4 3.0si fully loaded... So im back... The only thing Im really looking to do to the Z is maybe an exhaust but it doesnt look like I have a hell of a lot of options... I just want a little more sound out of it and I'll be happy.. Has anyone removed a resonator or anything like that just to make the stock exhaust a little beefy??? Let me know.....

Quick pic of the Z... WAAAAY more to come...

My 335i

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

Looks great, nice color combo. Do you still have those bbs style wheels? They would look good on the z
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
Angry-cop
The Commissioner
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
Looks great, nice color combo. Do you still have those bbs style wheels? They would look good on the z
Thanks... Na i sold them when I sold the 3.. They looked good but where not built very well.. One was bent a bit from hitting a pot hole.. I'm more happy with OEM BMW wheels
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #4
seank
enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e30 m3,e90 wagon,sprinter,z4m

I am not going to tell an "Angry cop" how to make his car illegal by removing the resonators. I don't know anything about it
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #5
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seank
I am not going to tell an "Angry cop" how to make his car illegal by removing the resonators. I don't know anything about it
:

And I know nothing about headers or driving over 65 MPH.

Welcome abroad "Angry". Enjoy the new ride and feel free to ask questions.

Gferil's "generic resonators" (custom exhaust) sound great and were a few hundred bucks. You could do on the 3.0 for even less. Looks good sounds good. Check out the exhaust thread and stay tuned for video to come.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
gferil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

Great looking color combo and those wheels are some of my favorite that BMW has ever made.

Yep, muffler shop special is definitely the way to go. Ask local enthusiasts (any car enthusiasts don't need to be BMW lovers) or look online for good detailed reviews for muffler shops and speak to one of the owners. Luckily for me I have a shop that's across the street from my office that has 100% 5 star reviews (a couple hundred of them) and the guy worked with me to find the perfect option for what I was looking for.

And Finnegan is right, cost me a couple hundred bucks and I can still add CC inserts or change up to Magnaflows and the total will still cost less than the cheapest brand name exhaust system out there.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #7
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
Angry-Cop,

I have always liked the original Type 108 wheels you have on the Roadster. They do have some issues with corrosion if not properly cared for.

Just a heads up.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #8
Angry-cop
The Commissioner
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys... Ya I really like the wheels as well I will make sure to stay on top of cleaning them... And I need to find a good exhaust shop that I trust to do the work... I don't think I would trust meineke or Midas ... There is BMW shop near me called VAC http://www.vacmotorsports.com/ and another place called helix http://www.helix13.com/. Ill give these guys a call and see what they can do for me...
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #9
seank
enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e30 m3,e90 wagon,sprinter,z4m

It is funny that VAC is thought of as a random shop on this forum. I have always known them to be similar to turner or bimmerworld.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #10
4hits
Registered
Rep
Drives: looking for z4

If you bought your car at otto's, i hate you.

I saw the ad, finally saw the pics when they were posted, called on a Thursday to make an appt for the next day -- Friday was the only day I could get up there -- but the car was sold earlier in the week.

Zed loaded exactly as I want, with the exact color combination I want -- and yes indeed a very good price.

Enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 05:22 AM   #11
Angry-cop
The Commissioner
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4hits View Post
If you bought your car at otto's, i hate you.

I saw the ad, finally saw the pics when they were posted, called on a Thursday to make an appt for the next day -- Friday was the only day I could get up there -- but the car was sold earlier in the week.

Zed loaded exactly as I want, with the exact color combination I want -- and yes indeed a very good price.

Enjoy.
HAH ya sorry bud.. Three people came to look for it as I was buying it too lol
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #12
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Great looking car! Congratulations!!

I've had mine with the same Style 108 rims for three years now and they are not that bad to look after. Just be sure to give them a decent cleaning when they get dirty. I typically wash mine once a week.

You will probably find reference to a product called SONAX for cleaning wheels. Its great at getting brake dust off, but its pricey. Here in Canada, BMW sells the same stuff for around $15 per bottle. Its even in the same bottle and turns red after you spray it on and it reacts with the brake dust, just like SONAX. But at about half the price.

Who would have thought you could get soemthing CHEAPER at the dealer?

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #13
Angry-cop
The Commissioner
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
Great looking car! Congratulations!!

I've had mine with the same Style 108 rims for three years now and they are not that bad to look after. Just be sure to give them a decent cleaning when they get dirty. I typically wash mine once a week.

You will probably find reference to a product called SONAX for cleaning wheels. Its great at getting brake dust off, but its pricey. Here in Canada, BMW sells the same stuff for around $15 per bottle. Its even in the same bottle and turns red after you spray it on and it reacts with the brake dust, just like SONAX. But at about half the price.

Who would have thought you could get soemthing CHEAPER at the dealer?
Thanks I'll keep an eye out for that stuff...
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #14
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
Have you tried removing one or both of the pieces of foam in the sound generator? I removed the piece closest to the cabin in my car and the sound is amazing!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #15
Angry-cop
The Commissioner
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch89 View Post
Have you tried removing one or both of the pieces of foam in the sound generator? I removed the piece closest to the cabin in my car and the sound is amazing!
Haven't tried that... But I did do this..

Appreciate 0