ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-02-2019, 07:34 PM   #1
dre99gsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra

Moving from BC BR to KW Clubsport - adjustment advice?

I'll be moving to KW Clubsport real soon, was hoping for some feedback on those with the setup.

I've been, to my knowledge, successfully running the BC BR setup for over 2 years at track events, I've got it dialed in just how I like it, and it works well. Remember, I have about 100lb heavier nose with the 2J swap than all of you.

My current BC setup is:
Front spring: 9k (504lb)
Rear spring: 12k (672lb)
Front at 30 clicks comp/reb (2 short from max)
Rear at 26 clicks

I would keep these forever, but as they say, sometimes you don't know what your missing. I'm hoping the clubsports will convert me away from having nothing but nice things to say about BC

I know the kit comes with 400lb front / progressive rear springs. I'm not looking for a cush daily ride, I want an aggressive track setup. What do you guys recommend I do?
- Run the lower weight front/rear springs or keep my current springs?
- What about compression/rebound, instead of starting somewhere and dialing it stiff, any recommendation for race? My driving style prefers somewhat stiff.
      07-13-2019, 12:09 PM   #2
jbass524
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre99gsx View Post
I'll be moving to KW Clubsport real soon, was hoping for some feedback on those with the setup.

I've been, to my knowledge, successfully running the BC BR setup for over 2 years at track events, I've got it dialed in just how I like it, and it works well. Remember, I have about 100lb heavier nose with the 2J swap than all of you.

My current BC setup is:
Front spring: 9k (504lb)
Rear spring: 12k (672lb)
Front at 30 clicks comp/reb (2 short from max)
Rear at 26 clicks

I would keep these forever, but as they say, sometimes you don't know what your missing. I'm hoping the clubsports will convert me away from having nothing but nice things to say about BC

I know the kit comes with 400lb front / progressive rear springs. I'm not looking for a cush daily ride, I want an aggressive track setup. What do you guys recommend I do?
- Run the lower weight front/rear springs or keep my current springs?
- What about compression/rebound, instead of starting somewhere and dialing it stiff, any recommendation for race? My driving style prefers somewhat stiff.
Hey there,

I have KW Clubsports on my Z4MC. The stock springs aren't nearly enough for tracking. Plus the progressive rear springs really don't work in that environment.

I use Nitto NT01s for reference.

Regarding spring rates, it's so sunjextivw. How and where do you drive? What do you want to feel?

I can say the Clubsports are very nice and can accommodate a wide range of rates. I used them on another car and they were fabulous and we won many NASA TTs.

I might start with what you had on the BCs so it's an apples to apples comparison. That is if you liked those rates.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 08:58 PM   #3
dre99gsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra

Just noticed the recommended KW settings for the clubsport (mind you: the manual says V3 on it for some reason) is:

Front rebound/bump (clicks open): 8/12
Rear rebound/bump: 8/5

The bump range is 0-12, rebound range is 0-16. Notice 12 clicks open for front, that's FULL SOFT. Does that seem right? This is for the 3.0si kit.

The Z4M manual is:
Front rebound/bump (clicks open): 8/6
Rear rebound/bump: 8/5

Seems like the "12" would be a typo...

Side note, they are installed and hope to have track feedback November and compare to my original BC BR coilovers. I kept the same springs as my BC BR units, and so this will be a good test where only the shocks themselves are changed.

Last edited by dre99gsx; 10-14-2019 at 09:14 PM..
Appreciate 0