ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-28-2019, 10:46 AM   #23
Syed///M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C 6Mt

Came across this thread while I was searching for information regarding RPI mufflers with SS straight pipes. I am planning to run SS straight pipe, with Rogue X pipe and Rpi mufflers w/silencers. Anyone wiling to share their experience with these mufflers, after a year or two of ownership?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 04:27 PM   #24
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 328i LCI & '06 Z4MR

Garage List
My mods have remained the same as previously explained in this thread so the sound is the same and I’m still enjoying the sound. Hasn’t gotten annoying after almost 2 years of running the RPI’s. They still sound incredible, my hearing is still just as good, drone remains the same also.

I did get pulled over by 2 cops and 1 state trooper one time. They stated they heard me flooring it about 2 miles out and heard the sound coming towards them so they waited for me. I’d say that’s the only con about the RPI’s; you can’t really have fun without anyone hearing you
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 09:52 AM   #25
filtercoffee
I like Coffee & Z4s.
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4MC  [0.00]
I attempted to remove the OEM mufflers without jack stands last night - on low profile ramps that give 2-3 inches of lift. Lying on a yoga mat for comfort. It was pretty annoying to remove the hardware for the diffuser, plus I have a rear diffuser attached to the bumper. But do-able. However I got stuck trying to remove the bolt joining the muffler to the x-pipe, mine were seized on pretty good. I didn't have great leverage working under the car and I didn't have an impact. Probably going to let the shop do this one.

Posting in case others go into this thinking it'll definitely be easy - it might not!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 07:52 PM   #26
vt100
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4MC, '12 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by filtercoffee View Post
However I got stuck trying to remove the bolt joining the muffler to the x-pipe, mine were seized on pretty good. I didn't have great leverage working under the car and I didn't have an impact. Probably going to let the shop do this one.

Posting in case others go into this thinking it'll definitely be easy - it might not!
When dealing with exhaust bolts you should always be ready to cut them off with a dremel
Appreciate 1