ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
elerner61
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Roadster

CD Changer Cable Pinouts

Does anyone have the cable pinouts for the two connectors for the CD Changer connections that are typically used for the Top Hifi/Nav systems (analog)

What I am very simply trying to accomplish is the route audio (only audio) from my iPod to the headunit via the CD Changer connection. Many folks make the claim that this gives better performance than the Aux. input and I'd like to confirm. I don't even need to charge my iPod (this way I have to take it out of the car to charge and it give me the chance to add new music to it.

Yeah, the DICE DUO is a reasonably priced unit that would do this for me, but it gets such horrible reviews (performance and dependability). And the only other unit that is compatible with the NAV/DSP head unit seems to be the Intravee/Alpine duo that costs a lot of $$.

So, anyone got the pinout, or other suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 02:18 AM   #2
RichardP
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5 & M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
2013 BMW M6 Gran Coupe  [10.00]
1980 E26  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [10.00]

Newers cars only have pins 1, 4 and 2 (common ground) connected in the 6 pin plug.

To have access to the CDC source you will have to leave the CDC connected to the 3 pin plug with at least one CD in the magazine.
Appreciate 0