ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #89
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoGeo View Post
Okay the group buy list now stands at (10

Neogeo
Antennahead
Santov
Silververtu
gferil
ricanbandit
loogey clapp
Dan FromTuscan
Boydgti
Johannes

BTW: already got a reply. I have asked for a 20% discount.

$259.99 - 20% = $207.99 + $5 s/h = $212.99

At $213, put me down as the 11th.
      10-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #90
Halston@bsw
Rep
Drives: 99 M3 - 89 325i - 86 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
$259.99 - 20% = $207.99 + $5 s/h = $212.99

At $213, put me down as the 11th.

Details posted at the bottom of page 4! Happy to have you!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #91
NeoGeo
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halston@bsw View Post
Understood. The kit is brand new. We have shipped them out but many of our customers are not 'forum guys'. They order. Install. Enjoy.

See my previous post about the 30 day guarantee. While I know you won't be disappointed we are BMW Enthusiasts here and want to cover our customers. Install.... and enjoy. Maybe you wish the speakers had angel eye rings that glow bright blue. If that is the case we'll send you a label and return them for you

Please email me @ rhp@bavsound.com

Forum Name
User Name
Real Life Name - lulz
Phone Number
Car Info

We'll give you a call to manually place all the orders!
Thanks a lot for being able to put this toegher for us. We appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 03:44 PM   #92
Loogey Clapp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si

Many kudos to you too NeoGeo for organizing this and getting it pulled off!! This is so exciting my nipples are bursting with delight. I am really looking forward to seeing how these speakers are.

Now if we could just do something about those speakers in the back! Has anything figured out how to get to them in a Roadster?

Also, I wonder when they will be coming out with the BSW PnP Amplifier Upgrade for BMW Z4 / M Roadster, Coupe '03-'08 (E85)? They only have a list for notification when it is available, but no time estimate. I will have to try and remember to ask them when they call for my order.
      10-17-2011, 03:48 PM   #93
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loogey Clapp View Post
Many kudos to you too NeoGeo for organizing this and getting it pulled off!! This is so exciting my nipples are bursting with delight. I
I take it you are a dude, in that case too much info brah LOL
      10-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #94
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Details posted at the bottom of page 4! Happy to have you!
please confirm that someone with the nav/carver package would be improving his system with this kit
      10-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #95
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Edit: I'm also curious if this is an upgrade for those with hi-fi professional. There's a post that details the 3 audio systems.

Get it right! it's my nipples explode with delight:

10-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #96
Loogey Clapp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
Get it right! it's my nipples explode with delight:
I'm not sure how yours react, but I know full well how mine behave. Thanks for the excellent video though!!
      10-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #97
NeoGeo
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loogey Clapp View Post
Many kudos to you too NeoGeo for organizing this and getting it pulled off!! This is so exciting my nipples are bursting with delight. I am really looking forward to seeing how these speakers are.

Now if we could just do something about those speakers in the back! Has anything figured out how to get to them in a Roadster?

Also, I wonder when they will be coming out with the BSW PnP Amplifier Upgrade for BMW Z4 / M Roadster, Coupe '03-'08 (E85)? They only have a list for notification when it is available, but no time estimate. I will have to try and remember to ask them when they call for my order.
No problem.

Thanks to Bavsound on this too. I can't wait to get my kit. It looks to be high quality. Personally I'd rather not add anyting to my car that doesn't fit perfectly - like factory, and this certainly looks like it does.

I also wish they came up with a replacement for the woofers and mids in the back. The woofers are really easy to get to, but the mids look like a real PITA.

Maybe they can make a recommendation for the woofers at least.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #98
antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoGeo View Post
No problem.

Thanks to Bavsound on this too. I can't wait to get my kit. It looks to be high quality. Personally I'd rather not add anyting to my car that doesn't fit perfectly - like factory, and this certainly looks like it does.

I also wish they came up with a replacement for the woofers and mids in the back. The woofers are really easy to get to, but the mids look like a real PITA.

Maybe they can make a recommendation for the woofers at least.
Actually the way this system is designed, "if" you have the Carver system, we'd be better served if BSW came up with an upgrade for the 160mm front woofers. The Carver subs in the back are a strange ohmage and voltage (30 Vrms). Unless you replace the amp, you need to leave the Carver subs alone IMO. With the entire front soundstage upgraded and the system dialed in correctly, it really isn't that bad .................. the front woofers give the musical detail and the Carver subs the bottom "thud". For those of you that love a hassel and want to remove all the crap that it takes to get to the rear speakers, I bet BSW will sell you just the mids from this kit............... but I'd do the research first and make sure you understand what a hassel the process is, YMMV.

On a different note, if the future amplifier upgrade from BSW improved on the parts quality for an improvement in detail/sound quality, and increased the power/additional headroom, I'd be in for that one as well.

John
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #99
NeoGeo
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
Actually the way this system is designed, "if" you have the Carver system, we'd be better served if BSW came up with an upgrade for the 160mm front woofers. The Carver subs in the back are a strange ohmage and voltage (30 Vrms). Unless you replace the amp, you need to leave the Carver subs alone IMO. With the entire front soundstage upgraded and the system dialed in correctly, it really isn't that bad .................. the front woofers give the musical detail and the Carver subs the bottom "thud". For those of you that love a hassel and want to remove all the crap that it takes to get to the rear speakers, I bet BSW will sell you just the mids from this kit............... but I'd do the research first and make sure you understand what a hassel the process is, YMMV.

On a different note, if the future amplifier upgrade from BSW improved on the parts quality for an improvement in detail/sound quality, and increased the power/additional headroom, I'd be in for that one as well.

John
I completely agree. The amp is probably worth upgrading. I hate the idea of pulling appart the rear plastic just to get at the mids... I can't be bothered to be honest.

Mind you, my car is second hand, and I've noticed that the foam under the seat belt holder has come out. I should take the rear plastic appart to replace it anyways.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #100
Halston@bsw
Rep

Carver can be improved.

I'll type up what I have been telling people. There will eventually be a front woofer upgrade. It is only in the Z4 for those upgrades take longer to produce simply because of cost. Certainly users with Stage 1 will simply be able to upgrade.

The rear setup is only providing rear fill. The sound is biased towards the front of the vehicle on all BMWs that have a top that goes back/opens. This is the case even when the fader is in the middle. With this in mind spending the time(much harder to get at the rear setup) combined with the cost we just do not feel it is good enough in the bang for the buck! So the kit is cheaper. Sounds great. Easy to install. All things we like
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 10:50 PM   #101
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Carver can be improved.

I'll type up what I have been telling people. There will eventually be a front woofer upgrade. It is only in the Z4 for those upgrades take longer to produce simply because of cost. Certainly users with Stage 1 will simply be able to upgrade.

The rear setup is only providing rear fill. The sound is biased towards the front of the vehicle on all BMWs that have a top that goes back/opens. This is the case even when the fader is in the middle. With this in mind spending the time(much harder to get at the rear setup) combined with the cost we just do not feel it is good enough in the bang for the buck! So the kit is cheaper. Sounds great. Easy to install. All things we like
what about the rear subwoofers? if so i will buy all speakers.
      10-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #102
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep

I like how the carver kickpanel speakers sound actually
      10-17-2011, 11:24 PM   #103
AirOpsMgr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Please email me @ rhp@bavsound.com

Forum Name
User Name
Real Life Name - lulz
Phone Number
Car Info

We'll give you a call to manually place all the orders!
I'm in and e-mail sent
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 11:29 PM   #104
antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
I like how the carver kickpanel speakers sound actually
They are decent for factory. I'd still love an upgrade, but I agree they are pretty good for factory.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 11:34 PM   #105
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Carver can be improved.

I have the Nav/Carver system, and it leaves a LOT to be desired. Imaging sucks and mud everywhere. However, while hanging with JDN34 one day, I noticed his sound system sounded a lot better.

The trick?

Fade your system all the way to the front. Play with your EQ parameters (to your taste) and that's it. Doing this gets rid of those AWFUL rear-fill-mids, but leaves the subwoofers active. It's improved the muddiness a lot.

Having said that, I'm hoping this upgrade to the fronts will make a difference. Because after all, a decent front-stage is all you should ever run.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 01:27 AM   #106
Halston@bsw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
what about the rear subwoofers? if so i will buy all speakers.

No subwoofer upgrade. Not yet!

Front Soundstage is a huge part of a sound system. Definitely agree with your points there and part of the reason the Z4 system is setup like this from BSW.

Got a bunch of emails. Going to be a busy day tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 02:18 AM   #107
l4zy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 15 i3, 17 M3 Frz Wht

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW i3 REX  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3  [10.00]
2013 BMW X3 xDrive35i  [7.00]
dang i might have to jump in on this. how long is the GB gonna last?
      10-18-2011, 02:38 AM   #108
kav
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4M

So by Carver system you mean the premium "upgraded" sound system on the Z4M?
Am I understanding correctly that this should improve on that system?

I am in for the GB.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #109
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kav View Post
So by Carver system you mean the premium "upgraded" sound system on the Z4M?
Am I understanding correctly that this should improve on that system?

I am in for the GB.
yes and yes
      10-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #110
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
In anticipation of this upgrade, does anyone have a DIY writeup on removing the door panels?