ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
Atebit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Yellow 2011 Z4 sdrive30i

Performance BMW Chapel Hill

Considering buying a new Z from Performance BMW in Chapel Hill NC...any experience with this dealership out there?

Last edited by Atebit; 12-24-2010 at 12:55 AM.. Reason: Misspelling
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 10:58 PM   #2
flawlesskid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sport Package

Well, i've had mixed experience with them. I think in the end they've taken care of me. I bought my car used from them in april. Within a couple days the car went into limp mode. This happened a couple times within a couple weeks before i left it with them while i was away on business. They had it a week, and a week after picking it up, i had it towed back in. After 2 weeks it was discovered that it had a broken cam shaft. They had my car for the majority of the first 3 months i owned it. It was a nightmare in the beginning, though i'm not sure how much they could have done to prevent these things. In the end, they replaced the wastegates, camshaft, fuel pump, and various other parts at no cost to me and i drove a 535xi while they had it. I'd say they took good care of me, but i just wonder how much of what was wrong with the car they actually knew about. It was also evident upon my further inspection that the car had been involved in an accident though it had a clear carfax. Really nice service advisers and the salesman and finance staff were A1.
      12-22-2010, 11:03 PM   #3
flawlesskid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sport Package

Forgot to mention that i had the same technician through the entire ordeal, and he was an awesome guy! He actually sat down with me himself to explain all that he found and everything he did. He gave me a full diagnostic of my vehicles health and really made me feel like that was gonna be the last time i'd have to talk to him. I've seen him once since that discussion for a fuse.
      12-22-2010, 11:16 PM   #4
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atebit View Post
Considering buying a new Z from Performance BMW in Chapel Hill NC...any experience with this dealership out there?
I bought mine there new, but I flew in and drove out so only saw them once. No problems, however.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 12:58 AM   #5
Atebit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Yellow 2011 Z4 sdrive30i

Good to know about the service experience. I actually live closer to Raleigh so I would prolly take it to Leith for service, but heading back to Chapel Hill wouldn't be out of the question.
Appreciate 0