ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #1
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
FCAB - thinking outloud

OK - so # 1 - what is the fluid in the OEM bushings. It seemed to evaporate like water, but I am sure it is not. Anyone know?

And the slight "wandering" when the wheel is in a neutral state I have been fighting seems to have left with the new FCAB - or I am being stupid? I drove it for several hours today on the highway and I never once felt it. I never read that as a symptom of bad FCAB's, but after looking at the control arms when I took them out - I could see how a really shot pair could cause what I was feeling. Felt fine in corners with some pressure against them, but only noticed the wandering under a neutral wheel which is when there would not have been any pressure on them and I was maybe feeling the play in them.

Trouble is - they did not seem that bad. They looked fine. Both still had fluid in them. I could wiggle the control arm on both sides with my hand, but they did not seem stiff enough to prevent that with as rubbery as they were - unless mine we just wore out and still looked great.

Anyone else ever seen/heard of such a thing?