ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - California
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
View Poll Results: Which date(s) work?
September 28th 2 15.38%
October 5th 3 23.08%
Either 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

10-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #67
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
Mmmm more pics of the black moupe with gold wheels!
They are gorgeous.

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #68
The_Ring_Monster
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M

Thank you all for organizing this event. I had a blast meeting and talking to you all you fellow Z4M owners, it was definitely an eye-opening experience to see so many gathering sharing the same passion... especially on a car that is as rare as ours.

Can't wait for the next time we meet.

Cheers
Jon
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #69
E8SEHHX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 GTO & 07 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
I had such a great time today meeting everyone and getting a chance to see all the other Z4Ms out there. I rarely spot them and I drive mine everyday! I have added some things on my list to buy haha. That was inevitable.

Cannot wait to see all the pictures and video footage! My friend Anthony will send me a link to all his photos so I can share them with you all. Thank you to everyone for making this happen.
07 BSM Z4 M Coupe | Fortune Auto Coilovers | Super Sprint V2 Headers| Epic Tune| RPI Exhaust | RPI Ram Intake | RE RaceBrace | ZHP Knob | CF Kidney Grills | CF Stubby | Work Meister M1R wheels | Mstache 2 | Euroboutique Shark Fin Diffuser
06 PBM Pontiac GTO M6 | 1 of 417 | BC Racing Coilovers | SAP Fascia | WCS Air Splitter | CF Rear Diffuser | GMM Ripshifter | Lingenfelter CAI
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 02:12 AM   #70
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

I'll try to make it to the next one
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 02:45 AM   #71
mkodama
Like a Boss
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BRZ, 2000 E55 AMG

I'm Miles, the passenger that came in the red sedan. Nice meeting some of you.

I just have to say, that was an incredibly well organized and surprisingly fun event. Z owners are in a league of their own; I don't think I've met any group of BMW owners so friendly and well behaved. Coming from the 3-series crowd, I'm used to someone doing something stupid and getting kicked out by police or security.

Awesome looking and sounding cars today.
      10-06-2013, 03:25 AM   #72
cyberkaa
:facepalm:
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2x 2003 332i, 2020 M2CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
The Imola M3'd Sedan is our Pace Car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
And videographer! And hardware installer. Great guy!
Thanks, Ron!

It was great meeting such a friendly group of enthusiasts and I only wish I could have stayed for lunch to chat with everyone a bit more.

I skimmed through my recordings and they sounded good so hopefully we'll have some really nice media to go along with the data. Looking forward to seeing all of this year's coverage!

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong
Donuts make you go nuts
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #73
gferil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

That was definitely a great time, as it always is when our group gets together. Thanks again to Ron for running point on organizing this one, and Kalim and Brent for recording video and dB, and to everyone that took their time out to get together for what is hopefully turning out to be an annual event (considering that most of us switch out performance parts on our cars on a yearly basis hahah).

It was great meeting all of you, and seeing some great Z's. Even though it was half the turnout of last year, it was still a blast. So...next time, more of you need to make it out!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #74
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Thanks Finnegan and Gferil for putting together a great meet. Was great seeing old friends again and making new ones; plus checking out some very nice cars and mods to boot.
      10-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #75
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
Thanks Finnegan and Gferil for putting together a great meet. Was great seeing old friends again and making new ones; plus checking out some very nice cars and mods to boot.
I didn't realize I was talking to you while I was talking to you! Just didn't register. I would have thanked you for all the info and help.

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #76
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhoneEngineer View Post
Not going to make it this time . I am totally in for the next one with more notice (Alex just tipped me off to this awesome meet a couple days ago, but I am behind in preparing for my first trip to Japan--a close friend is getting married there).
No worries, enjoy your trip, we'll see you next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
Had a blast today. It was nice meeting everyone. Like always, now I can't wait to see the footage.

Here's some quick pics for those that weren't able to make it out. Maybe we'll see you guys next year
Thank for for sharing those pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ring_Monster View Post
Thank you all for organizing this event. I had a blast meeting and talking to you all you fellow Z4M owners, it was definitely an eye-opening experience to see so many gathering sharing the same passion... especially on a car that is as rare as ours.

Can't wait for the next time we meet.

Cheers
Jon
Thank you for taking time to come out and play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E8SEHHX View Post
I had such a great time today meeting everyone and getting a chance to see all the other Z4Ms out there. I rarely spot them and I drive mine everyday! I have added some things on my list to buy haha. That was inevitable.

Cannot wait to see all the pictures and video footage! My friend Anthony will send me a link to all his photos so I can share them with you all. Thank you to everyone for making this happen.
Awesome! I'm glad you and Anthony were able to make it--photos--yay! As I'm sure you already know you're the reigning champ on the db meter! (Even besting the results leader from last time--a little teaser for everyone else--results should be up in a few days after we proof them.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
I'll try to make it to the next one
Dude, you have serious ear splitting competition! You have to make the next one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
I'm Miles, the passenger that came in the red sedan. Nice meeting some of you.

I just have to say, that was an incredibly well organized and surprisingly fun event. Z owners are in a league of their own; I don't think I've met any group of BMW owners so friendly and well behaved. Coming from the 3-series crowd, I'm used to someone doing something stupid and getting kicked out by police or security.

Awesome looking and sounding cars today.
Miles, great meeting you and talking Mercs! Yeah, we're a pretty well behaved bunch, and up for fun and games as well. Most of us hit the track or AutoX pretty regularly, so those crazy antics have other outlets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
Thanks, Ron!

It was great meeting such a friendly group of enthusiasts and I only wish I could have stayed for lunch to chat with everyone a bit more.

I skimmed through my recordings and they sounded good so hopefully we'll have some really nice media to go along with the data. Looking forward to seeing all of this year's coverage!
Wonderful! Thank you for attending, love your car (and S54 transplant), and the handiwork you do. PM me and we'll talk about how to incorporate that and the data into a new thread. Thank you again for coming along and joining the fun yesterday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gferil View Post
That was definitely a great time, as it always is when our group gets together. Thanks again to Ron for running point on organizing this one, and Kalim and Brent for recording video and dB, and to everyone that took their time out to get together for what is hopefully turning out to be an annual event (considering that most of us switch out performance parts on our cars on a yearly basis hahah).

It was great meeting all of you, and seeing some great Z's. Even though it was half the turnout of last year, it was still a blast. So...next time, more of you need to make it out!
Dude, thank you for being such a easy to work with co-event-leader. I only wish I had more folks like you to work with day to day.

Brent, thank you for all of the technical help and solid teamwork!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post

Data and video is being processed. Results (data) will be posted in a couple of days. Video may take a bit longer. One thing we were able to quantify is how much resonance (aka "drone") and frequency has an effect on the sound pressure levels in the cabin vs. the external sound pressure levels. Interesting stuff, which will be fun to reflect on and discuss.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #77
seank
enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e30 m3,e90 wagon,sprinter,z4m

Sorry guys that I couldn't make it. Too many obligations this week between work and family. Exhaust fest went to the lower part of the list of needs to others. It was near the top of my list.

Glad you all were able, to gather and meet a great group of people.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #78
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seank View Post
Sorry guys that I couldn't make it. Too many obligations this week between work and family. Exhaust fest went to the lower part of the list of needs to others. It was near the top of my list.

Glad you all were able, to gather and meet a great group of people.
No worries buddy, life has a way of doing that to us all. There will be another 'Fest another time, or a Zpost Norcal track day, or maybe just a drive (next spring).

Note: I would not have made it on time yesterday without being fueled by something called "Temple Coffee".
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #79
seank
enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e30 m3,e90 wagon,sprinter,z4m

Your'e funny. My soul wasn't with you but the coffee was.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #80
Pheonix
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe 2012 e93 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW/Z4MC  [0.00]
Sounded like a great time! Sorry i could not make it (life is too hectic with a 1 month old infant Hopefully there will be other meets in the near future
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #81
RobMCoupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

I knew the 5th wasn't good for me. Wife already have the weekend planned. I was hoping there was a change of plan like she needs to go to work. I can sneak off to Exhaust Feast.

There is always next time.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 02:15 AM   #82
mtrhed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 AW Z4MR/w211 e63 AMG/325XiT

Eagerly awaiting vids and sound clips and accompaning data!
Anthracite Apex EC-7 9F/9.5R, 245/275 Super Sport's, 17" Kosei K1 255/40r17 Direzza II, SS Lines, Pagid RS29, Ate SuperBlue, VT Comp. MM's, RE trans. mounts, AST 4150, Swift springs, Vorschlag camber plates, RE RSM, H&R swaybars, spherical rtabs, SuperFlex poly fcabs, StrongStrut Braces, Euro Headers, Stromung exhaust, ESS Tune, Eventuri intake
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #83
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Will try to post data today, was away on vacation since early last week.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #84
cyberkaa
:facepalm:
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2x 2003 332i, 2020 M2CS

Garage List
Away on vacation right now. I'll get to those videos as soon as I get back!

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong
Donuts make you go nuts
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #85
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
Away on vacation right now. I'll get to those videos as soon as I get back!
Vacation! Good idea!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 01:32 AM   #86
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Updated the Exhaust Comparison Thread with the new set of data. Video will come later.

We were not totally consistent in our approach (), but the results are comparable to last year's data. Two of the cars have exactly the same systems, so we have a baseline from which to build and apply some adjustment factors so we can build a more extensive list of systems/sound.

The biggest improvement this year was the addition of in-car measurements.

Without further commentary, here is the first installment from the meet. See post 2.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #87
E8SEHHX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 GTO & 07 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
thanks guys!!
07 BSM Z4 M Coupe | Fortune Auto Coilovers | Super Sprint V2 Headers| Epic Tune| RPI Exhaust | RPI Ram Intake | RE RaceBrace | ZHP Knob | CF Kidney Grills | CF Stubby | Work Meister M1R wheels | Mstache 2 | Euroboutique Shark Fin Diffuser
06 PBM Pontiac GTO M6 | 1 of 417 | BC Racing Coilovers | SAP Fascia | WCS Air Splitter | CF Rear Diffuser | GMM Ripshifter | Lingenfelter CAI
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #88
dcoff2
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe/ '02 330ci Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Updated the Exhaust Comparison Thread with the new set of data. Video will come later.

We were not totally consistent in our approach (), but the results are comparable to last year's data. Two of the cars have exactly the same systems, so we have a baseline from which to build and apply some adjustment factors so we can build a more extensive list of systems/sound.

The biggest improvement this year was the addition of in-car measurements.

Without further commentary, here is the first installment from the meet. See post 2.
Thanks to Ron, Gernard, and everyone who helped set this up and capture the data. Really fun day and keeping an eye on the thread.
Appreciate 0