ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-28-2009, 09:03 PM   #1
Graham M
I love my Z. Pure sex on wheels.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Is sold, goodbye everyone!

Thumbs up Professional photoshoot yesterday. Pics turned out wicked!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/evolize...75160242/show/

^Yeah, quite happy with the results. Some wicked pics there.

For those that are wondering:
The wheels are Iforged: Daytona. 19x9.5 front, 19x10.5 in the back
...yes that lip is almost 4"

(non-slideshow/gallery view)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/evolize...7622475160242/
      09-29-2009, 01:33 AM   #2
MR PERSONALITY
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4 M COUPE, 07 MINI GP

Awesome pix buddy looking good
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
misterawa
John 14:6
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4

19X10.5 in the back...wow, what's the offset?

BTW, nice pics

Mods: Eibachs/Konis, Eibach camber kit, JTD RSMs, 19" WedsSport SA67, Hamann headlight trim, Aero front bumper, Aero sides, AC Schnitzer side deflectors, Hella euro taillights, Hardtop, Dinan strut & supplemental bars, RD Sport intake, Dinan Stage 2 Software, RPI scoop, Bastuck catback exhaust, Radenergie CF engine cover...
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Awesome ride and pics.

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 07:53 PM   #5
Graham M
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterawa View Post
19X10.5 in the back...wow, what's the offset?

BTW, nice pics

To be totally honest with you, I have no idea. Iforged is notorious for not releasing their offsets. Why? I dont know... it makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

Just like buying a car, they only give you a price tag, and with that they dont tell you its engine, options, color or body style.

I think its the same offset as would fit a 19x10, I just told them what they were going on and they sent them to me like that.

THanks for the compliments. Yeah hes a younger guy like myself. So for $50 this was my second photoshoot with it. Really good guy...
too bad you guys weren't closer to Calgary
      10-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

You could always measure the offsets. Bit of a pain in the ass tho.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #7
pbdm4k
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
To be totally honest with you, I have no idea. Iforged is notorious for not releasing their offsets. Why? I dont know... it makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

Just like buying a car, they only give you a price tag, and with that they dont tell you its engine, options, color or body style.

I think its the same offset as would fit a 19x10, I just told them what they were going on and they sent them to me like that.

THanks for the compliments. Yeah hes a younger guy like myself. So for $50 this was my second photoshoot with it. Really good guy...
too bad you guys weren't closer to Calgary
I'm running iForged myself and they may not TELL you the offset (they seem to have a magical elf tech who comes up with offsets that magically fit-ish), but they include the offsets on the order form when the rims are manufactured. It should be in the pile of sheets with the care guide, and the QA checklist, etc...
'03 VW GTI, '99 Audi A4 1.8TQ, '00 VW Jetta 1.85T, '09 BMW 335i xDrive, '04 BMW Z4 3.0i, '01 Audi TT 1.8T, '04 Volvo S80 2.5T
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
jonanator
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '08 E93 335i, '06 Z4MC

Quote:

I saw you post those pics on our local forum, beyond.ca, nice car! I have seen it around in the NW and it looks really sharp.

I didn't know you bought those new though. If memory serves me right, didn't you buy those wheels used off of another member on beyond.ca? And then you made that huge thread about how he scammed you cause all the wheels turned out to be damaged? and then he blamed you for not checking thoroughly when you test fit the wheels. That's just off the top of my head though. Shitty situation, but looks like you got the wheels fixed and they are looking good.

Anyways, sorry for the rambling, none of that matters, your car is looking hot!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #9
Graham M
Canada
Rep

^ yeah I bought them (what I thought to be) slightly used. The seller was in a *HUGE* rush since he had about 1 hr for me to check to see if they fit or not (for rub issues) which basically gave me time to toss them on my car lightning fast, try it out then take them off. He said they were in fantastic condition, asides from a bit of curb rash on one of them. Okay, given how badly rushed he was I gave him the benefit of the doubt. (what a horrendous mistake that was)

The wheels are coated with (lord know how many) kilometers of THICK brake dust, so I didn't see the severe pitting on all 4, as well as the additional minor curb rashing on two other rims. I had to spend $800 to get the lips refinished. So all 4 wheels were damaged in some way, not just the one as we agreed on.

I asked him to pay for $200 of that said $800 (which I thought was being quite fair) and he declined. Despite the fact that there was significantly more damage then we agreed on.
So yeah I never made a post about it, but chimed in when I found out he too was scammed in that thread of his. I just said "What goes around comes around".

I would have loved to buy the rim & tire package new, but with the CAD vs. the USD back then, it made no sense to whatsoever, as I would have paid almost $10k for the exact same tires & rims new, after shipping & customs.

I emailed Iforged to see if they would fit my car from the original 335 and they said they would.

I wish this deal came along back then, they look ***SO*** hot
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298453
Im insanely jealous

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdm4k View Post
they seem to have a magical elf tech who comes up with offsets that magically fit-ish),
LMAO, Agreed lol
      10-05-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
jonanator
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '08 E93 335i, '06 Z4MC

^I want those too! But damn... slightly out of my budget.. still insanely tempted though!

One question Graham, where did you get the wheels refinished and were you happy with the results? Thanks!

Quote:
^ yeah I bought them (what I thought to be) slightly used. The seller was in a *HUGE* rush since he had about 1 hr for me to check to see if they fit or not (for rub issues) which basically gave me time to toss them on my car lightning fast, try it out then take them off. He said they were in fantastic condition, asides from a bit of curb rash on one of them. Okay, given how badly rushed he was I gave him the benefit of the doubt. (what a horrendous mistake that was)

The wheels are coated with (lord know how many) kilometers of THICK brake dust, so I didn't see the severe pitting on all 4, as well as the additional minor curb rashing on two other rims. I had to spend $800 to get the lips refinished. So all 4 wheels were damaged in some way, not just the one as we agreed on.

I asked him to pay for $200 of that said $800 (which I thought was being quite fair) and he declined. Despite the fact that there was significantly more damage then we agreed on.
So yeah I never made a post about it, but chimed in when I found out he too was scammed in that thread of his. I just said "What goes around comes around".

I would have loved to buy the rim & tire package new, but with the CAD vs. the USD back then, it made no sense to whatsoever, as I would have paid almost $10k for the exact same tires & rims new, after shipping & customs.

I emailed Iforged to see if they would fit my car from the original 335 and they said they would.

I wish this deal came along back then, they look ***SO*** hot
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298453
Im insanely jealous

LMAO, Agreed lol
Appreciate 0