ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

Arrow Video of 2 M Coupes, a lot of M3s, and C63s on a backroads drive in VA

Thought I'd post this here for anyone looking for a video containing M Coupes. This was a local run I organized with Sub-Zero. It couldn't have been more perfect, hardly any traffic and the entire group was pushing their cars to the limit. Unfortunately it was hard for the camera guy to hold it still while we were doing that so most of those scenes were cut out :-P

Video is here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306163
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
fitchesbass
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Nice vid - not sure about pushing the cars to the limit on public roads - but otherwise looks like a good time and nice get together.

I've gone to a good number of events/caravans when I lived up north and in chicago... but after my last caravan with some folks around here for Chapterfest, I was pretty disappointed. We left from Tysons and everyone jump on 495 like it was a race to get to Chaperfest by weaving in and out of morning traffic on the highway. Ceratinly not my taste...or idea of a good time. (not that the roads you drove on where 495 or anything, but it seems like people I met up with last time have different idea of a "caravan" LOL).

Anyway, the drives look like a good time - I'll have to try and make it out sometime if my schedule allows (work and grad school are killing my time right now). I'll def be out for the last NCC autox... so long as my finals aren't that next week.
E86 Z4M - Sold
E36 M3 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

Thats why we drove on back roads with no traffic. Weaving in and out of traffic isn't fun at all. And when we were on roads with traffic we just stayed in a straight line but luckily that was only for 10 minutes out of the entire trip. It couldn't have been more fun. Too bad when we were pushing it on the mountain roads the camera guy had to turn it off. Next time we're going to use mounted cameras.

As for the autocross, I'll be running in the AM session. Were you the guy I was giving tips to?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #4
fitchesbass
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkstarZero View Post
Thats why we drove on back roads with no traffic. Weaving in and out of traffic isn't fun at all. And when we were on roads with traffic we just stayed in a straight line but luckily that was only for 10 minutes out of the entire trip. It couldn't have been more fun. Too bad when we were pushing it on the mountain roads the camera guy had to turn it off. Next time we're going to use mounted cameras.

As for the autocross, I'll be running in the AM session. Were you the guy I was giving tips to?
Ah I gotchya. Well I'd be a liar if I said I never had fun on backroads... but there are always stories of people wrecking cars on mountain roads when pushing it too hard with groups of people. Regardless sounds like a good time with some great cars.

Yeah, you told me to turn my traction control on - but I really prefer it off. Unfortunately all of my laps were in the pouring rain and me deciding to autox that day was pretty last minute (which led to wet floor mats from me not bringing my plastic bin to store stuff during my heat = fail). I was running a red 911 for awhile at the NCC CCA events this past summer when I first saw your car at the autoxs - I think it was July. This past event was my first event in the Mcoupe since earlier this season (June or May I think). This is my first season down here with the NCC chapter - pretty active group and good bunch of guys compared to other chapters up north.

Camera mounts a def. the way to go. It be nice to get on mounted in the brake duct instead of inside the cabin.

The 911 I was running for awhile.
E86 Z4M - Sold
E36 M3 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Appreciate 0