ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #23
R0ME0
"The Midas Touch"
Rep
Drives: F87 LBB ///M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [10.00]
2008 Z4M - SOLD  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
Actually, I just installed them last night lol. Slight difference in sound, but big improvement on vibration. You don't "feel" the exhaust anymore at idle and the car feels smoother.

Also, I had to grind off the nut that's welded on to the rpi hanger in order to install the dkf hanger.
I just picked these up for my RPI. Do you have pics of the install and is it absolutely essential to grind off that nut?and does that prevent from future use with a stock hanger?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #24
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ME0 View Post
I just picked these up for my RPI. Do you have pics of the install and is it absolutely essential to grind off that nut?and does that prevent from future use with a stock hanger?
I don't have pics of my install, but I can help with the other stuff.

When I got my RPIs second hand I had to go buy new bolts and nuts to install them because the ones that were welded on came off. So its ok to have the nuts come off, you can go to home depot or wherever and get new ones that just wont be welded on.

These hangers replace the stock ones without doing anything to the car so you can easily switch back to stock hangers if you want to.
      07-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #25
R0ME0
"The Midas Touch"
Rep
Drives: F87 LBB ///M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [10.00]
2008 Z4M - SOLD  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
I don't have pics of my install, but I can help with the other stuff.

When I got my RPIs second hand I had to go buy new bolts and nuts to install them because the ones that were welded on came off. So its ok to have the nuts come off, you can go to home depot or wherever and get new ones that just wont be welded on.

These hangers replace the stock ones without doing anything to the car so you can easily switch back to stock hangers if you want to.
I ended up grinding off both nuts and just got new nuts for both sides. Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #26
asirvr4
Private First Class
Oman
Rep
Drives: '06 M Coupe VRS Blue

For me the alignment was little bit difficult to do. Maybe DKF should provide detailed instructions of installation. The sound effect is very good, the drone inside cabin is reduced alot, I can hear my engine note now back and my RE diablo cat backs. My friend told me my car sounded nicer than before and little bit louder.
Appreciate 0