ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-26-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
BMW Maniac
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former Z4M coupe owner

Headlight removal as well as other question

I had issues with my passenger side headlight lamp going off and on. Well, I think I've found the issue....I was cleaning the headlights when I noticed that the passenger side is loose! So, has anyone removed one and knows how many screws/fasteners hold it in? I want to check and perhaps fix this myself. I plan to take it to the dealership anyways on Friday, but I don't want to be without a car for a whole day!

While I'm at.....BMW Free maintenance program. That includes Inspection I, correct? I figured inspection two is at 60k.

1999 /// M3 Convertible Techno Violet
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 12:04 AM   #2
ATX750i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Honda Civic Si

Garage List
2003 Z4 2.5i  [0.00]
7 gold colored screws under the bumper, the body clips on each side in the wheel wells, pull out on the upper portion of the wheel well where the bumper meets the fender and pull straight out. It takes some force but be patient. Once both sides are off, there are seven torx screws along the top of the bumper just under the hood. take those out last and then set the bumper down on the ground directly infront of the car. Unplug the foglights and set teh bumper down away from the car. There are 4 torx bolts that hold the headlamp in place. A quick and brief rundown of how to remove the front bumper. Search the DIY section for pics and a more detailed How-to. Best advice from experience is to be careful with the upper sides of the bumper when pulling them off the body clips, very difficult to remove them cause you think your gonna break them and you sometimes do but the clips arent very expensive. A few bucks each I think.

09' 2.0 Polished Metal Metallic Honda Civic Si - Current
Appreciate 0