ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-18-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
Beamer3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 M Roadster

Question How many M roadsters were made?

Hello to all.

I am a new member here.

I have just bought a 2008 M Roadster (white w/ red interior) and traded in my 1973 Jaguar series III V-12 E-Type. Now before the naysayers say I made a mistake, the Jag needed a paint job, new leather and alot of detailing. Also the M has given me more pleasure in 3 months than the Jag did in 30 years (mostly since it sat in the garage. I always afraid of a breadkdown far from home)...and damn, it leaked always some fluids....but it did get alot of smiles when people saw it.

I also have a 2009 550i as my everyday car and my wife drives a 2007 X3.

That being said, I would like to find out how many Z4 M Roadsters were manufactured and specifically 2008's. Since there will be no more ragtops I would like to know how many are out there. Despite being a loyal BMW customer, when I asked BMW for the answer I was told "they do not release production numbers".

Does anyone have this information or know how I can find out?

Thanks

Georgie
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2009, 10:43 PM   #2
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Try Pressing The F'ing Button.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 06:15 AM   #3
Beamer3
United_States
Rep

Exclamation Been There Done That!

I have searched and searched. If you have a link for my question it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
Spartiati
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
Try Pressing The F'ing Button.
You don't have to be a F'n D'k about it. I have been a memeber here for about 4 months and I have to say that you never have anything positive to add. I mean come on It's not like this forum gets a thousand threads a day. Would be nice to talk about something once in awhile instead of telling everyone to use the search button.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #5
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthre...ght=production

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 08:34 AM   #6
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartiati View Post
You don't have to be a F'n D'k about it. I have been a memeber here for about 4 months and I have to say that you never have anything positive to add. I mean come on It's not like this forum gets a thousand threads a day. Would be nice to talk about something once in awhile instead of telling everyone to use the search button.
It's not like this is the first time this topic has come up, and the more people learn to search for the info on their own the more informed they'll be. It's a win-win.

And you're entitled to your opinion. I could care less what you think about me

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

It'd be great if there were a handy source for that information, as often as it comes up...
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #8
BZZZE
Evil Clown
Rep
Drives: 2007 MZ4 Roadster

+1 Good idea! In fact, I will take your info and make a seperate thread title " Z4M production and other interest ing info", People can then post any other often asked Qs and facts. A moderator can make it a sticky that will be readily available.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #9
Z4Kevo
Private First Class
Rep

When someone comes up to me and asks me a question about BMW or the ///M I don't tell them to F off just because I have talked about before...and I doubt any of you guys do that either! Lol

I have actually tested the search function on here by searching for exact textual strings that I know exist in multiple posts...and you would be surprised how crappy it can be at times.

IMO this forum is not meant to be an encyclopedia for people to search endlessly...its a 'water cooler' of sorts for enthusiasts to get toether and talk about their passion...and people don't need to feel that if they ask an honest question (that they may have searched for) they are going to be flamed for it. That's no way to treat people on the same team. As Bimmer owners, let's be better than that.

2007 BMW Z4M Coupe | Sapphire Black | 19" ZCP Wheels | Michelin PSS - 245/285 | Carbon Leather
Black Corners | UUC Short Shifter | ///M Racing Pedals | OE Strut Brace | LED Accents | PEMP Android
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4Kevo View Post
When someone comes up to me and asks me a question about BMW or the ///M I don't tell them to F off just because I have talked about before...and I doubt any of you guys do that either! Lol

I have actually tested the search function on here by searching for exact textual strings that I know exist in multiple posts...and you would be surprised how crappy it can be at times.

IMO this forum is not meant to be an encyclopedia for people to search endlessly...its a 'water cooler' of sorts for enthusiasts to get toether and talk about their passion...and people don't need to feel that if they ask an honest question (that they may have searched for) they are going to be flamed for it. That's no way to treat people on the same team. As Bimmer owners, let's be better than that.
+1 We do have to treat each other on this forum with a more postive and friendly attitude rather than " JUST SEARCH U DUMB F***". We have little Z owners to start with and if we treat people who as qustion like this soon this forum will be gone.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #11
skikodiak
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

I'm glad you asked the question...

Beamer3, I'm glad you asked the question. I find the search engines on the forums don't always produce the results I'm looking for and I took your post as more of an introduction. I've owned a couple of Porsche's, a VW or two, several MB's, and an assortment of BMW's. Geez, let's see... a 80 320is, an 89 325ix, a 98 R1100 RSL, a 98 Z3 2.8 (which was the most fun car I had ever owned) and now an 06 Z4M Roadster (cuz I had so much fun in the Z3).

I once married a woman who kept calling my car a Beemer, I kept trying to convince her the motorcycle was a Beemer and the car was a Bimmer. I finally gave up and got rid of her..........

I'm having a blast in my 1 of 3042 M Roadsters in North America. So, enjoy your new ride! I had always heard that Lucas electrics were known as the prince of darkness.... Thanks for posting, I hope you get a friendlier response in the future. Mike
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 12:52 PM   #12
jamboMR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MR sold *sniff sniff*

+2, especially when they introduced themselves and asked politely. I hardly ever visit this place because there is next to no conversation going on. Killing the small amount of conversation that does spring up is not really the way to go.

Would love to see pics of the Jag Beamer3
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 09:08 PM   #13
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer3 View Post
That being said, I would like to find out how many Z4 M Roadsters were manufactured and specifically 2008's.
The total production has already been stated, but to answer the 2nd part of your question, there are 352 2008 Z4 M Roadsters in North America, which includes Canada and Mexico in case anyone's forgotten. There are 248 2008 Z4 M Coupes for the same territory.

What would be really cool is one of the Googlemaps showing where everyone's car is in general. I only know of 5 M Coupes in the Chicago area, 3 black and 2 white, and I've only seen one other on the road since the car was released.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 09:09 AM   #14
BZZZE
Evil Clown
Rep
Drives: 2007 MZ4 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
What would be really cool is one of the Googlemaps showing where everyone's car is in general. I only know of 5 M Coupes in the Chicago area, 3 black and 2 white, and I've only seen one other on the road since the car was released.
Yes, but the downside of that would be it being a the perfect blueprint for car thieves and a massive invasion of privacy. Nice thought though.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #15
Black///Mamba
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a beast

Quote:
It's not like this is the first time this topic has come up, and the more people learn to search for the info on their own the more informed they'll be. It's a win-win.

And you're entitled to your opinion. I could care less what you think about me
you're just annoying cuz adding "use the f'ing search button" adds nothing to the thread. either does this post. just felt like being a douche like you
      01-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #16
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black///Mamba View Post
you're just annoying cuz adding "use the f'ing search button" adds nothing to the thread. either does this post. just felt like being a douche like you

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 01:18 PM   #17
Black///Mamba
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a beast

Quote:
      01-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #18
drbvac
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M COUPE

Garage List
Respect and friendly interaction

My dear old nan used to say" if you got nothing good to say don't say nothin". It takes longer to get on here and make a derogatory remark than it does to not bother writing. I hope that everyone realizes for the newbies like myself there are no stupid questions - good thing some of the writers aren;t teachers cause they would be pretty frustrated!

Nothing will kill a forum quicker than this sort of stuff and many will delete messages that are not respectful and ban the perps.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #19
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

As my final post in this great thread I have a few things I'd like to say.

1. Yes, my first post rude.

2. I have nothing against anyone expressing their opinions about how they choose to be more polite I am.

3. Reverting to name calling is a special way of showing how intelligent you are, and I still don't care what you think of me.

To the OP...we don't normally act like this, unless someone calls someone else an idiot, than its ON!

Feel free to ask admin to lock it, delete or do nothing, doesn't matter to me.

I'm done

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #20
Spartiati
Private
Rep

Quote:
As my final post in this great thread I have a few things I'd like to say.

1. Yes, my first post rude.

Shows at least some signs of intelligence.

2. I have nothing against anyone expressing their opinions about how they choose to be more polite I am.

3. Reverting to name calling is a special way of showing how intelligent you are, and I still don't care what you think of me.

So telling someone to basically F-off for not performing a search is intelligent. (Presumably I guess because you wrote it and you are obviously intelligent)

To the OP...we don't normally act like this, unless someone calls someone else an idiot, than its ON!

Or when you basically tell someone to f-off for not performing a search. (Remember you started this, don't redirect blame)

Feel free to ask admin to lock it, delete or do nothing, doesn't matter to me.

I'm done

Good, since you had nothing constructive to say from the beggining (As many who have posted on this thread agree, not just me). It's amazing how bothersome a repeat thread is to you. Just ingore it, isn't that a better approach than wasting your time reponding? It's obvious you don't care what the rest of the world thinks of you and that's ok with me if you endevour to go through life like that. But I am sure you will encounter a similar reaction in the future when you disrespect other members. And for the record I'm sure most would agree that you have written anything that justifies you initial response to the OP.

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #21
HenningH
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive35is

So anyone interested in knowing how many Z4Ms there are in Norway ?
No ?

I tell you anyway
2 x coupe
3 x roadster
And only one in Imolared.....mine
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #22
rc'Z
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenningH View Post
So anyone interested in knowing how many Z4Ms there are in Norway ?
No ?

I tell you anyway
2 x coupe
3 x roadster
And only one in Imolared.....mine
I thought we were talking about Z's here not X's?
Appreciate 0