ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-17-2020, 09:54 PM   #1
Polarbert
English Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Eventuri Carbon Intake

I've owned my M Roadster for about five years now. And for longer than that since I lived in England I've always wanted a CSL airbox. Recently I began to look into getting one, but realised quickly that due to living California, although it has a lot of benefits, its a death sentence for modified cars. I seriously considered saving more and just making the change back every couple of years when I have to emissions test the car. Due to some of the more permanent alterations required it put me off.

I decided on a middle ground, and this past weekend fitted the Eventuri Carbon intake after ordering it through ECS tuning. It took me just over an hour to install it, being a bit of an idiot and not being able to easily fit the small air inlet they provide in the box. The good thing about it is that when it comes time to SMOG I should be able to fit the old airbox in a matter of minutes.

I'm very much familiar with the sound of the CSL airbox, and part of me still yearns for that. I just don't think living in a State with a nazi-esque view to car modifcation that its realistically possible. The Eventuri is a great substitute. Nowhere near as intoxicating or thrill inducing, but after installing it I was very much grinning with how noticeable the sound improvement is. It makes the engine louder and more aggressive, and really gives the S54 a bit more aggressions and purpose. It seems noticeable at all points of the rev range, although becomes less noticeable towards redline. Apparently its meant to add 12bhp, which I haven't really noticed. Its hard to tell but I think its slightly more responsive with how it picks up, but again it could all be placebo just due to how much louder it is.

I've been daily driving my car for five years now, and I'm kicking myself for missing out on the miles without this thing.

Its quite expensive for what it is. I always had in my head that I was going to go for the aFe intake for half the price, but something just drew me to the Eventuri. It would probably be better if it was just molded plastic instead of carbon fibre. Due to it costing less. But I don't mind that. I haven't had any buyers remorse and I'm enjoying the car all over again just because of the magical induction sound of the engine.

Excuse the dusty engine bay. We've had a lot of rain here recently and I hadn't had chance to get to it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Mirko182.00
      04-18-2020, 03:13 PM   #2
No_Dominion_2
AKA No_Dominion
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Garage List
The Eventuri intakes are quality pieces of kit, without a doubt. I enjoyed the sound immensely when I had one fitted. Changing/cleaning the filter can be a bit of a pain, but not so much as to be discouraging.

Easiest way I found to do it was just to unclamp the intake elbow where it meets up with the manifold, since that keeps everything else along the way lined up as it needs to be for proper fitment. Obviously you have to remove the MAF sensor and 13mm nut that secures the shield to the engine bay, but those are quick enough.

I would recommend changing/cleaning the filter every time you do an oil change (assuming you do it every 3-5K miles. The 6 hex screws that secure the shield/intake housing that clamp down to make a seal on the filter edges have the potential to rust tight, so keeping them in good condition is vital. Also, the seal gasket that fits between the cone filter and the housing can/will deteriorate with time.

It's a great product, but as with everything, there are things that are good to be aware of.

Hope you enjoy it!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 12:23 AM   #3
Polarbert
English Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster

Garage List
I appreciate the useful advice thanks very much.
Appreciate 0