ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-13-2008, 04:53 AM   #23
marcus1701
up all night
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3.0si, alpine white, auto, nav

Well it's bad when things happen to people, but honestly we all can look at your experience and learn from it. I to had the idea "that would never happen to me," and the sad thing is people are still not going to get it till something bad happens to them. What happened to you could have happened to anyone no matter what the horsepower.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 01:12 PM   #24
parkerbryan
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda

It really pisses me off to see some of the *** on here using the internet as a mask to fling some *** at this guy.

Firstly, you're lucky to be alive considering the damage to the car. I'd take a moment to reflect on that. Life can be taken in a heartbeat without warning.
Have respect for the power of a vehicle.
Secondly, hurray for great engineering and design.

Now, the first wave of replies are all great, most are from people posting here a long time. Good job.
Then I see replies from people like "mcoupe pwer".

The OP already took the irresponsible card at the beginning of his post.
He may have been inexperienced, but how many of you started out as an expert?

Instead of talking smack, how about acknowledge the man is lucky to be alive, and give him some protips. In other words, be constructive.

This does two things:
1. Makes you, the 'anonymous' internet poster, not look like a total egotistical ***, and a general failure at life.

2. Provides needed input to the OP, and possibly other viewers of the board, so that the road *can* be safer, and driven by educated individuals.

Ugh. I just had to get that off my chest.
Use your imagination for the censored words.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #25
paulmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: E32 740iAL

Meh, as Bryan said, OP is obviously very luck to be alive. Good old Bavarian engineering

However, I disagree with him about talking shit. What was said was duly said. OP was a moron. Seriously, who the fuck hoons it up in the fog with cold tires on a canyon rode? I don't care if you are inexperienced..how could anyone not have the proper logic to realize that doing that is a BAD idea.

And anyway, lol @ op and what he looks like. Looks like the typical punk who drives a BMW who is all lame about it, oh, hey, check me out, I have a BMW! lolz.

And protip OP: next time you decide to hoon it up when the roads are wet (or in any weather/conditions), atleast warm your tires up first with a little burnout. Also, take a performance driving class so you know how to properly drive, ergo, finding the apex/line, handling characteristics of a RWD car, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 11:01 PM   #26
Artz 330
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 335i, 135i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Holy Sh*t! Your lucky to be alive. Paulmer: relax, the kid made a mistake. I totaled my first car being stupid.. Life's a lesson, live and learn. I know plenty of guys "Including myself" that can "Hoon" it up and tear up a wet track - but doing so you need experience and training and tons of hours behind the wheel. The Coupe is a Raw performance car that you have to grab by the neck and really know how to use - I have 75,000 Miles on my 06 M Coupe and it can still throw surprises.
      12-14-2008, 02:17 AM   #27
Silverbeam
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
I think all drives should get to know their new cars well before playing around with them. Is there any good video on Advance driving for rear wheel drive cars?
You don't learn by watching, you learn by doing. People should get to know their cars and the best place to do that is on the track, not on the street.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 06:57 PM   #28
freshwhite335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991/RR Sport AB

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artz 330 View Post
Holy Sh*t! Your lucky to be alive. Paulmer: relax, the kid made a mistake. I totaled my first car being stupid.. Life's a lesson, live and learn. I know plenty of guys "Including myself" that can "Hoon" it up and tear up a wet track - but doing so you need experience and training and tons of hours behind the wheel. The Coupe is a Raw performance car that you have to grab by the neck and really know how to use - I have 75,000 Miles on my 06 M Coupe and it can still throw surprises.

75k??!! damn!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 04:55 AM   #29
Saebb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Unfortunately none

Well, I have a very divided opinion about this. On the one hand I am pretty lucky for you that you are alive (last service of your car for you ). On the other hand you should really consider taking a driver training. Your accident just happened because of not knowing how to react properly, you could have easily saved your live and your car. In spite of all the electronic assistance, 340hp on RWD are no ball game.

It was definately the hard way to learn, but consider yourself a lucky guy. You are alive with pretty minor wounding which is most important.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 04:06 AM   #30
scotia_steve74
Z4M Coupe
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4 M Coupe

I've had a few crashes but nothing like that!

Lucky man indeed and the most important thing is that nobody got hurt. Cars can be replaced and don't worry about that even though it might seem horrible, that's what insurance is for.

Maybe a bit of T-cut and it will look like new

Just kidding and glad that the car although tried to kill you did the right thing and saved your life...

May fit a roll cage to mine!

My car and bike photos - http://www.justhypemedia.com
Appreciate 0