ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
Swanicyouth
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Z4M w/ factory Nav,DSP, Bluethooth

Hey guys, I've been thinking about getting a Dice kit for some time now(Mediabridge 1500). Looking for someone out there that has a Z4 M with DSP, Nav, Bluetooth and a Dice.
A few questions about OUR cars and Dice: first even though car has DSP, I keep reading you don't need the DSP adapter in our model. Something about analog vrs digital DSP. I contacted two vendors and got different answers. Did you need the adapter with this setup?
Second, car has factory Bluetooth that works fine. Anyone use their Dice MediaBridge to stream music wirelessly to the stereo, but NOT use the Dice Bluetooth for their phone calls (use the factory set-up). In other words, can you just stream the music with Bluetooth through your stereo( and how good does it work?) and continue to use the BMW Bluetooth for phone calls that the car came with. Or, once the IPhone connects to the Dice via bluetooth it commands it to wirelessly handle both functions: phone calls and music streaming. Also, can you stream Internet radio from IPhone Apps like Sirius and Pandora?
----I'm trying to get info specific for a Z4 M with these options, not a BMW in general. Vendors give me different answers and my whole purpose for getting this set-up would be so I could put my IPhone in my pocket with no wires and stream both the IPod app and the Sirius App from the iPhone. Right now I'm using the factory AUX for this and it works fine - just want to get rid of the wires and having to add a mount someplace. If it streams wirelessly and you don't care about charging, can you just leave the MediaBridge 1500 in the trunk and not run the connection cable for IPhone into the cabin? Any other options to stream music wirelessly from an IPhone 4 through a Z4M stereo. Thanks so much in advance!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
psygnosis
Major
Rep
Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i Sport

The Nav, DSP, and BT options are not special to the M, these options can be set up the same on any other Z4 model of whatever comparable year.