ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-01-2015, 08:36 AM   #1
jjr
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0si

Cool Z4 Rubber Mats BMW vs Weathetech ? Which one

I'm looking at getting new floor mats and was wondering which of the obove would be better?

TIA
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 08:55 AM   #2
koruptor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr View Post
I'm looking at getting new floor mats and was wondering which of the obove would be better?

TIA
I have the OEM all weather mats and they work fine. I contacted Weathertech recently about two things: the OEM cargo liner that they supposedly manufactured, and the possibility of digital floor liners. They have no plans to manufacture either product. Their generic all weather mats look decent though.
      05-01-2015, 09:02 AM   #3
TexasZed4MC
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Z4 M Coupe

I have had a set f WeatherTech for my car about 2 years and they fit great, and work really well

Lone Star Chapter BMWCCA HPDE Event Chair, Texas Trifecta Event Chair, & BMWCCA driving Instructor
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 09:41 AM   #4
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

Quote:

TIA
I can't speak for the Weathertechs, but I've had both black and tan BMW-branded rubber/winter mats in three separate cars and - while they do a fine job of protecting the carpets below them - they tend to wear and discolor (especially the tan color) and don't look that great after a season or two.
No amount of washing seems to get them back to 'as new' shape.
Maybe the Weathertechs are more robust and durable?
      05-01-2015, 10:26 AM   #5
an3ony
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

You may have a different experience with Weathertechs but on my e92, the clutch pedal would catch the upper lip of the mat and move it out of position.

I've got the all-weather rubber mats and the "M" carpeted mats, I prefer the carpeted ones. *on my coupe

Last edited by an3ony; 05-01-2015 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: added the model vehicle
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 10:44 AM   #6
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

With weathertech you have to be careful to check on the design for the car.

Have a set in my Subi & they are great.
Have set in my Passat & they are terrible.
...fitment is good but the design is bad, it doesn't hold the snow & salty water (too shallow in a couple of places.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 12:27 PM   #7
MYovichZ4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i Roadster

Garage List
Quote:

TIA
jjr, you can drive down to Bolingbrook this Saturday and check out the WeatherTech's in person. They'll probably let you try them out in the car first to see how the fit is before you decide.

I have a set of the All-Weather in my wife's CTS and they are very form fitting and held up great over the last several Chicago winters. They're not as deep or stiff as the Floor-Liners, but they do hold enough liquid to have saved her interior more than once. They didn't have the FLs for the CTS until just recently.

BMW Z4 All-Weather Mats

CTS Coupe Floor Liner

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i Roadster / Silver Grey
BMW CCA 492691
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 12:38 PM   #8
jdoublehcubed
Mechanical Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR, Imola Red

I have a solution to the discoloration of the OEM rubber mats.

Wash them with this: (also works great on tire sidewalls)
http://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garage-...rubber+cleaner

Then condition them with this:
http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Mirro...er+conditioner

and they'll look like new.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 10:23 PM   #9
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

I have had three different sets of all weather mats. I first tried the OEM version. I always put my all weather mats over the carpet mats and with the OEM version it left nasty creases in the carpet mats. Also did not like the texture. Very difficult to clean and "sticky" to me with the matte finish.

Next I went with my go to mats : Loyds Rubbertite. The issue with these was the pattern is too short. My clutch pedal would catch the top of the mat and this was a no go.

Finally tried one I had not used before(Intro-Tech Hexomat): http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/75A2570A0A0.aspx and really like them. Excellent coverage(beyond the edges of the carpet mats and easy to clean).

Last edited by chickdr; 05-19-2015 at 10:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 11:06 PM   #10
koruptor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
I have had three different sets of all weather mats. I first tried the OEM version. I always put my all weather mats over the carpet mats and with the OEM version it left nasty creases in the carpet mats. Also did not like the texture. Very difficult to clean and "sticky" to me with the matte finish.

Next I went with my go to mats : Loyds Rubbertite. The issue with these was the pattern is too shirt. My clutch pedal would catch the top of the mat and this was a no go.

Finally tried one I had not used before(Intro-Tech Hexomat): http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/75A2570A0A0.aspx and really like them. Excellent coverage(beyond the edges of the carpet mats and easy to clean.
Have you tried the Hexomat cargo liners? If so, how well do they fit?
      05-02-2015, 07:46 AM   #11
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I have the OEM cargo liner which is excellent(not the same material as the floor mats). It was most certainly made by Weathertech as it looks just like their other products. Unfortunately they won't be making them again based on the earlier post. Based on how well the Hexomat floor mats fit I would suspect the cargo liner would be great, but won't have the raised lip - which I really like for a cargo area.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 10:59 PM   #12
GyroF-16
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Not impressed with fit of WeatherTech

I ordered some WeatherTech mats for my Z4MC two years ago, and was not impressed with the fit. I honestly can't remember the specifics, but it had to to with the fit around the accelerator.
I returned them and ordered OEM mats from the local dealer. They fit perfectly. And they were also made by WeatherTech (the name was on the back of the mats).

Gyro
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 11:47 PM   #13
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep
Drives: R8, 996 C2, Z4MR (sold)

Not sure if it's just mine but the OEMs don't seem to go all the way up to the seat's edge. Had them in my old Z4 with beige interior and the carpet would always get dirty because of the gap between the seat's edge and the mat.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 03:24 PM   #14
bmwzrrrr
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw z4 3.0 and 325it

OEM ones are good quality. Do get dirty easily if beige, so get black.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 08:41 PM   #15
bgeorge0049
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
Not sure if it's just mine but the OEMs don't seem to go all the way up to the seat's edge. Had them in my old Z4 with beige interior and the carpet would always get dirty because of the gap between the seat's edge and the mat.
I have this same issue with my carpeted mats too. Really annoying.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 05:51 AM   #16
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Does anyone besides me find it funny that with all the Made in the USA stuff Weather Tech touts, that they run a Porsche GT3 Cup car...
Attached Images

A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 04:40 PM   #17
trevor
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 and 2001 BMW 515i

Duh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by koruptor View Post
I have the OEM all weather mats and they work fine. I contacted Weathertech recently about two things: the OEM cargo liner that they supposedly manufactured, and the possibility of digital floor liners. They have no plans to manufacture either product. Their generic all weather mats look decent though.
Go with weathertech, no one likes the sound of rubber and you will hear it alot when it rains.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 10:57 PM   #18
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by txs2000 View Post
I have this same issue with my carpeted mats too. Really annoying.
The Hexomat's are actually longer than the stock mats which is a big plus to me. Very good coverage.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 11:55 AM   #19
TennesseeZ4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i; six speed manual

Mats

Took out the OEM mats for the future, and put in sisal mats from CocoMats.com. Mine is not a DD, and I don't have to make allowance for weather, but I am highly satisfied with the fit, finish and look of these mats. We have WeatherTech in our other vehicles, and have some interference with the Mercedes E350 mats on the drivers side. But to contain 'stuff' that we inherently bring into the vehicles, the WT works great. Attached are a couple of shots of the sisal / CocoMats.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 06:36 PM   #20
Kazansky
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by an3ony View Post
You may have a different experience with Weathertechs but on my e92, the clutch pedal would catch the upper lip of the mat and move it out of position.

I've got the all-weather rubber mats and the "M" carpeted mats, I prefer the carpeted ones. *on my coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by an3ony View Post

I have Weathertech in my 2006 Z4M and it awesome except for catching the upper lip with clutch. Did anyone figure out solution to this?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2022, 04:55 PM   #21
jhm5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i, 440i, Z4 MR, 2002

My "laser cut" Weathertech mats do NOT fit correctly in my M Roadster and I imagine the same problem would exist in the coupe. The cutout for the dead pedal is incorrect, not accounting for how the dead pedal is angled out toward the right toward the bottom. I'd say it's 2" off. I cut the mat a bit but it doesn't fit correctly. I should have sent them back. I'm referring to the mats, not the floor liners.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 07:25 PM   #22
valveguy
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 SI CPE 6SP Silber Gray

Just bought a Z4 coupe. Previous owner installed coco mats from these guys: https://www.cocomats.com/

They are awesome!
Appreciate 1