ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-04-2012, 02:07 AM   #23
dave-the-rave
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP View Post
As I noted the last time this was posted with that picture, the picture uses a re-badged Subaru car, thats not a Toyota... It kinda suggests a Subaru-BMW joint car for those people who are in the know...
The car in the picture is a Scion FR-S. Scion being Toyota's brand in the USA

the FR-S/BRZ/GT-86 are all the same car effectively, with minor tweaks
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #24
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
Major Fail on BMWs part. I will not support a partnership with Toyota, not because I'm a snob. I have other reasons.

It just pisses me off, that I don't have adequate income right now to dump my 335 and get a 3.6 L Cadillac ATS with magnetic ride suspension.

Oh well, it's good to have goals LOL
I drove that Caddy suspension on the Montecello NY race track... I love it... and cant afford it now either LOL
Wow, that must have been amazing! The closet premium to me is 100 miles away. But I'm sure a dealer here will get one soon.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #25
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloww22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggy
Major Fail on BMWs part. I will not support a partnership with Toyota, not because I'm a snob. I have other reasons.

It just pisses me off, that I don't have adequate income right now to dump my 335 and get a 3.6 L Cadillac ATS with magnetic ride suspension.

"Cadillac ATS 2.0L Turbo Loses Another Test Against BMW 328i, this Time by Car&Driver"

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/10/cadillac-ats-20l-turbo-loses-another.html?m=1
First off I said 3.6 not 2.0. And who cares what writers think, they'll never let another car beat BMW.

What's funniest is he states the ATS is more fun to drive, but it then loses due to little things like CUE. When idrive came out writers thought it was the most horrible thing, but BMW still one because it was more fun to drive. So now the BMW wins when it's less fun to drive. Strange.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #26
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Quote:

On what basis? You don't even provide a reason why you'd jump ship, it's ridiculous. But feel free to dump your 335i (which has nothing to do with this project) and get yourself a Cadillac then.... because of a project that non of us know anything about.

Maybe this will help John understand. BMW has not made a decision i agree with in quite some time, from runflats, to soft suspension, to start/stop, to building a plant in mex, to hybrids, to building everyday economy cars, and now partnering with Toyota.

Reason for jumping ship and wishing I could do it sooner then later? Quite obvious I think, especially now that their is a GREAT alternative.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #27
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liang
BMW cars are already becoming less and less dynamic. Their partnership with Toyota will result in a gutless hybrid appliance.
WORD!!
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #28
StevenY.
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' SG e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfan
yay!!!! we're gonna have a Pree-us-double-you. PriUsW
Haha. +1
      10-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #29
jdhiro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

I had a Toyota one time, and it was the biggest piece of trash ever. I never had to get an oil change in the car, because they had to replace the short block every <3,000 miles. Toyota just barely skirted under lemon law on the car for as long as possible, and I was stuck in a crap-box Carolla loaner for months.

The dealership sucked, could never give me good status, and apparently didn't know how to fix a car. Toyota corporate, despite flying techs from Japan to investigate my car, did absolutely NOTHING to appease me as a customer. They constantly gave me the run around, the dealer/corp pointed fingers at each other, and I was stuck in a crappy situation. All I wanted them to do was replace the car, instead of skirting around lemon law as much as they could. According to a friend who worked at the dealership, Toyota spent over $120,000 in parts and labor repairing my car repeatedly, but refused to do the right thing for me as a customer.

So ya, f*** Toyota. I'll never buy one of their products again and I'll do anything I can to prevent them from acquiring new customers. I'm disappointed that BMW went this route. Merc is over there working with Tesla on electric vehicles and BMW gets Toyota... woohoo.

2022 X3 M40i
E46 330i ZHP, E90, E89 Z4, F30 320i "Jalopnik Edition", F80 Comp, F80 CS
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #30
jdhiro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:

Maybe this will help John understand. BMW has not made a decision i agree with in quite some time, from runflats, to soft suspension, to start/stop, to building a plant in mex, to hybrids, to building everyday economy cars, and now partnering with Toyota.

Reason for jumping ship and wishing I could do it sooner then later? Quite obvious I think, especially now that their is a GREAT alternative.

Not sure about the "everyday economy cars" though. I can't find anything in the BMW that's "economy" compared to the Japanese or Korean competition. I would add FWD, and ///M SUVs to that list though...

2022 X3 M40i
E46 330i ZHP, E90, E89 Z4, F30 320i "Jalopnik Edition", F80 Comp, F80 CS
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #31
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I think by economy I meant cars that are small, and made for every day utilitarian purposes, and not for style, flare, or sportiness.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #32
M12Power
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblack4083 View Post
If this project comes to fruition, i hope they learn a lot from Porsche and their 918 Spyder. What i mean by that is i want no compromises...
The 918 Spyder will weigh about 1700 kg (about 3750 lbs), mostly due to its hybrid powertrain. I don’t know about you, but that’s definitely on the portly side as far as a hyper car is concerned. Imagine how much better it would be if it were at least 700 lbs lighter? Sure the hybrid powertrain may give you more power, but it’s offset by the extra weight (which leads to many negative effects), so what’s the point?

I read that the new Enzo may weigh just 1100 kg (about 2425 lbs). I’ll believe it when I see it...
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #33
M12Power
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S 6MT

I wish car companies could just stop jumping on the hybrid/electric car bandwagon. IMO it's not the solution for a more "green" motoring. Studies have shown that hybrid/electric vehicles are not necessarily more environmentally friendly than traditional petrol vehicles, and in fact, they're even worse in some cases. I think efforts would be better spent developing a non-carbon based, renewable alternative fuel that’s sustainable, burns cleanly, and is economically/environmentally friendly to produce.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #34
urbantoken
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i 6MT (E92)

Let's just pray that they don't ruin it by giving it a CVT!!!
Appreciate 0