ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #1
iZ4vel
Repair Member
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4 2.5i

TIME-SERT 1090 Kit BMW Z4, 3, and 5 Series Head Bolt Repair Kit M10X1.5

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hey guys,

I have a TIME-SERT 1090 Kit that comes with the guide plate to repair the head bolt threads on overheated/striped engine blocks. Works on M52 and M54 engines. Used once to repair my Z4 after it overheated and wouldn't hold torque. Worked perfectly and is in like new condition.

Here's the link where you can bid on it on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIME-SERT-10...d56a40&vxp=mtr

Description:

This kit was purchased from "Mechanics Tools & Bits" (Authorized Time-SertŪ Distributor) for $412.22 right here on eBay. I used this kit once to repair my 2003 BMW Z4. This kit repairs M52 & M54 BMW engine block threads. After BMW engines overheat, the aluminum block's threads commonly strip when applying torque to the cylinder head bolts. This kit is very easy to use and includes a steel block, guide, and guide pin to center drilling, tapping, and inserting new carbon steel thread inserts that are actually stronger than the engine block's aluminum threads. Since I only needed this kit once to repair my BMW, starting bid is over $150 LESS than the new kit. This TIME-SERT kit was made on 08/06/2012. Please do not confuse this kit with the kit that does not include the steel block, guide, and guide pin.

This kit is complete and in like new condition, has slight discoloration on the steel block guide from normal use (screwing the guide block to the engine with the included mounting screws). Fifteen (15) NEW original Time-SertŪ carbon steel inserts are included in this kit to completely repair the entire engine block's threads. You can also view a demonstration video of this kit on YouTube by simply searching "Timesert" and selecting the video titled "+TIME-SERT+ head bolt thread repair."

Shipping: Item will be shipped insured via USPS Priority Mail and a tracking number will be provided. Item will be shipped within 2 business days of payment.

Can send more pictures upon request. Please ask any questions you might have before you purchase. Thank you!

TIME-SERTŪ 1090 BMW 3 & 5 Series Head Bolt Thread Kit with plate M10 x 1.5

BMW 3 & 5 Series Head Bolt Thread Kit with plate M10 x 1.5 - Part # 1090

Head bolt fixture plate kit

This tooling will install a M10x1.5 insert 6mm deep in the block which is factory.

Commonly used in BMW 3 Series and 5 Series - Kit Contains 15 Inserts.

Time-Sert Driver Oil is to be used to lubricate the driver tool in the Time-Sert Kit.

Then screw the insert onto the prepared hole.

If doing deep hole repairs:
Lubricate the driver tool with Time-Sert driver oil.

ADVANTAGES WHICH ARE CONVINCING:

+TIME-SERTŪ is a solid bushing insert. This guarantees easy installation and allows for full load use of tapped hole, ensuring protection against stress and vibration.

+TIME-SERTŪ is thin walled due to synchronized internalexternal threads. Thin cross sectional area allows for installation in areas of limited space and clearance material.

+TIME-SERTŪ Positive Placement. Having a flange on the top of the insert will insure that the insert will have positive placement and cannot wind down into the newly repaired hole.

+TIME-SERTŪ is self locking. On installation the bottom internal threads of the insert are cold rolled to expand the mating external threads into the base material locking the insert in place. Locking mechanism is at the bottom of insert.

+TIME-SERTŪ thread repair system the ultimate way to repair threads in stripped or damaged holes.

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 01:33 AM   #2
iZ4vel
Repair Member
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4 2.5i

Less than 2 days left before auction ends.. bump
Appreciate 0