ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

326M wheels on my 06 3.0I and I to SI ECU on the way!

yep their on their way!!! purchased and being shipped as we speak.

can hardly wait! I will update this post as soon as I get them on and mounted. combine those 19" wheels with the big break kit it should look pretty sweet.

also I should be getting back my "I" to "Si" ecu swap here after the 5th of December. from what their telling me I will be running more Hp than that of an original US spec Si so I’m pretty siked.

I have two ECU's one stock and one tuned so I’ll be able to post before and after tunes on the same day so we will be able to see the real increase in power. we did this by getting an ECU from a wrecked SI wiping the vin coding and replacing it with my vin so all in all my car will think it’s a true Si, basically an engine swap in theory it is important that the doner ECU used has the same transmission type as your car.

I will keep you all posted. anybody interested in the details on the I to Si ecu swap please PM me. also for this tune to work you will need the Si 3 stage manifold mod.

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
v3.0si
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z4C 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
also I should be getting back my "I" to "Si" ecu swap here after the 5th of December. from what their telling me I will be running more Hp than that of an original US spec Si so I’m pretty siked.
a few questions for you...

1* who are you getting the ECU from?

2* if this is an "si" ECU, how is it releasing more power than what a true "si" has?

3* yours is an n52, correct?
      11-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
can hardly wait! I will update this post as soon as I get them on and mounted. combine those 19" wheels with the big break kit it should look pretty sweet.
baby jesus cries every time someone misspells brake as "break"

on a more serious note, are you doing bbk front and back or just front? either way, assuming you got someone to make custom brackets, do you think they'd be willing to sell to others, or mass produce?
      12-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
Quote:
baby jesus cries every time someone misspells brake as "break"

on a more serious note, are you doing bbk front and back or just front? either way, assuming you got someone to make custom brackets, do you think they'd be willing to sell to others, or mass produce?

Hey sorry dubb I type with my phone half the time so my phone takes my typos and dropped in what it thinks I meant, my bad

As far as a BBK I'm custom making my own set front and rear, I will be able to use the z4 M rotors or aftermarket two peice rotors front to back when I'm done I also had to contact Goodrich to have a custom brake lines made. I'll keep y'all posted, this will be this winters project but all in all a very cost effective way of getting the brakes to work for under a grand. Just got back into the country from vacation so I have to get with ESS on the ECU modification and hopefully the SI tune will work properly when I fire it up..... Fingers crossed. Again this will be a true tuned SI map for the I not a tuned I map so from what I'm told a 15hp gain over SI numbers is possible but I'm holding off till I see the numbers. I'm really excited to see what happens. I was told the SI ecu was destroyed but the map was able to be pulled of the chip so I'm down to 1 ecu again .

By the way would you guys recommend HR coil overs or springs ? Don't want to car to get as harsh as my mini and would like the feeling to be as close to stock as possible as this is the daily driver now that I sold the smart car.

Later guys.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3.0si View Post
Quote:
also I should be getting back my "I" to "Si" ecu swap here after the 5th of December. from what their telling me I will be running more Hp than that of an original US spec Si so IÂ’m pretty siked.
a few questions for you...

1* who are you getting the ECU from?

2* if this is an "si" ECU, how is it releasing more power than what a true "si" has?

3* yours is an n52, correct?

1: ESS, this is a custom job I've been working with them on, at the moment it's not a thing they sell. Im getting the ECU back this week so i will be able to test and send back if their is any issues. Also we at this time only have the programming for an "I" N52 with an auto trans, in order to get tuned SI programming for a manual "I" we still need an ECU from a manual SI Z.

2: it's the stock SI map but tuned from ESS and their tuned software has shown yields of around 15hp more. And now made to work on my custom "I-SI" map.

3: yes N52.

Again in order for this to work you will need to have the 3 stage manifold.
Appreciate 0