ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-31-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
scostu
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Baltimore Schools to Police: You Canít Carry Guns Here

WTF????......I had no clue this was already in effect....

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...rry-guns-here/
      01-31-2019, 06:55 PM   #2
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I'd say good luck with that dont call us next time a shooting happens and you need help.
Appreciate 8
scostu1427.00
ItsGary1391.00
Delta03117408.00
MKSixer24960.50
King Rudi8166.50
arkie6383.50

01-31-2019, 07:08 PM   #3
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Toronto had School Resource Officers for about 10 years up until last year when BLM pushed to have them removed. Students and parents were polled, less than 10% said they felt less safe with the police in the school so of course they were asked to leave by the school board....just batshit crazy.
Appreciate 6
      01-31-2019, 08:49 PM   #4
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

And if there happens to be a mass shooting or some other type of violent crime at one of the safe spaces they'll be ones screaming where the hell were the armed police dept and lawsuits galore will start. Idiots
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.Ē Samuel Adams
Appreciate 9
Delta03117408.00
MKSixer24960.50
scostu1427.00
King Rudi8166.50
arkie6383.50

02-01-2019, 06:05 AM   #5
cmyx6go
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I'd say good luck with that dont call us next time a shooting happens and you need help.
Active shooter at the school, police are already on site. Ahh, but wait. Let me go to the precinct or headquarters or whatever they call it in MD and get my gun.

I just don't get this madness. When did this country get so anti law enforcement. It's pretty sad.
Appreciate 7
Delta03117408.00
MKSixer24960.50
scostu1427.00
King Rudi8166.50
arkie6383.50

02-01-2019, 06:22 AM   #6
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Libs doing what they can to protect kids from guns. Got to protect the kids. Well unless they are in the womb, in that case we must protect the womans right to choose; no matter what trimester she happens to be in.
Appreciate 4
N54Yankee2668.00
MKSixer24960.50
King Rudi8166.50

02-01-2019, 07:28 AM   #7
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Armed guards in schools is a bandaid fix that doesn't address the root of the problem.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 07:33 AM   #8
cmyx6go
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Armed guards in schools is a bandaid fix that doesn't address the root of the problem.
But if they are already there, why not allow them to carry their firearms?
Appreciate 4
MKSixer24960.50
King Rudi8166.50

02-01-2019, 07:34 AM   #9
N55Jamaican
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Libs doing what they can to protect kids from guns. Got to protect the kids. Well unless they are in the womb, in that case we must protect the womans right to choose; no matter what trimester she happens to be in.
From my understanding it seems its the GUNS they are protecting not the kids

02-01-2019, 07:44 AM   #10
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
But if they are already there, why not allow them to carry their firearms?
They were never allowed to carry guns on school property. Bill HB31 would have overturned a previous ban on school police officers carrying guns in school. It was voted down 10-0.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 08:10 AM   #11
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Which is?
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2019, 08:17 AM   #12
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Perhaps, but having a police officer in schools has proved to have many benefits in Ontario (GTA). And by departmental procedure and work place safety legislation a police officer is require to carry all of his/her use of force equipment.

And until the problems are solved and they are many and complex what's the harm of the "band aid solution" of having police resource officers?
Appreciate 1
scostu1427.00

02-01-2019, 08:17 AM   #13
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Which is?
I don't know...maybe undiagnosed/untreated mental illness combined with easy access to firearms?

What do you think the problem is?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 08:25 AM   #14
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Perhaps, but having a police officer in schools has proved to have many benefits in Ontario (GTA). And by departmental procedure and work place safety legislation a police officer is require to carry all of his/her use of force equipment.

And until the problems are solved and they are many and complex what's the harm of the "band aid solution" of having police resource officers?
So when and how do we address the problem? There are no armed guards in any of the schools in my area. When I was in school there was no armed guards...what changed?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 08:31 AM   #15
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
So when and how do we address the problem? There are no armed guards in any of the schools in my area. When I was in school there was no armed guards...what changed?
I don't know where you went to school and assume it was a few years ago, but in many large cities the police and boards of ed. have had school resource officers for well over a decade and the benefits have been show time and again. In a few small activist boards there has been a backing away from this model and usually based on a minority view. The boards of ed and governments have had decades to fix the problems in society that get manifested in schools and haven't been able to, in fact the problems have become worse. The police and boards of ed who have chosen the police resource officer model have seen some positive results so perhaps its a step in the right direction.

If you have solutions to all these big complex problems I'd be glad to hear them, but it's certain that the solution shouldn't come solely from the police. After all the roll of the police isn't to solve all of society's woes.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 08:54 AM   #16
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
I don't know where you went to school and assume it was a few years ago, but in many large cities the police and boards of ed. have had school resource officers for well over a decade and the benefits have been show time and again. In a few small activist boards there has been a backing away from this model and usually based on a minority view. The boards of ed and governments have had decades to fix the problems in society that get manifested in schools and haven't been able to, in fact the problems have become worse. The police and boards of ed who have chosen the police resource officer model have seen some positive results so perhaps its a step in the right direction.

If you have solutions to all these big complex problems I'd be glad to hear them, but it's certain that the solution shouldn't come solely from the police. After all the roll of the police isn't to solve all of society's woes.
Where are the benefits you speak of? It seems the benefits are being promoted by the police...a bit self serving. Isn't Peel region looking at doing away with these officers as well? Hardly a "small activist board". Maybe the funding for these officers should be applied to other areas within the schools?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 09:07 AM   #17
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Where are the benefits you speak of? It seems the benefits are being promoted by the police...a bit self serving. Isn't Peel region looking at doing away with these officers as well? Hardly a "small activist board". Maybe the funding for these officers should be applied to other areas within the schools?
Peel isn't stopping the program as they, the board, parents and police service deemed it's benefits outweighed the small group who wanted it stopped.

And as I mentioned, the survey in Toronto had in excess of 80% support from students and parents but once again the activists were appeased. And I may have mis-spoke when I said TDSB was an activist board, although clearly left leaning I actually think the board caved to the activist but there is much speculation as to whether the board wanted to stop the program, caved to pressure or whatever.

The vast majority of the kids in Toronto polled said they felt safer with police officers in the school. Other benefits are that this model helps to build positive relations between at risk communities and the police. Other than the anti-police sentiment there wasn't a single example of this program being negative.

There has never been an example of community policing when done property has a negative impact on community safety, the group that complains which was made up of folks who's only view of a solution would likely be to completely eliminate police from the face of the earth (perhaps an exaggeration but they have never offered a solution just complaint).
Appreciate 2
Delta03117408.00
MKSixer24960.50

02-01-2019, 09:38 AM   #18
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
You sir, win the internet today. Congratulations.

When will people realize that Gun Free Zones = Criminal Safe Zones...hell, lets just rename them that. Criminal Safe Zones.

This is just as stupid as saying that teachers can't use books or computers in class to teach. Who even thinks up this stupid crap. It's officially over for us as a country if this becomes the norm.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 4
Delta03117408.00
King Rudi8166.50
arkie6383.50

02-01-2019, 09:43 AM   #19
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
I don't know...maybe undiagnosed/untreated mental illness combined with easy access to firearms?

What do you think the problem is?
I think the problem is a complete lack of discipline in raising kids. The helicopter parenting, participation trophy culture mollycoddling them until they become entitled brats who can't solve social problems and decide to go somewhere and shoot up the place or stab someone or worse.

The guns aren't the problem. Raising entitled brats who can't cope is.
Reagan was right. We need an alien attack.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 5
Delta03117408.00
cmyx6go4645.50
King Rudi8166.50
arkie6383.50

02-01-2019, 10:10 AM   #20
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I think the problem is a complete lack of discipline in raising kids. The helicopter parenting, participation trophy culture mollycoddling them until they become entitled brats who can't solve social problems and decide to go somewhere and shoot up the place or stab someone or worse.

The guns aren't the problem. Raising entitled brats who can't cope is.
Reagan was right. We need an alien attack.
I think you are on the right track. There certainly is a discipline problem with some kids these days.

I had a situation with my son the other day who is in grade 2. He goes to an after school program where there are kids from grade 1-5. Some of the kids were playing some sort of board game or something, my son won the game and one of the older boys in grade 5 didn't know how to handle the loss and ended up hitting my son on the head.

Needless to say when I picked him up I was not impressed. I confronted the father of the other boy and could instantly tell the kind of parent I was dealing with...one of those 'everyones a winner types'. Long story short, a report was filed with the school board on the other kid and I instructed my boy to smack the next kid in the mouth why tries to hurt him.

So now that the older boy has been reported actions will be taken to adjust his behaviour. What happens to the kids who have similar issues but are never uncovered, get older and then have easy access to weapons? Maybe there needs to be some sort of mental screening in schools?
Appreciate 1
MKSixer24960.50

02-01-2019, 10:21 AM   #21
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
I think you are on the right track. There certainly is a discipline problem with some kids these days.

I had a situation with my son the other day who is in grade 2. He goes to an after school program where there are kids from grade 1-5. Some of the kids were playing some sort of board game or something, my son won the game and one of the older boys in grade 5 didn't know how to handle the loss and ended up hitting my son on the head.

Needless to say when I picked him up I was not impressed. I confronted the father of the other boy and could instantly tell the kind of parent I was dealing with...one of those 'everyones a winner types'. Long story short, a report was filed with the school board on the other kid and I instructed my boy to smack the next kid in the mouth why tries to hurt him.

So now that the older boy has been reported actions will be taken to adjust his behaviour. What happens to the kids who have similar issues but are never uncovered, get older and then have easy access to weapons? Maybe there needs to be some sort of mental screening in schools?
Perhaps but how?

I know you and I aren't on the same page as far as corporeal punishment goes but the kid you described needed it, badly.

I had a similar experience when my daughter was in 2nd grade. I instructed my daughter to punch him in the nose. The next time he tried to pick on her, she popped him and bloodied his nose. The school administrators called me in to, "have a chat about my daughter's unacceptable behavior". I told them that he is a know bully and that IDGAF who the parents were but my child would not be prey. I then jumped all over them about mollycoddling this little darling. They said that wasn't my business and I told them it was because they weren't fulfilling the principle of, "in loco parentis" and if they weren't going to take care of my daughter, I would teach her to take care of herself.

The kid stopped preying on my daughter but continued his bullying activities until the parents were requested to move him to another school at the end of the year. Utter failure on their part.

Appreciate 2
      02-01-2019, 10:25 AM   #22
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Perhaps but how?

I know you and I aren't on the same page as far as corporeal punishment goes but the kid you described needed it, badly.

I had a similar experience when my daughter was in 2nd grade. I instructed my daughter to punch him in the nose. The next time he tried to pick on her, she popped him and bloodied his nose. The school administrators called me in to, "have a chat about my daughter's unacceptable behavior". I told them that he is a know bully and that IDGAF who the parents were but my child would not be prey. I then jumped all over them about mollycoddling this little darling. They said that wasn't my business and I told them it was because they weren't fulfilling the principle of, "in loco parentis" and if they weren't going to take care of my daughter, I would teach her to take care of herself.

The kid stopped preying on my daughter but continued his bullying activities until the parents were requested to move him to another school at the end of the year. Utter failure on their part.
I have taught my kids to defend themselves as most often there won't be anyone around to do it for them. I've also told them to run when it's the most appropriate thing to do. They have been bullied, once. After that they were left alone.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer24960.50
David0ff962.00