ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-01-2019, 10:37 AM   #23
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Perhaps but how?

I know you and I aren't on the same page as far as corporeal punishment goes but the kid you described needed it, badly.

I had a similar experience when my daughter was in 2nd grade. I instructed my daughter to punch him in the nose. The next time he tried to pick on her, she popped him and bloodied his nose. The school administrators called me in to, "have a chat about my daughter's unacceptable behavior". I told them that he is a know bully and that IDGAF who the parents were but my child would not be prey. I then jumped all over them about mollycoddling this little darling. They said that wasn't my business and I told them it was because they weren't fulfilling the principle of, "in loco parentis" and if they weren't going to take care of my daughter, I would teach her to take care of herself.

The kid stopped preying on my daughter but continued his bullying activities until the parents were requested to move him to another school at the end of the year. Utter failure on their part.
The other kid certainly needs to be disciplined at home but I guess if the kid was taught the right way to behave from the jump, there would be no need for corporeal punishment.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer24884.50

02-01-2019, 10:49 AM   #24
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

How do I insert that Gillette ad?
Appreciate 3
King Rudi8066.50
MKSixer24884.50
scostu1416.50

02-01-2019, 10:50 AM   #25
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Perhaps but how?

I know you and I aren't on the same page as far as corporeal punishment goes but the kid you described needed it, badly.

I had a similar experience when my daughter was in 2nd grade. I instructed my daughter to punch him in the nose. The next time he tried to pick on her, she popped him and bloodied his nose. The school administrators called me in to, "have a chat about my daughter's unacceptable behavior". I told them that he is a know bully and that IDGAF who the parents were but my child would not be prey. I then jumped all over them about mollycoddling this little darling. They said that wasn't my business and I told them it was because they weren't fulfilling the principle of, "in loco parentis" and if they weren't going to take care of my daughter, I would teach her to take care of herself.

The kid stopped preying on my daughter but continued his bullying activities until the parents were requested to move him to another school at the end of the year. Utter failure on their part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
The other kid certainly needs to be disciplined at home but I guess if the kid was taught the right way to behave from the jump, there would be no need for corporeal punishment.
Just to give the pot a stir this morning.....

In Canada Section 43 of the Criminal Code says:

Every schoolteacher, parent or person standing in the place of a parent is justified in using force by way of correction toward a pupil or child, as the case may be, who is under his care, if the force does not exceed what is reasonable under the circumstances.

Having said this school boards for the most part forbid this......maybe this needs a rethink. I do remember getting the strap a few times in the day and I don't think I'm damaged badly by it....Mr. Roboto take your best shot.

Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 02-01-2019 at 10:58 AM..
Appreciate 2
MKSixer24884.50
N54Yankee2668.00

02-01-2019, 10:59 AM   #26
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
I think the problem is a complete lack of discipline in raising kids. The helicopter parenting, participation trophy culture mollycoddling them until they become entitled brats who can't solve social problems and decide to go somewhere and shoot up the place or stab someone or worse.

The guns aren't the problem. Raising entitled brats who can't cope is.
Reagan was right. We need an alien attack.
Very much this!
Appreciate 1
MKSixer24884.50

02-01-2019, 11:08 AM   #27
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
So when and how do we address the problem? There are no armed guards in any of the schools in my area. When I was in school there was no armed guards...what changed?
i have a feeling you went to school in a better area than Baltimore...

you know, a city that is top 5 consistently in violent crime rate and homicide rate in the country...

by comparison, the highest homicide rate for a city in canada was ~4/100k. Baltimore is 50+ and the USA national average is 4.9

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 2
      02-01-2019, 11:16 AM   #28
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Most of these kids come from broken homes. Who's there to discipline them when they are being raised by a single mom that is not much more mature than they are. I take it you never attended a inner city school.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 11:17 AM   #29
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

These are just the ďtrendsĒ right now with communities, boards, groups taking an anti police stance. The pendulum will eventually swing back at some point. These cycles are common for Law Enforcement, but I will say in recent years it has gotten worse.
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2019, 11:36 AM   #30
Pinscher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
Wouldn't it be interesting if a single state in the united states just banned gun owner ship all together?

I was just thinking about how a shoot out in a bar would play out if everyone had a gun.

There would be a lot of dead people instead of just the gunners and target of the gunners.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 11:38 AM   #31
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Two "needs" and an "if". The objective reality is that kids aren't disciplined at home and become massive problems because of the aforementioned challenges I delineated. They are taught, through tacit reinforcement, that bad behavior is unacceptable.

The impact on our society is deadly and school shootings are only one of the manifestations of this greater problem.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
      02-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #32
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Most of these kids come from broken homes. Who's there to discipline them when they are being raised by a single mom that is not much more mature than they are. I take it you never attended a inner city school.
It's not just this demographic.

I went on 2 dates with a WASP who lived in a 4,000 sq ft McMansion and had one son. She absolutely didn't discipline him for anything and actually hit her when we were on the phone together. I said something about it during our second date and she blew a gasket. I guess saying that, "I'll be looking for your son at a school shooting in the future unless you teach him to control himself", isn't the best way to ingratiate yourself with a lady.

He was a little s@#t and he'll end up hurting someone in the future.

Cheers-mk

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
      02-01-2019, 11:52 AM   #33
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:

I went on 2 dates with a WASP who lived in a 4,000 sq ft McMansion and had one son. She absolutely didn't discipline him for anything and actually hit her when we were on the phone together. I said something about it during our second date and she blew a gasket. I guess saying that, "I'll be looking for your son at a school shooting in the future unless you teach him to control himself", isn't the best way to ingratiate yourself with a lady.

Cheers-mk
Don't get me started on that. A buddy of my who also grew up in Newark lives in a McMansion. House has a pool, a basketball court, and what ever the fuck else you might want. Kids are fucking spoiled rotten. On Christmas the son was bitching because within the billion or so gifts he got, he did not get the Gucci t-shirt he wanted. Bastard is 12 years old the fuck does he need a $200 t-shirt for. Growing up if you got a NES cartridge and a pair of Nikes during Christmas you were the man. And my buddy is pretty much like "i want to give my kids the life we always wanted when we were growing up".

Issue is two fold. You got kids raised with no real parents and lack discipline.
Then you got kids raised in a massive luxury overdose that feel society should bend over backwards for them.

Last edited by Delta0311; 02-01-2019 at 11:57 AM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer24884.50

02-01-2019, 12:22 PM   #34
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Perhaps but how?

Just to give the pot a stir this morning.....

In Canada Section 43 of the Criminal Code says:

Every schoolteacher, parent or person standing in the place of a parent is justified in using force by way of correction toward a pupil or child, as the case may be, who is under his care, if the force does not exceed what is reasonable under the circumstances.

Having said this school boards for the most part forbid this......maybe this needs a rethink. I do remember getting the strap a few times in the day and I don't think I'm damaged badly by it....Mr. Roboto take your best shot.
My point is if the kids were raised properly in the beginning (as yours were) there would be no need for the strap. Right?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 12:26 PM   #35
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
I did attend inner city schools when I was young thanks. Did you?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 12:30 PM   #36
Shiza
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinscher View Post
Wouldn't it be interesting if a single state in the united states just banned gun owner ship all together?

I was just thinking about how a shoot out in a bar would play out if everyone had a gun.

There would be a lot of dead people instead of just the gunners and target of the gunners.
So you think that the odds are better for everyone if they are unarmed? What if all unarmed individuals are the targets of the shooter?

Where is the logic?

I'd rather have an equal playing field than become another statistic.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 12:34 PM   #37
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

What if you are the target of gunman, you willing to be that sacrificial lamb?
Appreciate 1
Delta03117408.00

02-01-2019, 12:34 PM   #38
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I did attend inner city schools when I was young thanks. Did you?
Yup from 2nd to 11th grade.. In Newark, NJ.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent14122.00
MKSixer24884.50

02-01-2019, 12:41 PM   #39
cmyx6go
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:

If everyone had a gun, chances are there wouldn't be a shootout in the bar. Equal balance of fear. The criminals are going to target the defenseless and not someone equally armed.

And, if a single state banned gun ownership, the criminals would be the only ones with guns.
Appreciate 5
Delta03117408.00
MKSixer24884.50
Run Silent14122.00
arkie6383.50

02-01-2019, 12:42 PM   #40
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
My point is if the kids were raised properly in the beginning (as yours were) there would be no need for the strap. Right?
"If" is a very big word.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer24884.50

02-01-2019, 12:45 PM   #41
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Cheers-mk
In my experience you should've waited until after the third date......
Appreciate 1
MKSixer24884.50

02-01-2019, 12:46 PM   #42
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
My point is that they are not. Should the strap now be applied at school? The answer is yes. An emphatic yes.

Appreciate 1
      02-01-2019, 12:47 PM   #43
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Do you think the criminals will go along with the ban, you know for the greater good?
Appreciate 5
cmyx6go4600.50
Delta03117408.00
Run Silent14122.00
MKSixer24884.50
arkie6383.50

02-01-2019, 12:47 PM   #44
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
In my experience you should've waited until after the third date......
Not if the deal was closed...um, earlier?

Appreciate 2