ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-21-2019, 04:09 PM   #1057
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
7209
Rep
14,162
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Fam Bam wanted burgers Saturday night so here's how I do mine!




__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 04:11 PM   #1058
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
7209
Rep
14,162
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

for Sunday night...STEAK TIME!




__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 04:27 PM   #1059
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Sassicaia's Avatar
Canada
3694
Rep
3,176
Posts

Drives: SMB F80 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

let me trying posting this again..

fired up the bakerstone this weekend (sorry dont know why images are uploading sideways)
Attached Images
     
Appreciate 1
P1et6696.50

      05-21-2019, 04:40 PM   #1060
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
798
Rep
256
Posts

Drives: ZL1, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
let me trying posting this again..

fired up the bakerstone this weekend (sorry dont know why images are uploading sideways)
Looks good.

How long does it take to cook?

What temp does it get up to?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 04:40 PM   #1061
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Sassicaia's Avatar
Canada
3694
Rep
3,176
Posts

Drives: SMB F80 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
Looks good.

How long does it take to cook?
3-5 minutes. It gets VERY hot in that oven.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 04:44 PM   #1062
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Sassicaia's Avatar
Canada
3694
Rep
3,176
Posts

Drives: SMB F80 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Here is the pizza doe recipes if anyone is interested. Its very easy



415 grams flour (00) see picture for best choice
9 grams salt
270 grams water
1.5 grams of fresh yeast, or 1 gram of dry
Olive oil for coating.

Tap water should be 65 F.
Add yeast to water and stir to combine

Combine flour and salt

Make a well in a mixing bowl and combine flour/salt to water.

Mix roughly with a spoon to combine.
Then put the bowl in.a stand mixer with a dough hook and mix on medium speed for 7.5 mins.

Dust work surface with flour and shape the dough into a ball.

Put the dough in a bowl and cover with a towel and let ferment for 6/8 hours, better 8 if you want to use it tomorrow.
Make sure the room is around 65 F.

Use a scale and divide the dough into 3 230 gram balls, or 2 bigger ones if you like larger pizzas.

Put oil on your hands and cover the balls and transfer to the fridge and let rest for 30 mins uncovered.

Then either cover with an airtight lid, or wrap individually with cling film and rest overnight in the fridge.

30 mins before you are ready to make the pizzas, take them out and rest on a floured surface before shaping.

Stretch into the pies on a floured surface and make your pizzas!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 04:51 PM   #1063
bimmer456
Major General
2160
Rep
5,579
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
let me trying posting this again..

fired up the bakerstone this weekend (sorry dont know why images are uploading sideways)
Send me amazon link for bbq pizza oven.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 04:54 PM   #1064
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Sassicaia's Avatar
Canada
3694
Rep
3,176
Posts

Drives: SMB F80 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Send me amazon link for bbq pizza oven.
https://www.bakerstonebox.com/

its really inexpensive.

homedepot is the easiest place to get it.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 05:18 PM   #1065
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
798
Rep
256
Posts

Drives: ZL1, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Here is the pizza doe recipes if anyone is interested. Its very easy



415 grams flour (00) see picture for best choice
9 grams salt
270 grams water
1.5 grams of fresh yeast, or 1 gram of dry
Olive oil for coating.

Tap water should be 65 F.
Add yeast to water and stir to combine

Combine flour and salt

Make a well in a mixing bowl and combine flour/salt to water.

Mix roughly with a spoon to combine.
Then put the bowl in.a stand mixer with a dough hook and mix on medium speed for 7.5 mins.

Dust work surface with flour and shape the dough into a ball.

Put the dough in a bowl and cover with a towel and let ferment for 6/8 hours, better 8 if you want to use it tomorrow.
Make sure the room is around 65 F.

Use a scale and divide the dough into 3 230 gram balls, or 2 bigger ones if you like larger pizzas.

Put oil on your hands and cover the balls and transfer to the fridge and let rest for 30 mins uncovered.

Then either cover with an airtight lid, or wrap individually with cling film and rest overnight in the fridge.

30 mins before you are ready to make the pizzas, take them out and rest on a floured surface before shaping.

Stretch into the pies on a floured surface and make your pizzas!
Looks like a solid recipe.

It is surprising how much of a difference 00 flour makes over even bread flour.

If you start messing around with fresh milled flour you won't believe what a difference it makes.
Appreciate 1
Sassicaia3693.50

      05-21-2019, 05:21 PM   #1066
bimmer456
Major General
2160
Rep
5,579
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Send me amazon link for bbq pizza oven.
https://www.bakerstonebox.com/

its really inexpensive.

homedepot is the easiest place to get it.
It's $128 at Home Depot but it's out of stock.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 05:33 PM   #1067
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Sassicaia's Avatar
Canada
3694
Rep
3,176
Posts

Drives: SMB F80 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
It's $128 at Home Depot but it's out of stock.
You should be able to order direct from bakerstone.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 05:44 PM   #1068
bimmer456
Major General
2160
Rep
5,579
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
It's $128 at Home Depot but it's out of stock.
You should be able to order direct from bakerstone.
Looks like it comes with the pizza spatula at Lowe's. Also out of stock though. Not sure if you can order direct from the mobile site maybe need the desktop version or someone in the Amazon marketplace.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 06:17 PM   #1069
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Sassicaia's Avatar
Canada
3694
Rep
3,176
Posts

Drives: SMB F80 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Looks like it comes with the pizza spatula at Lowe's. Also out of stock though. Not sure if you can order direct from the mobile site maybe need the desktop version or someone in the Amazon marketplace.
it should come with both the pizza spatula and wooden peel as standard.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 12:46 PM   #1070
TrevorM3
Major General
2145
Rep
6,698
Posts

Drives: 6.3 AMG
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

lsturbo, post 988, teach me.....
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 12:58 PM   #1071
12v_dub
Second Lieutenant
12v_dub's Avatar
United_States
205
Rep
222
Posts

Drives: 18' M40i
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (2)

Did a bird on JoeTisserie over the last weekend. Came out amazing







View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 4
upstatedoc4342.50
bimmer4562159.50
P1et6696.50

      05-22-2019, 01:38 PM   #1072
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
9984
Rep
8,496
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Fam Bam wanted burgers Saturday night so here's how I do mine!
Ground sirloin?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 02:40 PM   #1073
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
7209
Rep
14,162
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Ground sirloin?
I believe so. there's actually 2 varieties that Sams Club sells and maybe you guys can tell me the difference. one says sirloin while the other says angus. arent' they both the same? prices are about $1 difference
__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 02:50 PM   #1074
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
7209
Rep
14,162
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
lsturbo, post 988, teach me.....
pretty much you can use whatever meat you like. I use kosher salt and let it tenderize for about 1.5 hours in the refrigerator. than wash it off and pad dry with a paper towel. than whatever seasoning you like. my family likes Applewood Rub and or Montreal/Chicago steak seasoning. on a very hot grill 2 minutes than turn 180 the other way to get the grill lines for another 2 minutes. flip them bad boys over and repeat. lower the heat on half the grill, turn the other burners off and let the meat cook on the cold side until you're desired likings. for me I find it takes about 12 min total for a medium cook steak.

__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 2
upstatedoc4342.50
nyalpine906068.00

      05-22-2019, 03:25 PM   #1075
Alfisti
Lieutenant Colonel
1382
Rep
1,507
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Barbarians is the best steak seasoning, brings out the flavour without the terrible over-black peppered taste most steak seasonings have.

http://www.barberians.com/steak-spice/
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2019, 03:34 PM   #1076
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
7209
Rep
14,162
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Barbarians is the best steak seasoning, brings out the flavour without the terrible over-black peppered taste most steak seasonings have.

http://www.barberians.com/steak-spice/
awesome! was about to order it from Amazon but shipping is ridiculous! $17.48

anyone else have recommendations for some pretty good steak seasoning?
__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 05:44 PM   #1077
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
9984
Rep
8,496
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
I believe so. there's actually 2 varieties that Sams Club sells and maybe you guys can tell me the difference. one says sirloin while the other says angus. arent' they both the same? prices are about $1 difference
Sirloin is the cut of the cow that is ground up into patties and generally has a higher quality/flavor, with slightly less fat than chuck(normal burger). Angus is the type of cow that is genetically different and supposedly has better marbling and flavor of the meat.
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2019, 07:42 AM   #1078
Alfisti
Lieutenant Colonel
1382
Rep
1,507
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
awesome! was about to order it from Amazon but shipping is ridiculous! $17.48

anyone else have recommendations for some pretty good steak seasoning?
$18! Damn. It's really, really good because the meat still tastes like meat, there's no overpowering flavour it just enhances the beef. Try direct from the store.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST