ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-19-2019, 09:22 AM   #8031
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
There won't be any meaningful political fallout over this. Only haters crying like whiny bitches not getting their way. That makes it a hit to me.
Riveting insight. Thanks.

I'm betting Mulvaney is gone within 12 mos, probably within 6.
Months? Could also be days......maybe weeks.
      10-19-2019, 09:22 AM   #8032
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Give me a break the entire media wasnt trying to forward an agenda to impeach Obama over every sentence he said.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 09:23 AM   #8033
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
What a colossal pussy.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-...awful-coverage

While the reporting is obviously biased, the man spent eight years pushing conspiracy nonsense about our previous president that aired on right wing news media. I don't recall Obama suing over that.

What a small man Trump is. Complete and total pussy.
That's fighting back. Welcome to politics.
Well isn't it great Trump can push back against CNN, but not Turkey.....
Dagamus_NM1551.00

10-19-2019, 11:15 AM   #8034
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep
Drives: 14 Dinan 550i, 10 m3, 91 332iC

Quote:
Suing over every little thing. Used to be that was something the right would criticize.

The letter he wrote to Erdogan and Turkey's subsequent response tells everything we need to know about Trump and his strength. He rolls over constantly and people see it as winning.
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2019, 01:15 PM   #8035
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Quote:
Suing over every little thing. Used to be that was something the right would criticize.

The letter he wrote to Erdogan and Turkey's subsequent response tells everything we need to know about Trump and his strength. He rolls over constantly and people see it as winning.
I thinks it's comical that you characterize years-long attempts to weaken our President as a "little thing."
      10-19-2019, 01:23 PM   #8036
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep

Quote:
I thinks it's comical that you characterize years-long attempts to weaken our President as a "little thing."
The man files lawsuits over everything. He is the biggest snowflake in the world.

He can dish it but he sure cannot take anything even remotely construed as criticism.

CNN bias is not weakening him, he is and has always been weak.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 01:25 PM   #8037
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Quote:
The man files lawsuits over everything. He is the biggest snowflake in the world.

He can dish it but he sure cannot take anything even remotely construed as criticism.

CNN bias is not weakening him, he is and has always been weak.
Wondering if you realize that a lawsuit wasn't actually filed. This was a shot across the bow. Like I said... Welcome to politics.
      10-19-2019, 02:54 PM   #8038
SumBMWGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A German Car

Quote:
Some thoughts on this stupid emoluments topic.

1. This discussion should be had in the context that President Trump donates his annual $400,000 Presidential salary to charity. Every quarter the White House announces what charity/organization he is going to give $100,000 of his salary to.

2. He didn't need to become POTUS in the first place. He was already a multi billionaire earning a $60m a year salary (that's $1.15m a week)!

3. Does anyone really think President Trump or the Trump brand has increased their brand equity since he decided to run for President? The Trump name is far, far more polarizing than it was before he jumped into the political arena. President Trump and Trump brands have been negatively impacted by him becoming President.
1) Doesn't matter, it's still covered under "can't accept items of value"
2) Again doesn't matter. It's still covered under "can't accept items of value"
3) Refer to 1 & 2
Appreciate 2
      10-19-2019, 04:36 PM   #8039
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep

Quote:
Wondering if you realize that a lawsuit wasn't actually filed. This was a shot across the bow. Like I said... Welcome to politics.
It is still part of his character. Even if it has some merit in this case.

I honestly wish he would sue and set a precedent. Take the news back to what it was in the 1980s and 90s. There is enough going on in the world for a 24 hour news network to report without all of the opinion stuff.

That said, he is still a weak man. Get rid of him and Pence and put somebody in that will actually stand up for America and challenge Putin.

Turkey, we are getting owned by Turkey. Do you not have a problem with this? China is expanding their footprint all over the world economically to the point that they won't need us. Russia is expanding their influence, particularly in places where we have been and what are we doing?

Obama was wrong to not raze Damascus, rid the world of Assad. Putin stepped in and challenged him and he backed down. The right went nuts and rightfully so, I was very disappointed in what I saw as the worst move of his presidency. Trump took a situation which had already turned in our favor regarding ISIS and to his credit mostly finished the job. Then he ditched our allies in the weakest of ways and sold our soldiers to Saudi Arabia.

We have always armed those fighting in our proxy wars. Supported them with air power and finances. For us to provide the men and Saudi to provide the money is not how this works. What kind of superpower are we if our men are dying for a Saudi conflict?
Appreciate 1
wdb2336.50

10-19-2019, 04:55 PM   #8040
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Get rid of him and Pence and put somebody in that [I like]
No. That's not how democracy works; no matter how much the Democrat party wants our elections to be dictated by elites. Support for President Trump is over 80% among Republicans. We've decided he is our guy for the 2020 election. Vote for someone else if you think they're better.

Quote:
Obama was wrong to not raze Damascus, rid the world of Assad.
Thank you for this. Your post provides me the opportunity to display my principles aren't dictated by party. I supported Presiden Obama's decision to stay out of Syria then, and I still do today.
      10-19-2019, 05:02 PM   #8041
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
we are getting owned by Turkey. Do you not have a problem with this?
Knowing Turkey is a member of NATO, and geographically important; what do you suggest? Don't tell me about problems and challenges; tell me the solutions you support. I'm all ears.

The other point I can't help but be disgusted by is how people seem to be forgetting that the American President represents we Americans. When Turkey allegedly throws our President's letter in the trash, they threw all of our letters in the trash. It's foolish for any American to think they're separate from this because they don't support the current POTUS.
      10-19-2019, 05:09 PM   #8042
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
Quote:

1. This discussion should be had in the context that President Trump donates his annual $400,000 Presidential salary to charity. Every quarter the White House announces what charity/organization he is going to give $100,000 of his salary to.

2. He didn't need to become POTUS in the first place. He was already a multi billionaire earning a $60m a year salary (that's $1.15m a week)!

3. Does anyone really think President Trump or the Trump brand has increased their brand equity since he decided to run for President? The Trump name is far, far more polarizing than it was before he jumped into the political arena. President Trump and Trump brands have been negatively impacted by him becoming President.
1) Doesn't matter, it's still covered under "can't accept items of value"
2) Again doesn't matter. It's still covered under "can't accept items of value"
3) Refer to 1 & 2
So idiotic. Of course it doesn't matter to you. You're obviously consumed by hate.

Good luck proving he is profiting from his term in office. Who would prove that anyway? A bunch of politicians that themselves are profiting from their positions? What a joke.

10-19-2019, 05:23 PM   #8043
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Just another thread to show how the lefties and their TDS on full display. Maybe some here will chose to leave the U.S. like all the Hollywood types left when trump won in 2016...oh wait they didn't.

When the Market tanks (if trump loses) libs won't care that their accounts went to sht....many of them will still get an allowance though. And the important thing is we'll have some one in office that will Make America blaa Again
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 05:50 PM   #8044
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep

Quote:
Knowing Turkey is a member of NATO, and geographically important; what do you suggest? Don't tell me about problems and challenges; tell me the solutions you support. I'm all ears.

The other point I can't help but be disgusted by is how people seem to be forgetting that the American President represents we Americans. When Turkey allegedly throws our President's letter in the trash, they threw all of our letters in the trash. It's foolish for any American to think they're separate from this because they don't support the current POTUS.
His letter was trash. I sure as hell don't want to be represented by a letter written like that. Did you actually read it? Turkey is a member of NATO yes, they are drifting further and further from that position and aligning with the Russians. All of Eastern Europe is moving that direction.

Trump had been taunting him regarding Syria and the Kurds. Erdogan kept pushing back and stuck to his word. Trump backed down and said go for it.

While I do not agree with the position and how fast it was done, I can understand the argument for bringing our troops home. Shouldn't have been there in the first place but can't really change that now can we.

To turn around and send troops right to Saudi Arabia with the rationale that Saudi will pay for it is wrong. Any credibility Trump had from pulling out of Syria is lost by going right back to Saudi Arabia. If it is about money simply hire contractors to do the job.
Appreciate 1
SoCalS2k390.50

10-19-2019, 07:56 PM   #8045
SumBMWGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A German Car

Quote:
So idiotic. Of course it doesn't matter to you. You're obviously consumed by hate.

Good luck proving he is profiting from his term in office. Who would prove that anyway? A bunch of politicians that themselves are profiting from their positions? What a joke.
Calling my reply idiotic does nothing to move forward the debate. Please explain how the 2020 G7 meeting being held at one of the president's properties is not something of value. Even if it is done "for cost", that is still value.

You seem to like to just throw out insults when you are challenged, how about trying to articulate a well informed opinion instead of lashing out?
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2019, 08:16 PM   #8046
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
His letter was trash. I sure as hell don't want to be represented by a letter written like that. Did you actually read it? Turkey is a member of NATO yes, they are drifting further and further from that position and aligning with the Russians. All of Eastern Europe is moving that direction.

Trump had been taunting him regarding Syria and the Kurds. Erdogan kept pushing back and stuck to his word. Trump backed down and said go for it.

While I do not agree with the position and how fast it was done, I can understand the argument for bringing our troops home. Shouldn't have been there in the first place but can't really change that now can we.

To turn around and send troops right to Saudi Arabia with the rationale that Saudi will pay for it is wrong. Any credibility Trump had from pulling out of Syria is lost by going right back to Saudi Arabia. If it is about money simply hire contractors to do the job.
As usual I believe trump misspoke. He’s not the brightest bulb and blurts out stupidity as we all know. What’s important for our troops and America in general is, our troops don’t get KIA in Saudi, it’s not a combat zone but they can in syria.
President has stated numerous times he’s sick of American warriors getting killed in the region, me too.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 3
Eriphill2565.50
Run Silent14168.00

10-19-2019, 08:26 PM   #8047
Eriphill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
As usual I believe trump misspoke. He’s not the brightest bulb and blurts out stupidity as we all know. What’s important for our troops and America in general is, our troops don’t get KIA in Saudi, it’s not a combat zone but they can in syria.
President has stated numerous times he’s sick of American warriors getting killed in the region, me too.
I was going to say something similar. Trump often speaks about the waste of soldiers dying in pointless conflicts. Where is a soldier safer: patrolling a dirt road in northern Syria or on a military base in Saudi.
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee2668.00

10-19-2019, 08:38 PM   #8048
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i

All these excuses. Syria and ditching the Kurds is okay because “endless wars” and “bring our troops home”. Sending them to Saudi Arabia, where the funds for the endless wars originate, is okay though.

Biden’s kid bad for trading on daddy’s name, Donny and Ivanka and Jared are okay though.

All these excuses. Rationalization after rationalization.
Appreciate 4
cjb7621098.00
mbanks211129.50
SoCalS2k390.50

10-19-2019, 08:56 PM   #8049
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Saudi is an an ally of the US and has been for decades, thats been the case under both R&D admins. Unfortunately countries sometimes need to hold their noses around the “friends” they need to keep. Did you bitch about Obama bowing to them?
Kurds served us well and we sure as shit served them a whole lot more then they did us. We killed the Sadam regime from the top down in two wars and supported them with American blood and guts for decades. How long do we need to keep our troops their to fight their Muslim wars with their Muslim enemies? Those people do nothing but kill each for as long as man lived there. You want to hold their hands for the next fifty years go volunteer to merc with them. Easy for you to say, you go fight for them from your couch.
USA military air power will provide plenty of protection for them along with armament.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
Eriphill2565.50

10-20-2019, 06:13 AM   #8050
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:

#1 - No it doesn't. One has nothing to do with the other.

#2 - Nobody needs to become POTUS. So that's irrelevant.

#3 - From a "no publicity is bad publicity" standpoint? Sure. I'm not in marketing/advertising, so from a true bottom line perspective I couldn't even guess. It's also irrelevant. No one forced him to run for office.

As to the "Trump has so much money, he doesn't need to do this." argument - why did he double membership fees at Mar A Lago when he won the election?

Rich people like making money as much, probably more, than the next guy.

It doesn't matter now, at any rate. Someone in the WH (Sekulow?) talked some sense into The Donald and the G7 will now be held elsewhere - as it should have been all along.

Last edited by hooligan_COLD; 10-20-2019 at 06:31 AM..
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2019, 12:45 PM   #8051
Eriphill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
All these excuses. Syria and ditching the Kurds is okay because “endless wars” and “bring our troops home”. Sending them to Saudi Arabia, where the funds for the endless wars originate, is okay though.

Biden’s kid bad for trading on daddy’s name, Donny and Ivanka and Jared are okay though.

The restoration of Syrian territorial integrity through diplomacy with the YPG Kurds, Syria gets its territory back, Turkey gets the Kurdish SDF off its border in an important town and the U.S. alerts the world that the old game is over and a new one is starting. US troops moved to Saudi where they will be out of the line of fire while sending a message to Iran. Finally a tiny glimmer of the slightest possibility of a deescalation in the region after what 20 years of failed US ME policy and how do the TDS victims respond? With the same old childish, sniveling Trump bad, we should keep doing what hasn't worked for the past 20 years because the MSM propaganda told me so typical.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410333.00
arkie6383.50

10-20-2019, 01:46 PM   #8052
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post

The restoration of Syrian territorial integrity through diplomacy with the YPG Kurds, Syria gets its territory back, Turkey gets the Kurdish SDF off its border in an important town and the U.S. alerts the world that the old game is over and a new one is starting. US troops moved to Saudi where they will be out of the line of fire while sending a message to Iran. Finally a tiny glimmer of the slightest possibility of a deescalation in the region after what 20 years of failed US ME policy and how do the TDS victims respond? With the same old childish, sniveling Trump bad, we should keep doing what hasn't worked for the past 20 years because the MSM propaganda told me so typical.
Diplomacy? Turkey invaded. There was no negotiation or diplomacy.