ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-30-2016, 08:34 AM   #1
SwissArmy
Why so serious?
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4; BMW X5; BMW 733

BMW Z4 ABS sensor question

According to REALOEM, each side has its own part number.
I found a retailer near me that has just the left sensor (I need the right side sensor). They assure me that this sensor can fit on either side.

Is this true?

Can the sensor be used on either side?

I'm confused because, then what would be the point of having two different part numbers...
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 11:59 AM   #2
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissArmy View Post
According to REALOEM, each side has its own part number.
I found a retailer near me that has just the left sensor (I need the right side sensor). They assure me that this sensor can fit on either side.

Is this true?

Can the sensor be used on either side?

I'm confused because, then what would be the point of having two different part numbers...
You didn't specify front or rear...

I looked at realoem and found P/N 34526757281 as the rear ABS sensor. Qty 2 same P/N for either side. I checked, and the front ABS sensors are different right to left: Right is 34526792896, left is 34526792897. The front is probably dictated by the design of the steering knuckle.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2016, 06:10 AM   #3
SwissArmy
Why so serious?
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4; BMW X5; BMW 733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
You didn't specify front or rear...

I looked at realoem and found P/N 34526757281 as the rear ABS sensor. Qty 2 same P/N for either side. I checked, and the front ABS sensors are different right to left: Right is 34526792896, left is 34526792897. The front is probably dictated by the design of the steering knuckle.
Thanks Efthreeoh. I picked up two ABS sensors for the fronts. I thought, might as well change both. $50/pair.
Appreciate 0