ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #23
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post

The reason the revs drop is due t the lightweight flywheel I think. In any case, the trick to being smooth is to just relax your right ankle a little bit and keep some throttle in play. Think of it as a modified "upshift heel/toe". You've got to keep the revs up a bit and if you fully drop out of the throttle it just doesn't work well (no matter how fast you shift). Learned that one from my wife, who can drive this car so smoothly you hardly know she's shifted gears. Even with the CDV gone you still have to keep the revs up a bit to stay smooth.
Thanks I will try to give it some gas when shifting and see if that helps out. On my previous car I would always go completely off the gas for a smooth shift so I will have to get out of that habit.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 01:15 PM   #24
dekaliber
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '11 JCW, '18 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfine88 View Post
I've had mine for a year and I still have a bowl of Cherrios with her in the garage a couple times a week. I know, I'm pathetic.
Nothing wrong with that, dude.

Sometimes, when I'm walking towards the office, if no one else else is around, I'll turn around and look at the car and ponder it's great beauty. On the few occasion that others have driven it (mostly porters at the dealership) and I get to see it in motion in the third person, it's almost erotic.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 01:23 PM   #25
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Thanks I will try to give it some gas when shifting and see if that helps out. On my previous car I would always go completely off the gas for a smooth shift so I will have to get out of that habit.
I hear yah, my daily driver runs that way too, and I always have to adapt to the Z4M on those rare occasions I get to "borrow it" from Skelekitty (it's my wife's car, and that's her name on the forum).

Just one of the fun things about mastering this car!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #26
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

this thread is quickly turning into a '1000 ways to know u're obsessed with ur m coupe'!

body shop manager called up yesterday to update me on the progress of my bumper refinishing, and made mention that he'd parked the m indoors in the next door chevrolet service center. says it's so clean and futuristic looking that the mechanics don't dare to go too near it!

gatorfast, please post pics of the interior!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 01:26 PM   #27
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've had mine for a year and I still have a bowl of Cherrios with her in the garage a couple times a week. I know, I'm pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekaliber View Post
Nothing wrong with that, dude.

Sometimes, when I'm walking towards the office, if no one else else is around, I'll turn around and look at the car and ponder it's great beauty. On the few occasion that others have driven it (mostly porters at the dealership) and I get to see it in motion in the third person, it's almost erotic.
Yeah, don't feel bad guys. As I'm pulling the the E92 M3 in to the garage I always look at the Z4M and think "damn, that's a great ass on that car". Then I get out of the E92, gawk at the Z4M, go to close the garage, gawk again at the Z4M. I usually walk in and say "hi, honey, man, that car of yours sure is a beauty". When I back out of the garage I stare at the Z4M.

My E92 gets no love. It's a great car and all (what I wouldn't give to have the S65 in the Z4M ), but it's not the sexy little thing the Z4M is. (The E92 is our "practical car" .)

Oh, and every time I go in the garage to work or get something I end up staring at the Z4M....

Seems to be the nature of that car--its siren song is so strong no one can resist her power.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #28
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4gs View Post
this thread is quickly turning into a '1000 ways to know u're obsessed with ur m coupe'!

body shop manager called up yesterday to update me on the progress of my bumper refinishing, and made mention that he'd parked the m indoors in the next door chevrolet service center. says it's so clean and futuristic looking that the mechanics don't dare to go too near it!

gatorfast, please post pics of the interior!
You've got that right buddy.

Went to pick up the E92 from some touch up work on the bumper and everyone came out, not to get me my car, but rather to gather round and look at the Z4M. Then one of them said, "oh yeah, I guess we have to go get your car " and the low guy on the totem pole had to go get my E92. (The touch up looked perfect in case anyone cares....)

As for the nature of the thread, all I can say is that I think folks are getting their money's worth with this car!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #29
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

I haven't been able to see my MC in the third person in motion, but i have seen another (blind32's) and it's just as sexy.

I really can't wait to have the time, most likely tomorrow night, to get my new wheels on, wash em all up and take some pics. I've noticed i've become quite the amatuer photographer since owning this car. haha. I'll drive past an open area or lake or something and say to myself, "man, that'd be a great photo op"
      08-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #30
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
I haven't been able to see my MC in the third person in motion, but i have seen another (blind32's) and it's just as sexy.

I really can't wait to have the time, most likely tomorrow night, to get my new wheels on, wash em all up and take some pics. I've noticed i've become quite the amatuer photographer since owning this car. haha. I'll drive past an open area or lake or something and say to myself, "man, that'd be a great photo op"
Slacker, how long have the wheels been sitting in your garage now
      08-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #31
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Slacker, how long have the wheels been sitting in your garage now
haha....since tuesday night i know i know! I really am super busy! plus i want to clean them good, the inside barrel too before i mount them.
      08-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #32
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Congrats on the awesome car! I'm one of the guys who thinks that both the roadster and the coupe look amazing. In fact, if I could manage it, I'd add a second car in the form of a Z4 coupe to the driveway.

Cheers and enjoy!!!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #33
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
Congrats on the awesome car! I'm one of the guys who thinks that both the roadster and the coupe look amazing. In fact, if I could manage it, I'd add a second car in the form of a Z4 coupe to the driveway.

Cheers and enjoy!!!
seconded! I'm trying to get my wife get one of the roadsters for sale since it's "i'm done with my lease" season...
      08-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #34
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Here is a quick cell phone pic I took of the interior when I first saw the car:

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #35
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

gah, i want! i'm not so sure i'd be happy with the 'superman' color scheme on my m, but the imola red is definitely unique and sexy. it plays off the carbon leather very well (and actually looks best against the grey poplar wood trim on the e90/e92/e93s). all black interior is a bit dull and unexciting, but at least it's easiest to keep looking clean and feels uniform. almost like there's nothing to distract u except the red m needles on the dials and the wide open road.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 08:36 PM   #36
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Here is a quick cell phone pic I took of the interior when I first saw the car:

Very jealous of your interior. keep the pics coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4gs View Post
gah, i want! i'm not so sure i'd be happy with the 'superman' color scheme on my m, .
I would be down with the "superman" color scheme. Not popular, but I have seen it done once and it was awesome!