ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-21-2019, 12:42 PM   #1
Dominic22
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M

My New Z4m with a ESS Supercharger

I thought I should let my first post be a couple of photos of my new car. It is a Z4M with an ESS supercharger, Bilstein Shocks and AP's all around. It was completed by TGM Sport Racing in Fleet in the Uk about 2000 miles ago and has nearly 52000 miles on it in total.

Unfortunately the previous owner got quite ill so was unable to get the enjoyment that his investment deserved.

It will go away for the winter but I will change the seats and possible remove the cage and reinstate the roof to make it a bit more practical in the UK "summer" Weather. Excuse the size of the photos I have no idea how to make them smaller.......
Attached Images

Last edited by Dominic22; 09-21-2019 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 2
Mirko182.00
      09-21-2019, 01:09 PM   #2
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

Wow. that's a first to see a cage on the roadster. Beautiful spec car. Would you mind taking more pictures specifically on how the cage, seats and harnesses? Is the hardtop installed while the cage is in place?

Awesome car and a nice pick up.

FB Group-- > fb.com/groups/z4group
Instagram --> @Skyermotorsport
FB Page-- > fb.com/Skyermotorsport
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 02:08 PM   #3
Dominic22
Registered
Rep

I Will get some more photos tomorrow for you but yes the hardtop is installed while the cage is in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
Wow. that's a first to see a cage on the roadster. Beautiful spec car. Would you mind taking more pictures specifically on how the cage, seats and harnesses? Is the hardtop installed while the cage is in place?

Awesome car and a nice pick up.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 09:42 PM   #4
sirhodjibob
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 99 Carrera, 99 M3. Sold: Z4MR

Very cool! Do those brakes clear without spacers?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 09:31 PM   #5
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

SO awesome!
If the hardtop fits with the roll hoop, do you still wish to remove the roll hoop? If the roll hoop is removed, will you re-install the OEM roll hoops?
Curious as to the seat replacement - are they uncomfortable?

This is an incredible roadster....it must be crazy FAST with the supercharger!
      09-24-2019, 03:55 AM   #6
Dominic22
Registered
Rep

I am not sure on the seats yet. I am going to change them and have been looking at the Lotus Evora seats, specifically these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-of-L...IAAOSwk35buy4p as I like the color contrast even had a look at some M2 Coupe seats as they would look good fitted if I could get them to work.

The car originally had Sepang leather but the previous owner changed the door cards with the seats due to them looking tatty. It will sit in the garage over winter so I can decide. I really like the look with the cage the issue being in England as in Seattle in the summer we can have 4 seasons in a day it seems so weekends away or longish trips might be an issue with no hardtop with me....
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 04:11 PM   #7
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Got it -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic22 View Post
I am not sure on the seats yet. I am going to change them and have been looking at the Lotus Evora seats, specifically these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-of-L...IAAOSwk35buy4p as I like the color contrast even had a look at some M2 Coupe seats as they would look good fitted if I could get them to work.

The car originally had Sepang leather but the previous owner changed the door cards with the seats due to them looking tatty. It will sit in the garage over winter so I can decide. I really like the look with the cage the issue being in England as in Seattle in the summer we can have 4 seasons in a day it seems so weekends away or longish trips might be an issue with no hardtop with me....
The Lotus seats are awesome; your UK/Seattle summer weather observation is spot-on....but the benefits of the roll hoop (minus it's weight and increasing the center of gravity) is safety/rigidity/looks; but your supercharged S54 can clearly take care of a little bit of extra weight....it is awesome to enjoy the beautiful Great Pacific Northwest weather in the Red Roadster with the top down....and the convenience of pushing the button and we're out of the elements.

Tell us about the acceleration with the supercharger....