ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-10-2021, 11:23 AM   #1
thatg
Major
Rep
Drives: Silverstone E93 M3

Battery drain issue aftermarket bluetooth

Hey guys i picked up a cheap bluetooth solution for my z4m that has an adapter to connect to the existing radio. It works great but i notice the bluetooth status light on it stays on even if i lock the car. Any ideas on how i can avoid the drain from this thing and keep it?

This is the one I got
eastar Bluetooth Handsfree Audio Radio Music Adapter AUX in Cable Fit for BMW E46 E39 X5 E53 X3 E83 Z4 E85 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087JGPJNY...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Side question - i recently got the house brand battery from oreillys and i can't seem to figure out how to get the battery to sit properly. It doesn't press against the back of the battery cage and when i try to secure with the metal bracket it pops right out and slides around. Am I missing something here? Thanks all

http://www.e90post.com/forums/search...&starteronly=1
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 12:48 PM   #2
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
What size battery did you get? I've tried H6 and now H7 from various brands (Car Quest, AutoZone, Bosch, and Champion) and all of them fit without issues.
      11-23-2021, 09:44 AM   #3
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
If this is just for music (and not phone calls), I just hardwired a BT adapter and plugged audio in to the aux input. It’s all tucked away underneath the hvac / shifter area, works great and powers on/off with car.