ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-03-2019, 11:29 PM   #1
AnthonyCA
-------
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Garage List
Under seat subwoofer

Has anyone installed a low profile sub under your seat on a Z4M coupe? I was looking at Rockville RW10CA or similar and wondering if anyone has tried it.
TIA!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 11:01 AM   #2
nate96
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: TI Silver 06 Z4 Coupe

That Rockville looks almost the same as the Cerwin Vega vpas10. I installed a vpas12. I didn't put it under the seat as there isn't much room under there with the electric seats. Manual seats might be a different story. I put it in the back where the bluetooth receiver was. It allows the carpet to be put back and you cannot see that the sub is there. I also gutted the stereo. I also considered putting on the floor of the trunk but preferred it to be hidden.
Attached Images

09-14-2019, 08:56 AM   #3
clarkzz55
Registered
Rep
Drives: E89 BMW Z4

A friend of mine was experimenting with such things, but he faced a problem about audio capacitor, cause it wasn't powerful enough for all his subs he installed, that's why he needed a new audio capacitor and to setup up all new wires inside his car. I knew a great blog, so I recommended him a useful reference about all kinds of capacitors, so he has chosen one called PYLE, and it works perfectly.
Appreciate 0