ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-28-2008, 10:54 PM   #1
jamboMR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MR sold *sniff sniff*

Digital SLR pics of your baby?

Hey all,

anyone into photography here? i havent done much in years (been so lazy using a cameraphone instead!) but the bimmer inspired me to dust off my four and a half year old canon 300D/digital rebel and F1.8 50mm from the back of the cupboard. here's some shots from the past weekend, would love to see other peoples digital SLR pics to give me some more inspiration

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2008, 11:09 PM   #2
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

great shots. make them full size though. i will be investing in a SLR soon. i took some pics of my car with my aunts camera. dont remember what it was but the dark shots came out really well (and i know SLRs are all about lighting). *noted* this was my first time using a real camera lol. you really have to play with the settings to get it right. a tripod is always nice too. heres some shots of my car

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2008, 06:30 PM   #3
03BeastCharmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamboMR View Post
Hey all,

I'm not a fan of the roadster, but this picture gives clues to the coke bottle shape, and shows a really nice line from the seats to the tail, and highlights that you're sitting right over the rear axles.

Also expands the feeling that roadsters connect you more with nature/your environment.

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3, E39 M5, E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2008, 10:55 PM   #4
jamboMR
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
I'm not a fan of the roadster, but this picture gives clues to the coke bottle shape, and shows a really nice line from the seats to the tail, and highlights that you're sitting right over the rear axles.

Also expands the feeling that roadsters connect you more with nature/your environment.
hehehe thanks! you certainly saw a lot more depth and meaning in that photograph than i did.....

.........i'd finished taking the shots i wanted of the car and snuck off into the trees for a pee! saw this angle and snapped it

MMMazing07 - nice pics! it is certainly a lot cheaper to get into digital photography these days, my old thing is probably only worth a couple hundred bucks now
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 04:41 AM   #5
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

nice shots,good work.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 02:14 AM   #6
jamboMR
Private First Class
Rep

Another one from today's little hiking trip in the woods

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 04:18 AM   #7
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

sweet.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 09:58 AM   #8
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
jambo, that is some seriously nice work ! the last pic is my favorite
      10-12-2008, 10:35 AM   #9
BimmerZ408
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4

These 2 are my favs that you took. I am just getting into photography; I invested in the Sony DSLR-A100 a while back, but I am just now getting around to learning how to use it. I took a butt load of pics up in the mountains a couple of weeks ago of Bimmie - I agree with you, our cars are inspirational.

Quote:
Quote:

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 06:19 PM   #10
Graham M
I love my Z. Pure sex on wheels.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Is sold, goodbye everyone!

Looks like
<---- this guy needs to buy an SLR next.
WOW those are some great pics
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 12:11 AM   #11
jamboMR
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks guys (and girls) there are so many sexy angles and curves on our cars it's difficult to know where to start, and every time i start to focus on some other scenery around the place, i always come back and take another quick snap of the Z before i hop back in

BimmerZ408 and Graham look forward to your shots
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #12
BimmerZ408
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
BimmerZ408 and Graham look forward to your shots
I'll try to post some pics within the next couple of days, but I assure you they're nowhere near as good as yours!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 11:34 AM   #13
ovrkll
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue Z4M

Mine:

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 09:58 PM   #14
BimmerZ408
First Lieutenant
Rep

Here's one (of a couple hundred that I've taken of her), not sure that it's the best pic - but it's one of my favs.

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2008, 03:46 AM   #15
rcube
Private
Rep
Drives: z4mc

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2008, 12:05 PM   #16
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:

Sick.
What set up did you use to take this picture?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #17
jamboMR
Private First Class
Rep

Awesome!! thanks for sharing everyone. Shots of the roadsters in the wilderness really brings home the point about filling your cabin with scenery

ovrkll- That shot of the 2 cars together is hot

BimmerZ408- Wow where was that taken? Really makes you feel like you're there

Rcube- That first shot is my fave because it looks so menacing, love the curvy bits

jlstyle- My hardware itself is nothing special, it's all about how you use it (that's what she said ) Camera is a 4.5 year old Canon 300D/Digital Rebel which has been round the world a few times, dropped, stood on, etc, and wont even autofocus anymore. Lens I used for that was Canon F1.8 50mm prime. I used auto exposure bracketing at +/- 2 (if you've never used it before, basically it takes 3 photos: 1 overexposed, 1 underexposed, 1 normal), then merged the 3 shots into one 32bit HDR image in Photoshop. Then used Photomatix HDR plugin to manipulate black point, white point, luminosity, light smoothing, etc. I overdid the black a bit because i wanted to create a dark, menacing, lurking in the jungle kinda look

As complicated as that sounds, it only takes 5-10 minutes per photo once you get the hang of it
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #18
BimmerZ408
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
My hardware itself is nothing special, it's all about how you use it (that's what she said )
Too funny!

Jambo - My pic & new sig pic (as well as about 100 others I took that day), were all taken just a few miles east of Blackhawk/Central city (Colorado). I love our mountains – makes for some great backdrops!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #19
jamboMR
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerZ408 View Post
Too funny!

Jambo - My pic & new sig pic (as well as about 100 others I took that day), were all taken just a few miles east of Blackhawk/Central city (Colorado). I love our mountains – makes for some great backdrops!
Wow i totally gotta get my ass out there to have a look! Ive only lived in the US a bit over a year and trying to see as much scenery as possible. One of the girls at work is from Denver and wont shut up about how nice the Colorado mountains are and even wants a few of us to move out there to start another little office Must be some kinda place!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 03:11 PM   #20
BimmerZ408
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Wow i totally gotta get my ass out there to have a look! Ive only lived in the US a bit over a year and trying to see as much scenery as possible. One of the girls at work is from Denver and wont shut up about how nice the Colorado mountains are and even wants a few of us to move out there to start another little office Must be some kinda place!
Hey Jambo! Yes, your co-worker is right about our mountains, and you definitely need to come out here sometime. Where are you from, since you mentioned being here in the US for a little over a year. If you guys do open an office out here, keep me posted - we need more Z4er's out here - CA has enough!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 11:10 PM   #21
jamboMR
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerZ408 View Post
Hey Jambo! Yes, your co-worker is right about our mountains, and you definitely need to come out here sometime. Where are you from, since you mentioned being here in the US for a little over a year. If you guys do open an office out here, keep me posted - we need more Z4er's out here - CA has enough!
Haha yeah but at the same time it must be great having an even more exclusive car out there in CO compared to CA! So many Z4s getting around norcal on the weekend it's unbelievable, but oh so sexy.

I'm Australian but work has been nuts for the past few years. Spend about 50% of my time in the US but have places in London and Australia as well and spend the rest of my time between UK, Europe and Aus. I dont know where I'm from anymore!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #22
BimmerZ408
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Haha yeah but at the same time it must be great having an even more exclusive car out there in CO compared to CA! So many Z4s getting around norcal on the weekend it's unbelievable, but oh so sexy.

I'm Australian but work has been nuts for the past few years. Spend about 50% of my time in the US but have places in London and Australia as well and spend the rest of my time between UK, Europe and Aus. I dont know where I'm from anymore!
True, it is kind of cool being "rare" when it comes to our Z4's. The head-turns, almost to the point of whiplash that I see some people do, makes it all the more fun in owning this car.

I've seen maybe 12-14 Z4 verties so far, and 0 Z4C's here. Although someone just joined this forum a couple of weeks ago, that just purchased a silver/or grey coupe and is here in Denver - although I have not seen him on the road yet. I do see a lot of Z3's verties, but so far not many Z4's.

WOW! You do get around! lol! I see that you've updated your "Location", under your avatar. I am definitely jealous of your travels. Someday soon though, as I really want to go to Europe & Australia!
Appreciate 0