ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-16-2022, 09:19 AM   #1
flapjack
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 07' Z4MC / 13' X5M

Not a lot of activity in this sub-forum lately it seems, but hoping some members chime in…

After living my entire life in Toronto (Canada), I've been offered a new opportunity in Seattle and my wife and I are moving to the West Coast - all toys in tow.

I've had the same BMW Mechanic for 20+ years, and looking for some suggestions in and around the Seattle area.

Any other suggestions from locals in the area is greatly appreciated - as we will be starting from scratch and need to find a new everything (i.e. areas to live in, gym, tennis club, barber, restaurants, etc).
Attached Images

2007 BMW Z4M Coupe
2013 BMW X5M
2013 Mini Cooper S Roadster
Appreciate 1
racerbruce3848.50
      04-28-2022, 01:06 PM   #2
jpbmw
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M4, '08 Z4MC

Garage List
Good luck with the move - no suggestions unfortunately (as live in BC) but not too far away from a few owners in the Okanagan. If you're ever bringing the M Coupe up north of the border to wine country send a message and we can meet up!
Appreciate 2
racerbruce3848.50
      04-28-2022, 07:09 PM   #3
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Greetings and welcome to The Great Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Not a lot of activity in this sub-forum lately it seems, but hoping some members chime in…

After living my entire life in Toronto (Canada), I've been offered a new opportunity in Seattle and my wife and I are moving to the West Coast - all toys in tow.

I've had the same BMW Mechanic for 20+ years, and looking for some suggestions in and around the Seattle area.

Any other suggestions from locals in the area is greatly appreciated - as we will be starting from scratch and need to find a new everything (i.e. areas to live in, gym, tennis club, barber, restaurants, etc).
Welcome!
The Puget Sound region is awesome; we moved here forever ago from San Diego CA and our mantra is "we live in a forest'....it's just beautiful; we live in Gig Harbor https://www.google.com/search?q=gig+...xnLKOzCGUZBsXM which is 50 miles south of downtown Seattle

I entrusted Eastside Bavarian to care for my Red Roadster; they are incredibly competent and highly trained BMW technicians; they performed a pretty major suspension upgrade (Bilstein shocks, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, ZHP control arms, bushings, etc); take a look at their website and read the bio's of the tech's: https://eastsidebavarian.com/

Name:  Red Roadster Apr 2018 Pic 5.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  698.0 KB

Will you be working downtown Seattle? Bellevue? Redmond?

Regards
Bruce
      04-30-2022, 07:55 AM   #4
flapjack
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbmw View Post
Good luck with the move - no suggestions unfortunately (as live in BC) but not too far away from a few owners in the Okanagan. If you're ever bringing the M Coupe up north of the border to wine country send a message and we can meet up!
Thank you! One of my brothers lives in BC, so we will most definitely be driving back and forth from time to time. Okanagan is also on our list of places to explore - I'll let you know when we are planning a trip up there

2007 BMW Z4M Coupe
2013 BMW X5M
Appreciate 1
jpbmw18.00
      04-30-2022, 08:03 AM   #5
flapjack
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Welcome!
The Puget Sound region is awesome; we moved here forever ago from San Diego CA and our mantra is "we live in a forest'....it's just beautiful; we live in Gig Harbor https://www.google.com/search?q=gig+...xnLKOzCGUZBsXM which is 50 miles south of downtown Seattle

I entrusted Eastside Bavarian to care for my Red Roadster; they are incredibly competent and highly trained BMW technicians; they performed a pretty major suspension upgrade (Bilstein shocks, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, ZHP control arms, bushings, etc); take a look at their website and read the bio's of the tech's: https://eastsidebavarian.com/

Attachment 2870673

Will you be working downtown Seattle? Bellevue? Redmond?

Regards
Bruce
Bruce - thanks for the info, I'll definitely check them out! I've been frantically trying to figure out a laundry list of things before we leave (looks like we are coming for June 1). I'll be working in downtown Seattle and my wife works remotely, but also has an office downtown that she plans to go into from time to time. I'll flip you a PM - Thanks!

2007 BMW Z4M Coupe
2013 BMW X5M
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 11:29 AM   #6
e86nut
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

Great to know of another M Coupe in the area! I've heard great things about Eastside. I have used Group 2 Motorsports (in Woodinville) which is closer to where I live. Also used 22RPD for any of my tuning needs. Both shops have been great to work with so far. Hope to see your car around at some point - never seen 2 Z4MCs in the same place!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 01:50 PM   #7
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

If any of you guys visit Vancouver BC, let me know. We can definitely meet up. It's where Skyer is at.. 😊

FB Group-- > fb.com/groups/z4group
Instagram --> @Skyermotorsport
FB Page-- > fb.com/Skyermotorsport
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2023, 06:51 PM   #8
jmillet
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Hyundai IONIQ 6 SEL AWD

Garage List
WELCOME to the Emerald City

Lots of Bimmer related activities here with our local BMWCCA chapter https://bmw-club-psr.org/
Several good independent shops including Car Tender in Shoreline https://www.car-tender.com/
My 2007 E86 Z4MC is parked in Shoreline but spends most of its time at the track.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2023, 07:00 PM   #9
jmillet
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Hyundai IONIQ 6 SEL AWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by toowoundup28 View Post
Great to know of another M Coupe in the area! I've heard great things about Eastside. I have used Group 2 Motorsports (in Woodinville) which is closer to where I live. Also used 22RPD for any of my tuning needs. Both shops have been great to work with so far. Hope to see your car around at some point - never seen 2 Z4MCs in the same place!
If you want to see several hundred M Cars bring your M Coupe to M Car Day at Griot's Garage in Tacoma: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...t-sound-594822

Appreciate 0